Bottas to Alfa Romeo for 2022 confirmed

HA HA HA!!! Bet lewis is spitting fire!!!. no longer having a yes man to drive with ( unless Russell has been told to tow the line or else). I really hope Russell does a job on him, or maybe Lewis is the best ever f1 driver??? More of a chance to find out I guess.

It's been confirmed that Bottas is going to be driving for Alfa next year. https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/58457384

George's move to Mercedes hasn't been confirmed at the time of this post, but it's pretty much a certainty at this juncture.
I think it's been confirmed now.

This should make next year interesting. This is going to be Ham/Nico all over again. The only way I can see this going smoothly is if Hamilton does a Vettel on it and backs Russell helping him develop the way Vettel is with Mick.

I don't see that happening though. Hamilton won't give up on winning and Russell won't play second fiddle.

I'm really interested to see what Bottas can do off the leash, if he gets a half ways decent car next year he could do really well.

Looks like a Fin leaves and one enters. So fair trade at Alfa. I don't see why Bottas bothers with a small team. The secret to F1 is always trade up to a better car. If it is not possible then leave. Either short or long term. Maybe Alonso is making it work a little but he has a reasonable car.

With the recent confirmation that Alex Albon is going to Williams, I can see that rumor of Nyck de Vries joining Bottas at Alfa Romeo turning out to be true. Looks like they're doing one driver at a time this week so probably tomorrow? It would be a very interesting pairing and a fresh start for the team in 2022. I like Gio, don't get me wrong, but perhaps a fresh start is what Vasseur is after. Interesting week so far in this year's musical chairs game.

Last edited:
Valtteri is a good driver...though not great in hard on-track battles.
He will do well in that Alfa against teams like Williams, Haas and even Aston if he gets ahead at the start of races.
Seems like a nice chap, so glad he got the drive.

Disappointing for botass to get dropped by merc, but big up for joining alfa. Could be good.

I don't ride on the rusell hype train because:
  • Out-pointed by Kubicka in 2019
  • Maybe better than team mate in qualifying, but that rain P2 was as lucky as strolls P1 last year
  • Crashes a lot, takes out other drivers then blames them for own fault
  • Race performance not worth all the hype, and should improve attitude to other drivers - save your handbags for later when I don't have to watch that BS. Other drivers are more deserving of the merc seat. Cheers.

Just watched the Jimmy video on LFS, many comments about Bottas playing it.... he sure did turn quite a few laps
2.jpg
3.jpg

Bottas has been kept by Mercedes year per year. Giving such contracts speaks volumes.
As much as Toto is fond of him, he was never taken seriously and was de-facto clear no.2 even when they wanted to lie so much the world saying "he would be having equal treatements to win the race" hell yeah!

So since 2019 i knew that 2021 will be his last year.
Regulations change.
Russel coming of age. Wont settle for much more in that Williams.
Time is running them.

So ... here we are.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%