Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
bosslogo.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM BOSS
Class: Ford Mustang Boss Mod (Download)
Track: Edmonton Airport (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 20.00
Qualification start time: GMT 20.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (15 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.10 (15 laps)

Note1: Skins that come with the Boss Mod Only

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry & Livery Assignment:
  1. Jack Smith - #1
  2. Roland Warmenhoven - #2
  3. Ian Strom - #8
  4. Stuart Thomson - #9
  5. Ross McGregor - #14
  6. Tim Ling - #15
  7. Knut Omdal Tveito - #16
  8. Rickard Norgren - #18
  9. Senad Subasic - #27
  10. Hans Sneep - #28
  11. Neil Gault - #33
  12. David Cuthill - #37
  13. Jacob Boonstra - #40
  14. Ross Garland - #45
  15. Eck Simpson - #70
  16. Ondrej Kapal - #83
  17. Carlos Diaz - #99
  18. Driver - #100
  19. Driver - #102
  20. Driver - #302
  21. Driver - #1
  22. Driver - #2
  23. Driver - #8
  24. Driver - #9
  25. Driver - #14
  26. Driver - #15
  27. Driver - #16
  28. Driver - #18
  29. Driver - #27
  30. Driver - #28
Liveries will be assignedin numerical order as you sign up. 1st sign up gets #1, 2nd gets #2, 3rd gets #8 etc.
The assignment restarts after 20 drivers, so the 21st sign up will get #1, 22nd #2, 23rd #8 etc.

Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Race 1: Faced with a black screen, and then somehow appearing on the grid with 3s to go in the countdown, i then discover that GTL is running like a slideshow and without sound! Cue frenzied attempts at hitting Esc and nothing happening... Hopefully there wasn't too much chaos, apologies if there was, pretty much nothing else i could do.

Thanks a lot for the race, a lot of fun! Well, actually, I gained everything at the start and then it was only watching the show behind me, getting closer and closer until I was overtaken a lot of times! I was drifting trough the whole race, couldnt find a steady line anywhere, but I would be lying if I say I didnt enjoy it! In the end it seemed like it was only me who was unable to find peace with the car - and its tyres, which went gone after 9 laps. Or maybe it was me only who wore them off? It had to be struggle to overtake me, with my tail flying everywhere on the road :D But it was done without any accident. Great work guys!

Looking forward to next Tuesday. Again, only race 1, I dont have time on Tues. :)

See you soon

Thanks a lot for the race, a lot of fun! Well, actually, I gained everything at the start and then it was only watching the show behind me, getting closer and closer until I was overtaken a lot of times! I was drifting trough the whole race, couldnt find a steady line anywhere, but I would be lying if I say I didnt enjoy it! In the end it seemed like it was only me who was struggling to find peace with the car - and its tyres, which went gone after 9 laps. Or maybe it was me only who wore them off? It had to be struggle to overtake me, with my tail flying everywhere on the road :D But it was done without any accident. Great work guys!

Looking forward to next Tuesday. Again, only race 1, I dont have time on Tues. :)

See you soon
I hadn't noticed the wear in the tires, except in the final 2-3 laps, and only in that tiny final chicane.
I'd suggest that you use less of the loud pedal, but then you'd probably end at the back like me :D

R1 Qualy: Messed up the first corner and side-swiped someone coming out of the pits - last place.
R1: Lots of messy stuff going on ahead of me in the first lap which I managed to negotiate around fairly safely and I was already into the top ten. Running a few laps with Rickard close behind when I got a tap at the end of the long straight, spinning me around into the corner, getting hit and causing general chaos (thanks for waiting guys). Got going again and again found myself up in 8th with Carlos in close attention. Then had a grand old time keeping Carlos at bay for the remainder of the race. Great fun.

R2: Qualy'd in 3rd and got a smooth start off the line and slid into 1st place with Carlos chasing me down again. Held it for a lap or two until I was coming down the home straight, had a bit of a wobble going but held it ok when... WHAM ... I clipped the concrete block holding the finishing gantry, got thrown to the right straight into Carlos and completely wiped out both our cars. REALLY SORRY Carlos, it was shaping up to be another mega battle. I must also admit that it took me a few minutes to pick myself off the floor I was laughing so hard - I just didn't see the concrete block coming and hit at full speed which was quite a rush from my perspective! Sorry again mate.

First let me apologize to Eck and Rickard for sliding onto their path on my roof. I didn't hit escape fast enough in hopes that a patch of dirt or a rock or something in the field would flip me over and I didn't notice I was sliding right into traffic...big rookie mistake, I should have hit escape as soon as I was upside down. Sorry again gents.

Race 1 was great even though I messed up my qualy lap. Had a very nice time trying to catch and pass David, who did a superb job of keeping me right behind him the whole time. At one point there were 4 of us battling for position through some scary places, fun stuff.

Race 2: I was very surprised to qualy 2nd right behind Eck. Funny thing though...when I realized I was 2nd on the grid, my mind immediately said to me..."ah man Carlos, you know usually when you qualy well things don't turn out well."
I think I jinxed myself lol! I think it was lap 2? Poor David slams into the wall on the left, ricochets into me and I'm upside down. Wrong place at the wrong time lol.

