rF2 Brabham BT20 @ Rouen-Les-Essarts - Thu 18 Jun 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
My 1.59.8 hotlap from race 2. Couple of notes. T1 is not perfect too much braking before turning in, was constantly 0.15-0.2 sec faster through T1 on other laps. Also the first left hander after the hairpin is a bit too sideways. Could've shaved 0.3 sec just on those two corners.
Kept the pedal-overlay if anyone are interested.

Last edited:
Beautifl lap, Ole. Would you mind sharing your setup? My car just did not turn in very well and was very prone to spinning, no matter how much or early counter steer was applied. Under power the slides were fairly manageable, but during braking or half throttle the thing was all over the place...

Beautifl lap, Ole. Would you mind sharing your setup? My car just did not turn in very well and was very prone to spinning, no matter how much or early counter steer was applied. Under power the slides were fairly manageable, but during braking or half throttle the thing was all over the place...

Default. Changed Steering lock(or degree) to 450. Took out 10litres of fuel and that was it. So not much help there, sorry :(

Last self-promo-ish kind of thing for this race now. @Joakim Skalstad asked me the other day if I could make a render of all the cars in the race.
So, it's a first thing for everything. Moving out of the generic, white basic "studio" and trying to make a render with proper backgrounds. It's far from perfect, but it's something.
And as someone who loves colors, I must say, the Brabham-grid we had, looks very nice!

rW4gc8i.jpg

Here's my stream if anyone's interested. The first race is not great as I crashed and had to spend 80 seconds repairing, but the second one was great (as far as I'm concerned, at least).

If the timestamp for the second race doesn't work, it starts around 37:40.

Here's my stream if anyone's interested. The first race is not great as I crashed and had to spend 80 seconds repairing, but the second one was great (as far as I'm concerned, at least).

If the timestamp for the second race doesn't work, it starts around 37:40.

Nicely done, Martin! (Both the video and the race result.)

Can I ask what HUD you're using? It has a nice, clean overall look. I'm especially interested in he "Car radar (Heli-Corsa)" feature.

Sorry that I couldn't join in yesterday, but something came up that I needed to attend to.

@newbert Most of what you see is SimHub widgets. I have made some of them myself, but some are just customized existing widgets (which includes the car radar).
Hmmmm.....Interesting.

I've always been a bit confused about SimHub ----

Is external hardware (ie - a secondary screen) required to use Simhub?
Or can Simhub be displayed on your primary display (Ie - the same that displays rF2)?
And where can these "customized existing widgets" be found?

Can you provide any links to help explain how all this works?

Thanks.

@newbert If you're OK with running the game in windowed/borderless mode, then you can just use SimHub widgets as overlay on top of the game, so no external hardware required, not even a second monitor. What you see in the video is what I see on my screen when racing (except for the sidebar on the right). But as far as external hardware goes, if you want to go that route, you basically only need a phone with a connection to the same network your PC is on and an internet browser.

If you're asking about these widgets in particular, I still haven't shared them anywhere. But I was just saying today on my Discord that I should probably do it - I've been postponing it due to wanting to do some bugfixing and tweaks, but it's been months at this point and I still haven't touched it, so...yeah.

As for links...there's https://www.simhubdash.com/ which offers some documentation, and there's also an official Discord.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%