Resource icon

Apps BOX cam 0.7.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey Stereo! I just started playing AC again and I was wondering if you made any progress regarding the chase cam drift when using pitch?
What would be nice is if I could somehow map the "Activate" button to a button on my wheel, but I don't think that's possible...

Hello, im trying to get this to work, but its not showing correctly, the cam is not following the car at all. im on version 1.11.4

nvm, fixed

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me why the camera height goes way up or way down on it's own on some tracks? Do I need to change something in the ini file? I could only get it working normaly on two or three tracks, on others the camera just goes where ever it wants.

Last edited:
Stereo updated BOX cam with a new update entry:

LightFX python extension functionality

Good news if you use x4fab's Shaders Lights Patch (0.1.23preview75 or newer, afaik):
Due to the introduction of new python functions, BOXcam is now fully armed and operational. No longer the tedium of installing a weird track camera or dealing with loss of tracking over time. Simply push 'activate' and everything is handled.

- BOXcam defaults to 35 fov (you can use PhotoMode app to adjust this and other camera settings same as normal free cam)
- track cameras are at least trying to load...

Read the rest of this update entry...

When I useBox cam, my car slowly sinks into the ground until I can't see anything anymore. WTF?! how to make it work?
The easiest option is go to https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights go through discord to get the latest beta version and install that, then it should just work.

Harder option is copy the CAMERAS_X.ini file to the track you want it on, rename it to a sequential number, and activate that track camera before hitting activate on the app.

Best update to date!!! I stopped using this for a while cos of really annoying bugs reported by others as well but this latest one has all but removed them. Will be using this more now. Thanks!

How do you adjust the FOV of the chase cam after installing the beta dynamic shaders? 35 degrees seems way too small.

EDIT: Nvm, I figured it out. It was in the stereo_boxcam.py file.

Last edited:
hello
i'm not found 'stereo_boxcam' on the app pane (far right) when i played . I have moved stereo_boxcam to the phyton folder and moved camera_x.ini to the track folder (it has been renamed like camera_7.ini). how to fix it ??

I followed all the steps but its not showing in apps sidebar. i have it enabled in content manager and even went into ac normally to make sure it was enabled under general. camera ini in the track folder i want. not sure what im missing.

I disabled and even deleted Box Cam in Content Manager but when I drive it's still active in the cockpit view. I tried deleting it but still it won't turn off. There's nothing in the python folder. Any thoughts?

Can i change the FOV factor to make it dynamic?
Maybe with something like:

ac.getCarState(current_car, acsys.CS.SpeedKMH) / 3)

I think maybe you emailed me? That's probably possible, but I'm in a different city from my sim rig and both can't reply to emails (google doesn't trust this ip) or check the python myself.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back