rF2 Brabham BT20 @ Hockenheim '66 - Thu 28 Jan 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I did that before, but if I enter into a competition race it changes the name back to Roberto again.
Maybe this is a bug? So long as you can go on RD server with your real name?

Edit: YT==You remembered this bit right?

10. Right-click on "rFactor.name" file, select properties.

11. Check the box labeled "Read-only" and press OK. It is important that you don't miss this step, otherwise rFactor 2 will overwrite the file again once you open the game and you will go back to your original name.

Last edited:
Maybe this is a bug? So long as you can go on RD server with your real name?

Edit: YT==You remembered this bit right?

10. Right-click on "rFactor.name" file, select properties.

11. Check the box labeled "Read-only" and press OK. It is important that you don't miss this step, otherwise rFactor 2 will overwrite the file again once you open the game and you will go back to your original name.
I will try it. I think it changes only with the official competition.

What took you so long?
Dean has been getting an easy ride. Time to take it to him I think. ;)
Fiddling with my new Motorcycle --Finding driving gear to be more exact --that's where I have been :)

header_500.jpg

It is a pity I could finish neither race by two accidents. In the first race I climbed to the 5th position, later somebody hit my car from behind near a corner and I lost control... and a tyre. I could go to the pit stop and repair the car after 300 seconds. I finished 14th.

The second race started very well but somebody in front of me lost control and hit a few cars incluiding mine. I lost a tyre again so I quit.

See you next time!

Ps: can anyone send me the replays? thanks

Last edited:
That was quite challenging but a nice one, sadly in first race I got up to 3rd or 4th and then misbraked and got an penalty for that short cut, trying to get rid of the penalty gave me a new set of tyres and a couple of extra liters of fuel. I ended up 14th. but could finish the race on 10th.

2.nd race was much better I started 10th and finished 3th, because some guys in the front run into trouble or crashed.
Think I got a big hit in the back of my car in this race. which cost me a couple of places in the begin of the race.
Hope I raced clean and didn't crashed someone.

My sincerest apologies for my double brain-fade, once in each race in exactly the same place: the braking point coming into the stadium section. I missed my spot in both races on the first lap. I really was not trying to dive-bomb. Just clueless, I guess. Sorry to all. I’m sure David (among many others) is not keen to ever see me on track again.

in addition, speaking of clueless, I need to figure out Discord audio chat. I was able to test the audio in Discord settings, and everything seemed good. I just couldn’t connect to the channel, l guess.

Decided against doing qually as I had to switch to auto clutch due to issues. Started 17th and mostly (bar one small hit) managed to avoid the chaos. Made it up to 4th and thought it was in the bag as I was maintaining my gap to Jim. Unfortunately next thing I see it was David behind so I knew I was in trouble. :rolleyes: Managed (just) to hold off Jim through the last 2 turns to finish 5th.
Race 2 I couldn't avoid the carnage and lost a lot of time but battled on for 10th.
Thanks guys, great fun in these. On to next week.

Didn't go well for me. Maybe I should have done more practice, but I feel a bit guilty doing too much praccy - some people just don't have time, so I feel like it gives me the jump on them a bit. No biggie, and with such a tricky car a little praccy doesn't hurt.

Sorry to Jim for ramming him on the verge as I was trying to get going after a spin. With the lack of grip on the grass, I should have been more patient mate, sorry.

Next week we have a much easier car... heck even I should be able to drive it. ;) The event is posted and the server is up. Sign up early if you can guys. Let's keep the momentum going and build a nice grid. :thumbsup:

@jackdyson31 in 2.nd race we had an collision I have seen on the Replay. I was on the inside you on the outside. Not sure if I got into oversteer or you and it looked like we were tied up together with our wheels, but in the end you got free but you landed at least on the grass.

Sorry if it was my fault. After the race I installed crew chief to hopefully avoid that in the future

@jackdyson31 in 2.nd race we had an collision I have seen on the Replay. I was on the inside you on the outside. Not sure if I got into oversteer or you and it looked like we were tied up together with our wheels, but in the end you got free but you landed at least on the grass.

Sorry if it was my fault. After the race I installed crew chief to hopefully avoid that in the future

@Stan

Hey ciaooooooo!

I didn't realise it was you man - and its no problem at all you know : I made a mistake in R1 myself and spun a poor fellow at the start and it ruined my own race as well. I had 3 offs in R1 and 5 in R2 for lots of different reasons :D - so like ... let's just forget it, learn and move on. I really appreciate you taking the time to come back on this.

I liked the races because I relaxed a bit and had figured out a strategy to be competitive and was getting a rhythm together for sector 3 (because there was no time to worry about getting it wrong!!) which was very technical and I haven't the foggiest about how to do it right . What shocked me was I could actually get that BB20 around the circuit in one piece!

Actually that circuit gave me the creeps - it scared the hell out of me even in the sim. Jim Clark died there and I can see how now.

I was going going to write you just now anyway to thank you for the setup and the exit speed tip. I have a Logitech G25 to answer your earlier question.

I hope my modded setup got through to you - the chat stopped working and you had vanished when I they dragged my mangled Nissan back to the pits :D

Take care,

PS I had to turn off crew chief during qualifying - he makes me so damn nervous :D ! It was on for the race but you know, Jim doesn't always tell you everything I noticed so beware - and rf2 flag signals just don't work in races.

Last edited:
@Stan

Hey ciaooooooo!

I didn't realise it was you man - and its no problem at all you know : I made a mistake in R1 myself and spun a poor fellow at the start and it ruined my own race as well. I had 3 offs in R1 and 5 in R2 for lots of different reasons :D - so like ... let's just forget it, learn and move on. I really appreciate you taking the time to come back on this.

But it gives me an bad feeling after watching this replay a couple of times from my cockpit I tried to come of with soft steering input towards the right side, you maybe to the left because if we get seperated it looks like your car is going more left then straight.

I was going going to write you just now anyway to thank you for the setup and the exit speed tip. I have a Logitech G25 to answer your earlier question.

I hope my modded setup got through to you - the chat stopped working and you had vanished when I they dragged my mangled Nissan back to the pits :D

Take care,

PS I had to turn off crew chief during qualifying - he makes me so damn nervous :D ! It was on for the race but you know, Jim doesn't always tell you everything I noticed so beware - and rf2 flag signals just don't work in races.

But it gives me an bad feeling after watching this replay a couple of times from my cockpit I tried to come of with soft steering input towards the right side, you maybe to the left because if we get seperated it looks like your car is going more left then straight.

My question which pedals you use was because it seemed you were not on full throttle on the straights, I shifted at 7k and you lost always meteres on me there. Had that problem with my fanatec it only makes 100% when I press it with 20 kg of load I adjusted a bt the deadzone to compansate that

Sadly when the chat bugged I didn#t recived the setup, that was the reason I rejoined aswell. but was already very late at the end

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 448 39.2%