Sounds Bov sounds in Fmod

I have been trying different things to add bov sounds in a realistic manner.
Low boost different sounds then high boost etc but i am having some trouble with it.

Currently i add the bov .wav to the boost tab then i add a parameter bov 0.95 to 1.0.
For it to sound correctly i add a start offset automation on the bov sound with a 100 offset at 0 boost and 0 offset at 1.0 boost, adjusting the curve to suit the engine i am trying to replicate (this way the bov does not start when going half throttle and only sounds when going completely off throttle).
The last thing is a volume automation on the bov tab with the full volume at 1.0 and 0 volume at 0.
The above works good but it has 1 drawback, it keeps restarting the sound when you hit the rev limiter which sounds weird......
How do you guys add a good sounding bov sound, without the full sound starting at lower boost (which is unrealistic) or other weird quirks.

screenfmod1.jpg

Try the bov parameter instead. It works good enough in cars that feature a bov threshold value in the physics (however most dont). You can then automate everything depending on boost levels, and even add different samples for low, mid, high pressures.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%