rF2 Brabham BT20 @ '66 Monza - Thu 17 Sep 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Oh @Michael Rudolf and @Daniel Nieto Not the cars I usually see you two in! But it's real fun! I promise! or... at least it tends to be real fun! :)

Also, had a look through the last races, or with old prototypes/formula cars lately. Any takers on a 1966 action @JoshMont @detailedcoat @Knut Mattheisen @MJBTV @Peter Stokman @SenLu @Babywetrat @Javier Bernedo

There might even be a free, personalized classic livery for you if you sign up, and I can figure out where you are from:ninja:
Yes of course! Sign me in pleease :)

@Michael Rudolf
Silvio Moser used a white nose with a white centralized lengthwise stripe, while Jo Siffert used a plain red car. However, maybe the most known F1 driver to use Swiss colors is Joakim Bonnier with his Ecurie Bonnier, that was a Swiss team. So that's what I went for. After all, Bonnier kept his Swiss racing team the longest, and is the only one who scored a podium (regardless of championship or non-championship race) with his Swiss team.
FxFHtEh.jpg

Download Link

Same procedure as every time!
Choose a car in game(remember the number on the car). Click tuning/customize, and "create dir".
Find the created folder in: Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Brabham_1966\BT20_(number on car)
Unpack zip-file. Paste the dds file there, and choose it on tuning/customize in game. Voila! :)

Damn, todays racing was tight as, eh. It was tight!

Race Gaps from race 1. Interesting to see how extremely close Jim, Stig and Dean was!
fsrp37V.png

Race Positions at the end of each lap in Race 1.
feon5JJ.png

Race Gaps for race 2!
2RDZKFq.png

And the positions at the end of each lap in race 2!
CqdWwWM.png

Sorry again guys, that was about as awful as expected :cry: Shouldn't drive these cars
Aw c'mon Michael, it's just a bit of fun. You will improve if you keep racing. I was gonna do so more fast cars next week, but I can't be bothered to test if I'm honest. I think it's time for the historic F3 cars again. ;)

Yes we looked awesome!!
Was a great evening!!!
Unfortunately i did not record the races.

Race1:
I joined basically during warmup still waiting for my wife to come home. When the race started she was a few moments away from home, so after green flag i parked the car instantly on the right side of the track.
20 seconds later she arrived, giving her a little kiss for welcome and then sprinting down to the rig, jumping in, restarting the engine and flooring it while the last car passed me...
Started with one lap down, thanks to only one offtrack (i hit somebody while braking for parabolica, sorry, waited for you..) I regained laps up till 10th place.
I slowly closed the gap to @max1966i up to 36 sec. when falling back after a mistake again.
Ended up in 10th, which was more i hoped to achieve.

Race2:
Made it luckily up to 3rd place in the first part of the race, having some very close but awesome racing (two wide on the first fast right hander!!!) with @Dean Maković and another guy. Hold that place till the end. But because the guys behind where very fast and consistend, it was a hard bit of mental work to not loose the car...brilliant fun...looking forward to next thursday.

Have a good time till then everybody!!!

Cheers Dan

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline