BPR global gt series MOD, bug

I have seen somewhere a "remake" of some old mods, (I hope someone takes pity and remake this wonderful mod from a wonderful era of gt cars, post group c, prior to gt1) That era has a "I don't know what", they are PURE gt cars, without much aero, prior to the super developed gt1. (now only the Ferrari F40 and the MCL F1 are a show)
... the mod is very complete and incomplete at the same time, it has almost all the cars, but the cockpit is low poly, the sounds are the same inside and outside the car (only in some cars, in others it is fantastic). .and the physics does not seem "close to reality" I feel them more to a BTCC 90. (not the performance, I mean rather when maneuvering).

the bug: -Fresh GTR2 installation, BPR mod installation It causes the LISTS to get mixed up, I explain: the bpr mod lists are complete with their own cars ... but in the ORIGINAL list of the game (fia gt 2003, fia gt 2004) and similar, BPR cars appear ... mixing the list of cars of the default game with cars that are not of the time. (as if some cars are "filtered" as gt1, or gt, and lists them from the original game) The solution is to DIFFERENTIATE the mod from any other mod or default car, so it will not appear in other lists (in the cars and categories menu)

this aid has to be specific, "without collateral damage".
jempy, gtr233 or others, I need help.

Last edited:
I have no time to modify anything ( as I'm already too busy ) ... but what you call bug seems to be rather a "Class line" problem in the .car files of those cars.

I just checked the SIM_BPR_GGTS.gdb and any mix isn't possible between the mod and the original cars.
All categories and classes have there names with a BPR at the beginning of their name, what's of course not the case for the original cars.

I think the only mix possible takes place on one or more specific tracks just for the reason that in the class line of the .car files there's the track name appearing just to make a specific livery for a specific track.

Could you check if this is well the reason of this "bug" ?

I had a deeper look and surely found the reason .... even though this reason is quite strange.

I took 4 BPR cars appearing in the official 2004 class and checked their class lines in the .car files:
all of those cars have this "Nogaro_2004" mention on their class line.
The underscore seems not to be enough to avoid those cars in the 2004 class choice .... and it seems GTR2 takes this _2004 as a full class name 2004.

Try to modify this class for 1 car appearing in 2004 for example, deleting this Nogaro_2004 class and check if it still appears or not in the 2004 choice.
If it works ... you know what to do for those cars appearing for 2003 and 2004 FIA

EDIT: tested and it's perfectly working ... so the problem can be easily solved and please do it by yourself:
- check in game which BPR cars are appearing in 2003 or/and 2004 FIA car choice
- note on a sheet of paper year and car number and name of the team ( this last one will help you find the right car afterwards in the BPR folder )
- open each .car file for those cars and on last line .... if you find not important to keep the specific track, delete the class Nogaro_2004 or whatever the track name with such a year 2004 or 2003 at the end of the track name .... if you find it important ... you'll need to find a trick to rename it another way .... as it seem GTR2 only recognizes class names with the year at its beginning and not at the end.
For example, 2004_Nogaro should work .... but it will need a change in the track file surely to be effective.
- save and test.

NB I didn't check if another track might cause the same .... it can be of course any track with 2003 or 2004 at the end of its name in .car file.

Last edited:
You understood me, I didn't have to explain anything.:)

the problem was just this: bpr cars appear in the game's original car list, some cars (I think a porsche 964 cup team, appears in the default list).

as I said: fresh gtr2 installation, bpr mod installation. (NOTHING ELSE, no circuits) Although it does not have the mentioned circuits, they still appear in that list default gt 2003, and gt 2004 (and similar lists of the DEFAULT game)

ok ... just DELETE any reference to a circuit that says 2003 and 2004.

example, ORIGINAL ".car":

end of the line
"....
Manufacturer = "Porsche_P964_CUP"
classes = "1995_BPR_GT4,88ricard, Jarama-GP, P_Linas, Anderstorp, Silver, Nogaro_2004"
ComparativeTime = 110
... "

MODIFIED example ".car":

"....
Manufacturer = "Porsche_P964_CUP"
classes = "1995_BPR_GT4,88ricard, Jarama-GP, P_Linas, Anderstorp, Silver"
ComparativeTime = 110
... "

automatically deleting any names that have 2003 or 2004, will remove the bpr cars from the default list of the game ... and keep them in their respective place (the tab and list of BPR)

I do not use the tracks or any CHAMPIONSHIP, or any track for this mod (I use it free), I did not download any track for this mod (which asks for them) but ... if "by chance" I downloaded a circuit that I just deleted in the ".car", what would happen? I repeat, it is not my case, I do not download any track to have a real championship.