Oh well, there will be other races.

I hope to be able to join most of these, see you on the track boys.

Bit of a bumpy one, that.

Race 1, I managed to avoid Ross McG's car on the grid, but half way through T1 Jacob's car just stopped dead presumably due to lag or something. Clipped him and damaged my steering. I also bumped someone into a spin going into a corner on the same lap, but I have no idea who it was. I think the car was plain blue, but looking at the replay the car (and a couple of others) are totally invisible and not selectable! By the time I'd waited for him to re-pass I was in last. A combination of mistakes by others and some half-decent driving on my part had me in 11th at the flag.

Race 2, and I got myself involved in more bumper cars. I came up alongside Neil but he obviously didn't know I was there. As he turned in we came together, putting us both in the wall. I had steering damage again, but he came off much worse. Sorry mate. I'm not really sure what went on after that... I was way down again, but then seemingly the next minute I was 7th. Had some nice little battles towards the end though. I'll have to check the replay.

Not sure if there will be any videos this time. Race 1 is out because of the invisible cars. Race 2 might be an option if it's all there.

Glad to finally get a clean race under my belt after the past couple of weeks' performances, although it was more of a case of avoiding the carnage than anything else. Found myself behind Roland for a couple of laps after giving a couple of multi-car incidents a wide berth, and then he made a mistake so i was behind Thommo. After a couple of laps of harrassing him to no great effect, he ran wide and i snuck through, chased to the flag by Roland for a while until Hutcho took up the chase. The gap was 2s or so at the finish so it was a pretty close race all-round.

Congrats podiums, cheers Thommo!

Had two good races last night, but in many ways I found this track more difficult than the previous one. It felt like I took a different line every lap, especially the last half of the lap. But the BOSS was really fun around here and really nice to drift. I also had some nice laps trying to keep up with Hutcho in race 2 but I never really got close enough to challenge him. Later on Eck had a mistake and after passing him I spent the rest of the race with him chasing. Was some very difficult last laps as I kinda lost a feeling of what the tires were doing and was pushing the rear tires a little too much.

Unfortunately I will miss the next one as I'm away on business. But see you all on Lime Rock.

Thanks Stu for another great event and to all that showed up.

I came up alongside Neil but he obviously didn't know I was there. As he turned in we came together, putting us both in the wall.

I knew you were behind me somewhere and NOT alongside, but when you come to a corner you have no option but to try and take it, it is not as if can go anywhere else, you know the guy behind is also aware you will be turning in and that he also has a better view of track position and speed difference, so yes i knew you were there somewhere but i just had to hope you were also going to try and take the corner normally.

Race one had a weird start as Ross sat frozen in front of me so I had a quick swerve around him which allowed Roland to close a bit, made one mistake just after that when I tried to take the racing line I squeezed Roland into the wall a little, sorry but I had no idea you were so close. After that it was try and keep it close to Knut and keep the following cars behind. Could stay with Knut no problem but it was not until Eck started to hound me that gave me the wake up call to push a bit more so as I closed on Knut I got a lucky break when we closed on a back marker which span in front of us, Knut went left straight into the still moving back marker, Eck and I went right which gave me a clear track until the finish.

Race 2 was short and bitter. Got a good start but had to get out of it as Rickard got too much power down and offered to spin, had a messy turn one as Bob clipped my rear and nearly spun me, then I left too much room for Rossco which let him through so I thought ok settle down see what happens as all these guys fight for position and see if we can pick a few off but it was not to be. I knew Ross G was somewhere close behind me but as I turned in to take the corner he hit my back wheel then continued on my back bumper snow ploughing me into the tyre wall which killed my engine. Just one of those things but a sad end to a fun nights racing.

Bad showing by me in this one. Could not decide on a setup. Kept changing things. Could not develop a reasonable pace but I thought if I could stay on track then the results must not be so bad, but I was not very accurate with the execution of my plan.

Race 1. Not much to report. Someone accidently bumped me off and waited. Not sure who but thank you for that, the waiting that is. :D Later I spun in front of lappers ( Knut and company I believe) and I decided to escape out of their way but I was probably a little slow in my deceision. No one likes the idea of quitting. Sorry if I caused problems there.

Race 2. Had a fair start but after about the third corner the car got damaged and was undrivable so a quick exit on that one. No problem to the offending driver because I know that it was just an accident. The hit did not seem that severe but it had significant impact on the car. Oh well, no chance to redeem myself from Race 1...... that's racing.

Hope all had a good experience, grats podiums, thanks Stu for the events.

No offense Neil, but I'm afraid I'm not going to allow you to pin the incident entirely on me. I was not 'somewhere behind you', I was on the inside with more than a 50% overlap. I'm not allowed to post screens or videos, but they would clearly show that you turned in on me. As far as I am concerned it was just a racing incident, but I will not take blame where it is not due.

It is true that I pushed you into the wall following the incident because my foot slipped from the brake and I got my sock caught under the pedal. For that I apologise, but please do not try and blame everything preceding that on me. Thank you.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%