Boullier doubts Kubica has a future at Lotus

Deep down i had a gut feeling Boullier would come out with something like this.

Renault team principal Eric Boullier, says he doubts whether Robert Kubica has a future at the outfit, which from next season will be known as Lotus.
kubica-renault-testing-01.jpg

The Polish driver joined Renault in 2010, but prior to the 2011 season he seriously injured himself in a rally accident. His injuries ruled him out of competing in 2011, as well as the start of 2012, though his manager is confident of him returning to the sport before the end of next season.

Renault may have dealt his chances a blow after Boullier cast doubt over whether Kubica has a future at the team, and whether they would assist him in his return to F1.
"I don't know if there will be a future between Lotus Renault and Robert," Boullier told the BBC, also admitting that he believes their relationship has reached a 'point zero'.

"We have been waiting for Robert to understand his plans. We would like to sit down with him and his manager to see what can be done to get him back in F1.

"If we can help him get in back in F1 we will, but we have signed our drivers for next year and we want to stick with them."

When asked if the team would allow Kubica to utilise their facilities, such as their simulator, Boullier said only if Kubica commits his future to the team, amid speculation that he could replace Massa at Ferrari in 2013 if he's fit.

source

amid speculation that he could replace Massa at Ferrari in 2013 if he's fit.

Wow this would be a big gamble from Ferrari to put Kubica in at the deep end. If the crash didn't happen I would have no doubt Kubica would have matched or bettered Alonso, but the crash may have affected Kubica in the same way Hungaroring affected Massa.

If Robert still can't move his fingers properly he will never be in a F1 car again. The last news I've read he wasn't able to turn the buttons on the steering wheel properly.

Maybe its time for him to have a look in another series to make a comeback into racing?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 446 39.4%