Thank you very much for the help.;)

Last edited:
I don't have this Nogaro track either ( or hidden somewhere on the HDD ) ... but if there's a track name in the .car file, that should often mean that the car had a different livery on this track.
I suppose that the car will appear twice everywhere with different liveries ... if this track mention is deleted from the class line.

stupid question: There are 2 BPR mods, the one here in Racedepartament, and the one from esportracing (they both have the same problem, if you want to know) I ask which one is "better", (the one from rd says it is "2.410" with "new textures", and the one from esportracing says 2.4) maybe they are the same, or not. I have no idea.

Thank you very much for the help, today I will try all this I will report. be sure.

install the mod, enter the game, take a screenshot of each car that appears in another list that is not the one that should go.

there are many ... and there are a lot of MANY different MODS ...:confused::confused::confused:
some bpr cars appear in the GROUP C list (imsa gtp list), they appear in the btcc 90-00 mod list ... (in addition to the default 03, and 04)

and sadly OTHER mods appear on lists they shouldn't.
(The CORE of the problem is in the default tab that selects cars BY COUNTRY, "German", Italians, GB, etc, etc, and BY GT, NGT, etc)
in that tab is EVERYTHING MIXED, bpr, btcc cars appear, (in addition to the original gt cars):confused::confused::confused:

the task is titanic. I'll just clear the default tab. (fia gt 2003, fia gt 2004)

This is the list of cars that "appear where they should not", in the original list of the game (FIA GT 2003 / FIA GT 2004):

BPR_GGTS \ Alpine A610 LM Teams \ 1995_Legeay Sports (MODIFY 1 ".CAR" file)

BPR_GGTS \ Ferrari F40 Teams \ 1995_Ferrari Club Italia (2 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Ferrari F40 Teams \ 1995_Pilot Aldix Racing (2 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Ferrari F40 Teams \ 1996_Ennea Igol Club Italia (2 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Ferrari F40 Teams \ 1996_Pilot Pen Racing (1 ".CAR" file)

BPR_GGTS \ Ferrari F355 Teams \ 1995_Yellow Racing (1 ".CAR" file)

BPR_GGTS \ Lotus Esprit GT1 Teams \ 1996_Lotus Racing Team (2 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Lotus Esprit S300 Teams \ 1995_Scuderia Magnani (1 ".CAR" file)

BPR_GGTS \ Mac Laren F1 GTR Teams \ 1995_Gulf Racing GTC (2 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Mac Laren F1 GTR Teams \ 1995_Mach One Racing (1 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Mac Laren F1 GTR Teams \ 1995_West Competition (1 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Mac Laren F1 GTR Teams \ 1996_BBA Competition (1 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Mac Laren F1 GTR Teams \ 1996_Gulf Racing GTC (2 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Mac Laren F1 GTR Teams \ 1996_West Competition (1 ".CAR" file)

BPR_GGTS \ Porsche 964 Cup Teams \ 1995_Bernt Racing (1 ".CAR" file)

BPR_GGTS \ Porsche 964 RSR Teams \ 1995_Seikel Motorsport (1 ".CAR" file)

BPR_GGTS \ Porsche 993 GT2 Teams \ 1995_Larbre Competition (1 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Porsche 993 GT2 Teams \ 1995_Stadler Motorsport (1 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Porsche 993 GT2 Teams \ 1996_Elf Haberthur Racing (1 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Porsche 993 GT2 Teams \ 1996_Konrad Motorsport (2 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Porsche 993 GT2 Teams \ 1996_Krauss Motorsport (1 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Porsche 993 GT2 Teams \ 1996_Larbre Competition (1 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Porsche 993 GT2 Teams \ 1996_Parr Motorsport (1 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Porsche 993 GT2 Teams \ 1996_Stadler Motorsport (1 ".CAR" file)

BPR_GGTS \ Venturi Teams \ 1995_Crisal Competition (1 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Venturi Teams \ 1995_JCB Racing (1 ".CAR" file)
BPR_GGTS \ Venturi Teams \ 1996_JCB Racing (1 ".CAR" file)

What should you do?
-Enter those mod folders, (or better yet: create a "FIX" folder together with the mod package, so you won't lose it)
-open those ".car" files
-LOOK FOR the word "Nogaro_2004" and DELETE IT. (where you find it, it must be left without "," (comma key), and end with "(closed quotation marks)
-save it. (if you made a folder with all these fixes, take them there ... then copy them to the game)

... this will make the FIA GT 2003 AND FIA GT 2004 list clean of BPR mod cars. bpr cars will appear only in their own list.

... that yes, it will NOT clear other lists, (like the lists of other mods, or other default lists - like the list of cars by country .........:mad::(:redface::cautious::cry::poop::sick::sneaky:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%