rF2 Brabham BT20 @ Hockenheim '66 - Thu 28 Jan 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sign me up! I upgraded my membership for this!

However, you need to put in your name in the "Custom Title" in "account details" first :)

chrome_2021-01-04_10-42-36-jpg.433062

Real Name is now called "Custom Title" :)

It looks like I will have to sit this one out..
Over the weekend I've disassembled my racing rig to do some repairs/cleaning/upgrading. However, properly rebuilding it is taking a lot more time than I anticipated:unsure:
And from what I've heard and read so far, this weeks' beasts require more than just a little practice to tame, so I guess these two things don't mix..

Have fun all!:thumbsup:

Do I need to change my driver name (name and surname) in the game.

I know how to do it, but it changes back everytime to Roberto. I have changed the rFactor.name file and set to read-only. I have changed it in the player.JSON file, but it changes everytime I restart the game or there is an update.

Last edited:
Do I need to change my driver name (name and surname) in the game.

I know how to do it, but it changes back everytime to Roberto. I have changed the rFactor.name file and set to read-only. I have changed it in the player.JSON file, but it changes everytime I restart the game or there is an update.
Yes please, if you would. :thumbsup:

If you wish to change your in-game name in rFactor 2, try this:

1. Click on the Windows' Start button.

2. In "Run" or "Search program and files" type "%appdata%" (without the quote symbols).

3. A "Roaming" folder should show up in the results, enter it.

4. Find the folder called ".rFactor" and enter it.

5. Right-click on "rFactor.name" file, select properties (if you don't see the .name extension, check this out).

6. Un-check the box labeled "Read-only" and press OK.

7. Right-click on "rFactor.name" file and open it with a text editor like Notepad.

8. Change your name (first line is your firstname, second line is your lastname, and third line is your nickname).

9. Save the file.

10. Right-click on "rFactor.name" file, select properties.

11. Check the box labeled "Read-only" and press OK. It is important that you don't miss this step, otherwise rFactor 2 will overwrite the file again once you open the game and you will go back to your original name.

Note - If you don't see the appdata folder, you need to change to Show Hidden Files in windows. :)

steam downloaded couple of MB as an update. I also tryed to prove the files everything fine steam says.
Anyone else with this?

1611756142188.png

Ok, new batch!

Dx04Vr8.jpg

@slideways Download Link Easiest livery-job ever! Just change name and number on the already Aussie-car! :)

IGMLvOb.jpg

@Andu1983 Download Link As Estonia never was Estonia in the time when countries had their own colors, I've done my idea of how the car could be, using the colors from the flag.

zdQ5abY.jpg

@PurgerUK Download Link Come full circle on the Brit-cars now. Started with BRM, went to Cooper, then Lotus, and now back to BRM again. Same as Denis!

3WwcZbu.jpg

@jackdyson31 Download Link Italy it is! Not much more to say really. Ferrari Red color-code. Classic.

@Ulfhedinn and @Roberbond while I could take a guess, I don't like to do it when it comes to national-stuff. If you want, you can DM me your country and I'll make a car for each of you :)

New Livery Installation Guide!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing