Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
bosslogo.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM BOSS
Class: Ford Mustang Boss Mod (Download)
Track: Jacarepagua 88 (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 20.00
Qualification start time: GMT 20.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.40 (11 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.10 (11 laps)

Note1: Skins that come with the Boss Mod Only

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry & Livery Assignment:
  1. Ondrej Kapal - #1
  2. Eck Simpson - #2
  3. Jack Smith - #8
  4. Stuart Thomson - #9
  5. Ross McGregor - #14
  6. Ian Strom - #15
  7. Stuart Pocock - #16
  8. Ross Garland - #18
  9. Rickard Norgren - #27
  10. Senad Subasic - #28
  11. Hans Sneep - #33
  12. Neil Gault - #37
  13. Roland Warmenhoven - #40
  14. David Cuthill - #45
  15. Knut Omdal Tveito - #70
  16. Markus Hakamo - #83
  17. Driver - #99
  18. Driver - #100
  19. Driver - #102
  20. Driver - #302
  21. Driver - #1
  22. Driver - #2
  23. Driver - #8
  24. Driver - #9
  25. Driver - #14
  26. Driver - #15
  27. Driver - #16
  28. Driver - #18
  29. Driver - #27
  30. Driver - #28
Liveries will be assignedin numerical order as you sign up. 1st sign up gets #1, 2nd gets #2, 3rd gets #8 etc.
The assignment restarts after 20 drivers, so the 21st sign up will get #1, 22nd #2, 23rd #8 etc.

Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Whew, power was out for about three hours, pushing it close. Hopefully it lasts. :)

*Edit
Sorry guys, my internet kicked out a minute and a half before the end of quali and just now started working again. :/
Better before the race than during the race though. :(

I still enjoy these cars even though I'm no good at driving them!

In Race 1 I just couldn't get into the swing of things. Didn't feel comfortable at all and after a few laps I lost it on the final turn and stalled. Stuart Mk1 and Jack bumped into me before I escaped out, so sorry about that guys.

In Race 2 I felt much better, even though I hadn't actually changed anything. I found myself in 3rd at one point due to other people going off, but it couldn't last. I spent the next few laps on the defensive trying to keep faster drivers behind me, but one by one they got past putting me in 7th. That's where I stayed until the end of the race.

Well done to Knut, Ross Mk 1, and the rest of the podiums. :)

This mod is just getting better and better! Didn't really like the track at first as every corner felt the same. But when I eventually found out how to get the car flowing it felt really nice. Really liked the braking zones and got some good practice for my braking technique.

I got a head start in race 1 and remained 1st. Couldn't really pull away and the gap was fairly constant.Had a lot of nice laps trying to get the best out of the car.

The second race was really tough but a lot of fun. I had a good start and managed to pass Ross before T1. But I could see early on that Ross was faster than me. I managed to stay in front for a few laps but I ended up overdriving the car a bit and started to struggle with the balance. I managed to keep it up for a while, but eventually Ross made a really nice pass into T1. From there on Ross showed how it's done and was too fast for me to keep up. I was really struggling at this point, but managed to bring it home in 2nd. Beautiful driving Ross!

Thanks Stu for yet another cracker and thanks to all that showed up

Again a slightly troubled Boss meeting for me, in race 1 after qualifying 2nd, i discovered i had no sound as we started the race! While furiously trying to wiggle the headphone cable to no avail, and trying to stay ahead of the pack, i had to contend with only being able to hear the force feedback of my wheel and squeaky accelerator pedal! After a couple of laps i kind of got into a routine, but was still regularly missing my shifts, and inevitably i binned at the final turn on lap 9 or something, letting Eck through to 2nd. I was just glad to get that one over and done with, it certainly taxed my brain a bit!

Race 2 went a lot better. Beaten off the line by Knut, we engaged in a very close battle for a few laps before i managed to grab the overlap and pull away slightly. Sometimes we were only centimetres apart, but the race remained contact-free- top stuff Knut!

Well done Knut, Eck & Neil for the podiums, cheers Thommo for setting this up!

Man I'm finding this car a tough assignment to solve but I really need to put in a lot more practice to get anywhere near to the big guns. The proper execution ( gearing, braking ) of a few corners still eluded me by race time but the fun factor dial was set at 10.

Race 1 replay showed that I had a good start, a little meeting with the Bossman ( thanks for waiting... I wouldn't want to report you to yourself... only kidding Boss ;) ) on a corner and a fair stretch chasing Hans and holding off Stu ( I know my braking was irratic) until my car decided that it didn't like the way I tried to curb a corner and to my surprise I spun off. Shortly after Stu and I came across a spinning Ross, quite rare this time of year. At first I thought I could sneak by on the inside but no such luck and I hit him quite hard. Sorry. Ross then escaped ..... car damage??? or just said to hell with it. Anyway too bad. I tried to catch Hans after that and it was all good until I had three unforced offs and that was the end of that. Make that five offs.
Race 2. I had a chance to hold off Eck for a bit but I have the feeling that he could have slipped by much sooner but waited until I went wide and safely zipped by. I was alone for the rest of the race. Hans where were you??

WD podiums, cheers all drivers, good clean racing,and thanks Bossman for the hard work to set things up.

Well done Knut and Ross mk1! Tricky but fun event in the end!

I also had tough times trying to get used to the track. Would need more practice obviously, I hit the track first time not more than two hours before the event and after bunch of laps and quite a few offs I realised I should have started practice a bit earlier :p It was particularly difficult to get reference points for some braking zones.

By qualification I still did not feel very comfortable, but started a little bit to stay on the road. Still had one or two offs during first qualification but wasnt last still :)

Since last time I was practicing starts a bit and seemed to work because I gained at least two positions in the start. However I had bunch of small offs due to pushing too hard and losing braking points and found myself from back battling with Senad. That was great fun actually, we kept changing positions as the one in front constatly kept doing small mistakes :)

After a good bunch of laps I got the lead at the end of lap 9. He was faster on first sector and I was in a bit struggle to keep him behind, but I knew I should be faster on last sector if I can make it there. Then It suddenly seemed he got an extra gear for last sector as well and went for pass. Only after that I realized it wasn't Senad, he was gone somewhere few corners before. I was instead blocking Knut who was lapping me, during the intense battle - what I did believe was Senad - I did not realise the blue... Sorry for that, fortunately no damage was done...

Race 2 start was not so good, almost stalled, and then had an incident with Hans at T1 as I lost the rear a bit in down shifting and it apparently came onto his way. After T1 checking the rear view I saw him on gravel and eased a bit staying wide at T2 to give him allowed pass.

Then there was two-three laps similar episode with Hans as I had with Senad in Race1. That came to the end after I went a bit off the track on back straight when checking rear view and then lost it completely. The rest was pretty lonely except being lapped by top-4 drivers at the end. But I started to learn the track anyway as I managed improve my lap times by 3-4 s from Race 1, despite I still was nowhere near the top drivers. Till thursday...

That was great fun actually, we kept changing positions as the one in front constatly kept doing small mistakes :)
LOL, yeah, reminded me of a netKar race in the rain I had a few weeks ago. 17 yellow flags for me and one other guy :D

Anyway, was a pretty bad outing for me. Someone was turned round on lap 1 or 2, and I hit them head on. Steering wheel tilted to one side.
Had trouble with the track, couldn't figure out my braking points. When I started being lapped, I pulled to the pits, just in case.

Hopefully better on Thursday.

Tricky little track, not a lover of tracks that have so high curbs everywhere as it usually means I have to use both hands but this car seemed to behave very well even when running wide over the curbs, not so forgiving when you just brake to late though as I found out in race one when tailing Roland and Rickard and I missed my brake marker and ran out of road which ended any challenge for that event.
I loved the tricky braking points going into a few corner and the way you could power the back end round on other was great. :D

Race 2 I changed my gear rations down a peg hoping it would make a difference and it did by about .5 of a second per lap, I had hoped for a better start but I had to lift as Eck in front seemed to get bogged down and this is one tight grid with these big beasts.
Tailed Ross G for a wee while until I got past at T1 after that is was just a case of trying to catch Ross M & Knut in front and I did not have a hope in hell of doing that as they were just in a different class.
Gave Eck a wee sniff of the podium in the last couple of laps but I had enough of a cushion just to drive safely to the finish but the appearance of a back marker got me worried for a second or two. ;)

Thnx all for some good clean racing. :cool:

And another great one this was! Took me a while to get my car setup to work well on this track -- thx Knut for some good advice on monday!;) -- but with quite some practice it worked out really well..
Managed P5 in Q1, but with a very big gap to the front row boys :eek:. Still, I was pleasantly surprised to be this close to the notoriously quick guys..

A decent start brought me up to 3rd for a split second, but spent most time running 4th while being hounded by Eck. He took his time to find a clean way past, so back to 5th but I found non-stop clean racing action being surrounded by David, Neil and Rickard. Never a dull moment in this race! :)
On the final lap I inherited 4th because Rickard ran out of fuel and came to a halt about 2m. past the fnish line.:confused:

Q2 I got myself into 6th, but made it up to 4th going off the line, and even into 3rd later on, having some great door-to-door fun with Stu; who said you can't go through a corner two-wide in these cars :D!
Spent most of the race in 5th after a hairy moment trying to scare Eck (and succeeding :p), until a final-lap inattentive moment saw me spin off at the end of the loooooong straight, so finished 6th.
But again, I was constantly chasing and fighting other cars, it was a great fun race again.

Congratulations to Knut and Ross McG for the wins, and Eck and Neil for podium finish!
Thanks Stu for another great event! and 'thank you' to all my fellow racers for a great clean couple of races.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.2%