Resource icon

Apps BOX cam 0.7.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Stereo submitted a new resource:

BOX cam - Implements very shoddily a new type of chase cam

See video for demo:

See READ ME.txt inside 7z for installation, usage, etc. guidelines.

Disclaimer:
It's on occasion crashed my game, apparently due to lack of error checking on AC's side of things. I try to prevent crashes by sanitizing input but I haven't necessarily got the valid set of inputs 100% right.

Read more about this resource...

Really love this app and the updates. Please keep improving it. I have put it on my watchlist. Comment though - instructions for install could be clearer. Since the first version, other stuff has been added like third party folder, additional py but nothing in the install explicitly tells us what to do with these. Perhaps I am more noob than others. Still a very very useful app

Hey Stereo,

Great to see you here :)

Still, I have issues making it work. I followed the instructions but when activating I see no sliders to set + the camera is just sitting in the middle (0,0,0) of my track.

Did I missed something ?

In General, it's activated + Ingame I see no ingame 'Box Can' app ...

Last edited:
Since the first version, other stuff has been added like third party folder, additional py but nothing in the install explicitly tells us what to do with these. Perhaps I am more noob than others. Still a very very useful app
Hmm, those just need to be extracted to the same folder as the first step. Happy to take advice on making the steps clearer if you got it to work though.

Ingame the app is named 'stereo_boxcam' so it's probably near the very bottom of the app sidebar.

Stereo updated BOX cam with a new update entry:

Added Chase Cam

Enabled the same as the other cameras - pick the custom track camera named BOX CAM, hit 'Activate', then select 'Chase Cam'.

While it has some wiggle room for smoothing reasons, this cam will mostly point the direction the car is traveling. At low speeds it stops moving because it can't tell where the car's going accurately, though the actual limit is about 1cm/second so it's seriously low speeds. Other than that it should be fairly smooth.

You can adjust its relative distance to the car...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Chase cam fixes/improvements

Installing:
Back up chase.ini if you had 0.5 already and want to keep those settings. Then extract the contents of the 7zip.

Changes:
In the config
- target_trail can now go below a value of 1 without causing issues
- smooth_power added, basically controls the amount of time smoothing of car direction (for old behaviour, set to 0)
- percent_vertical added, adjusts how much the car moves up and down on the screen on hills (for old behaviour, set to 1)
- cars can have their own configs -...

Address issue with pitch indirectly

Using pitch in the chase cam will cause the camera to drift slightly sometimes, I recommend using 0 pitch. But as a measure to make it less annoying, the "Activate" button, when used while boxcam is already active, will reset the variables to eliminate this drift. Camera will flicker a bit since it needs to start from 0 again and move back to the car.

Hi Stereo

I really love your app and have been using it successfully until of late. For some reason I cannot get it to work properly. It seems to just hover way up above the track. Please help? fyi I downloaded and installed the latest version to no avail :-(

Chase cam looking forward

- Added new parameter for chase cam, controlled by F- and F+ buttons on the app.
F- will make the camera follow the direction the car's pointing less closely
F+ will make the camera follow the direction the car's pointing more closely
Can be edited directly in chase.ini as 'facing_mix':
0.0 is the old behaviour, always have camera point the direction the car's traveling.
Default value is 0.9 which mostly follows the direction the car's pointing, but has a little leeway to reduce bumpiness on...

i'm verry impressed about your mod, but i downloaded and camera mod not working corectly (going up down) i have version 1.8 can you upload again with correction for AC 1.8 version.

It works the same in 1.8 as it ever has. The app comes with a readme explaining how to install it correctly as it's not straightforward.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 385 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 260 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 307 13.0%