Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
bosslogo.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM BOSS
Class: Ford Mustang Boss Mod (Download)
Track: Lime Rock Mountain (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 20.00
Qualification start time: GMT 20.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.40 (11 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.10 (11 laps)

Note1: Skins that come with the Boss Mod Only

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry & Livery Assignment:
  1. Ross Garland - #1
  2. Jack Smith - #2
  3. Knut Omdal Tveito - #8
  4. Stuart Thomson - #9
  5. Rickard Norgren - #14
  6. Ian Strom - #15
  7. Ross McGregor - #16
  8. Neil Gault - #18
  9. Driver - #27
  10. Jacob Boonstra - #28
  11. Eck Simpson - #33
  12. David Cuthill - #37
  13. Markus Hakamo - #40
  14. Lukas Grebliauskas - #45
  15. Roland Warmenhoven - #70
  16. Peter Van Zanten - #83
  17. Driver - #99
  18. Driver - #100
  19. Driver - #102
  20. Driver - #302
  21. Driver - #1
  22. Driver - #2
  23. Driver - #8
  24. Driver - #9
  25. Driver - #14
  26. Driver - #15
  27. Driver - #16
  28. Driver - #18
  29. Driver - #27
  30. Driver - #28
Liveries will be assignedin numerical order as you sign up. 1st sign up gets #1, 2nd gets #2, 3rd gets #8 etc.
The assignment restarts after 20 drivers, so the 21st sign up will get #1, 22nd #2, 23rd #8 etc.

Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Hmmm this was not a very successful campaign..:(
In P1 I still was fairly quick and managed 5th in Q1. But in race 1, I could not keep up with Knut, Eck and David, so was driving around in 4th alone with a small gap to Neil and Stuart. Until in Lap 8, when under braking I suddenly landed on my roof???:eek: :eek: , letting Neil, Stuart and Jack pass me..
Could continue the race though on badly worn tyres and without anyone else in sight, and then later Jack dropped out, so had a lonely drive to the finish in 6th..

Q2 was not great, managed 7th I think, and I seriously f*'ed up my start the old-fashioned way:mad: : I went off sideways upon shifting to 2nd into the pole holding the Start lights bar. Took me over 15 sec to get that out of my engine bay and get back on track, and then I started an 11 lap stint with a crippled car that would not let me do anything but 1:51:high's and 1:52's..:confused:
So I finished 2nd last only because Jack had even more bad luck than me I think?

Ah well, maybe better next time.

Anyways, Grats to Knut for the double win (would you consider driving a Cougar next time?? :p ), Eck and David for podium, thanks to Stuart and to all drivers present.:)

Another enjoyable evening of racing. I like this track, definitely a keeper.

In Race 1 I got a good enough start to hold position through the first few bends. Under braking for the slow left I got bumped from behind by Markus and we both went for an excursion into the gravel. There was no noticeable damage though so I was able to rejoin just behind Jacob. Had a little battle for a few laps until I was able to squeeze past, but then made a mistake soon after letting both Jacob and Jack pass me. Another battle ensued with Jack until he went off at the slow left, after which I spent the rest of the race trying and failing to catch Jacob. 8th place in the end.

In Race 2 I got a great start and snatched a couple of places before T1. Shortly after Markus ran wide allowing both Neil and myself to pass. I spent the rest of the race trying to keep Markus behind while also trying to stay with Neil. The gaps remained fairly consistent for much of the race, though Markus got closer and closer in the final few laps. I thought he might be able to squeeze past on the last lap, but he spun approaching the slow left and almost flipped over. A 5th place for me.

Congrats to Knut for his wins and to all the podium finishers. :)

This track was great, amongst current Boss event tracks so far I like this one most! Thanks Stuart for the event and congrats Knut for both wins and Eck and David for podium finishes!

After joining I was amazed that my pace was only around 3 seconds off from top drivers. I managed to exploit that in qualies as well and got a solid lap to 4th in both of them.

Race performance was not on par with qualies, especially R1 was a bit disappointment, as I almost stalled in the start (again..) and dropped to 8th. Then I was pushing too close to Ross (Garland) in hair pin braking zone and due to small contact both went on gravel. I Stalled and dropped to last. Then I started driving like mad, and managed do quite well on clear track without big mistakes, but could not quite catch the others except Peter when he went off in hair pin. So 9th for me.

R2 start was much better, and I was able to pass David before T1. In T1 entry I went to challenge Eck as well, but then saw it better to back-off :) David took 3th back before the hair pin, and I was to battle with Neil, Ross G. and Stuart who were right behind. I still have to workout my driving with cold tyres as I did a mistake on lap 1, went a bit wide, and they utilized that immediately. Stuart then spun on lap 2, fortunately I saw the situation well and was able to clear it safely.

Then I started to chase Ross, and the rest of the race was quite close, most of the time between laps 3 ... 11 the gap was 0.5 -1 seconds. I attempted to push him hard to get opportunity to pass, but he was very consistent and I wasn't able to find the extra half second that I knew was there. There was few times he made a small mistake but I wasn't able to utilize those either.

Towards the end the tyres were a bit worn and I wasn't able to press so much anymore but in the last lap I was again quite close and went with a risk in hairpin, but lost the rear and went off the track towards the inside corner. I am not sure how it all happened but I then hit the fence, spun back on the track sliding sideways and it felt like I was to flip over sideways. A short moment I was tilted sideways 90 degrees, then I landed on tyres on corner, nose pointing to outside runoff area. I had engine still running so I quickly dragged away and not a second too early as Jacob who had been ~10 seconds behind was already coming. The car felt ok and I was able to keep him behind to the finish line.

Finished 6th, not bad for me but still, if there wasn't that first lap wide exit.. :p. One really enjoyable race it was!

I just have to say, I kept pace with Knut... in both races... mistakes aside... lol.

The best moment in both races, was to outbrake myself running way wide into the gravel. You might think this a strange moment to find joy in but it was the perfect timing, of Peters' comment on TS, that made the moment. All it took, was two words, well placed. In effect, he called someone a "lucky, child of questionable parentage". I was cracked up and took, what seemed like an age, to collect my thoughts. Sorry to Jacob, to whom I gave the credit at first.

Grats to Knut, on both well deserved wins and DC on the podium finishes. Thanks to Stu, RD and everyone there. Especially the TS crew.

Was really looking forward to this track and it was even better than I'd hoped it would be.

Started first in Race 1 but I felt Eck would be faster come race pace. I got a bit of a gap during the first lap, but on one of the following laps I outbraked myself in the hairpin and Eck was suddenly right at my tail. Some close laps followed until Eck did a pass at that same hairpin (although it turned out that Eck out-braked himself a bit, it looked like a really nice pass to me). The next laps was a hoot especially towards the end when I could get really close to Ecks bumper. Great racing! On last lap iirc, Eck had an unfortunate off, which put me in 1st for the finish.

Second race was much of the same, but lost Eck a little earlier so the race was more quiet overall.

Grats to Eck and David for the podiums. Thanks Stu, RD and all that showed up.

I'm getting a bit cheesed off with what is now becoming Ross's 'traditional technical gremlin tuesday', or 'TTGT' for short. After my PC randomly switched itself off just before i went for dinner, i jumped back on the server before qualie, ate aforementioned dinner, and came back to a lovely disco. Tried to jump back in but it was too late.

I was going to jump in for race 2 but was distracted by watching some bloke called Messi kick a lump of leather around a football pitch...

Congrats to Knut, Eck & David

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 243 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years