Boring loading

is there anyway to change it when loading a race where you get that boring grey screen with tiny AC logo in the middle, a picture of some cars racing would look much nicer!!!

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 356
They could do a bunch of cool things with the load screen. Like add the preview of the current car/skin, or a nice mix of the track image and opponent images. That data is all readily available.

I had to laugh a bit about the pirate claims, too. It's not like the latest version hasn't been released.

Last edited:
OP asks a genuine question. AC defence force implies he is a pirate. Great job! That really helps making people feel welcome here.

Maxresdefault jpg images are used on YT and most likely return first on Google image searches.

If you have any factual evidence we are dealing with a pirate here you can report the post andif not a small public apology would be in place here.

An answer to the actual question would be nice as well
I understand how you jump on defense of RD at any opportunity, but OP hasn't answered yet about anything on the thread he made.

The first intuition you have when looking at an attached image from in-game is that he took a screenshot to describe better his suggestion. Is a bit more far fetched that he took an image from the internet and didn't notice the version number from that old image he found on the internet.

My suspicious that he pirated the game isn't legitimate enough based on the image he presented? He hasn't answered back saying he took the image from the internet and not from his installed game.
There are several people who go to Steam discussions asking for help about games they didn't buy but downloaded to test or play. The fact that OP only has 9 messages since 2013 in this website also adds to that.

But yea Bram, go ahead and put all the blame on me for having a legitimate suspicion. If your interest is protecting all the RD users, to feel good here, why are you biased against me instead of taking a neutral position? At least let the OP answer back on this thread after so many people came with replies.
You always feel threatened somehow when people in RD-AC suggest to users who post technical issues or create a suggestion for the game to go to AC's support forum. Maybe you want to make a rule in Terms of Service that we can't talk about other forums here, even when they belong to a game highlighted in this website.

It still takes a while in online servers with enough cars, and it's a very minor investment for Kunos to make. I see no reason for it not to be an option since this can be coded in 5 minutes tops.
Fair enough. I wouldn't mind a nice illustration of the track map, sectors, DRS zones and so on, I just don't see the loading screen much offline because it either loads quick or I'm tabbed out (and I'd much rather have a track map on the setup/timing screen). Though depending on what ends up on the loading screen you'd have to invest artist time into it, doubt it's five minutes to implement, test.

Or he could be a normal player asking a normal question. To you as well, submit some substantial evidence before suggesting or accusing somebody in public.
Also, the fact that in his message only mentions "boring grey screen with tiny AC logo in the middle" is a great tell he hasn't played the latest version of the game but downloaded an older one to test or play the game.

If he owned the game he would have mentioned in the thread topic more details of the loading screen besides an AC logo in the middle. That's why I took a screenshot from the current loading screen version to show him that there's more things besides a logo in the middle.

I understand how you jump on defense of RD
I defend a single user asking a normal question and who gets accused like a pirate in a public forum with thousands of people reading.

If he is a pirate you report a post and submit the proof before making public accusations. If he is indeed a pirate you know we will take action as we always do with pirates who get caught and reported. But you don't go around accusing people on forums without substantial evidence.

One is innocent until proven guilty.

I defend a single user asking a normal question and who gets accused like a pirate in a public forum with thousands of people reading.

If he is a pirate you report a post and submit the proof before making public accusations. If he is a pirate you know we will take action as we always do with pirates who get caught. But you don't go around accusing people on forums without substantial evidence.
I didn't make any accusation, read again my post on the first page.

If he owned the game he would have mentioned in the thread topic more details of the loading screen besides an AC logo in the middle. That's why I took a screenshot from the current loading screen version to show him that there's more things besides a logo in the middle.

I didn't make any accusation, read again my post on the first page.
You as in general members of course.

The chain of messages on the first page are very clear. Without naming anybody in particular I don't think this is the way how we should answer questions on this forum.

We have a banner at the top encouraging people to ask questions they may have and then when they do they don't need to be answered like this.

Again. without evidence you (all members) can't hint or label people a pirate. Innocent until proven guilty, it's really that simple.

You as in general members of course.

The chain of messages on the first page are very clear. Without naming anybody in particular I don't think this is the way how we should answer questions on this forum.

We have a banner at the top encouraging people to ask questions they may have and then when they do they don't need to be answered like this.

Again. without evidence you (all members) can't hint or label people a pirate. Innocent until proven guilty, it's really that simple.
My approach would have been different if he hadn't posted a screenshot from an old version of the game. So I took a screenshot from the current version to also discuss that it isn't as empty as just a tiny game logo in the middle. The loading screen would have remained basically empty if the background was a picture of a car instead of grey color. So my post remains relevant to the discussion because the loading screen has more details now compared to the 1.0.2 image he showed.
I only wish Bram that sometimes you post from a more neutral standpoint instead of taking sides so aggressively because you run the 50/50 chance of being either roundly wrong or right.

I only wish Bram that sometimes you post from a more neutral standpoint instead of taking sides so aggressively because you run the 50/50 chance of being either roundly wrong or right.
There is no 50/50 chance here as I don't claim that he is or isn't a pirate. I see a genuine question being asked with people jumping on it without answering the question but making firm accusations without submitting substantial evidence to back up the claims.

Until proven otherwise this and any user can ask any normal questions they may have about the game without being attacked by Hornbuckle or other users.

So in the end is it possible? The logo alone must be an image somewhere. I'm sure it would be a nice addition to content manager if it could play with files so we can have a different image. Either random or car-track related.

That's why I agreed to the OP as well. I think it's a good question and it would be nice to customize the loading screens.

Make the DLC a bit cheaper and more accessible and play some sponsored videos there. I don't mind watching a commercial when I am waiting for a game to load.

Make the DLC a bit cheaper and more accessible and play some sponsored videos there. I don't mind watching a commercial when I am waiting for a game to load.

Much like R3E does, which I've always thought was a nice touch. It tells you how to find the forums, what new cars are available, upcoming sales, etc. and has pictures of the cars and tracks in the background.

There is no 50/50 chance here as I don't claim that he is or isn't a pirate. I see a genuine question being asked with people jumping on it without answering the question but making firm accusations without submitting substantial evidence to back up the claims.

Until proven otherwise this and any user can ask any normal questions they may have about the game without being attacked by Hornbuckle or other users.
You've gotta show me the posts where people made firm accusations that he was a pirate. Is a bit on a tandem if you're going to show me Michael's posts, but you don't have any finger to point at my post for the reasons I'll write below.

The fact that I took a screenshot to show him that the current version has more things in the loading screen compared to version 1.0 is enough contribution to the discussion he started. Just adding a car wallpaper in the loading screen doesn't make it not empty. That is just replacing the grey color image with car image. But the fact that nowadays it has more information in the loading screen, like car logo and car info, is much better than simply replacing the grey image with a car image as the loading screen would have remained empty.

You're clearly biased for this user and he hasn't even bothered to come back to his thread and talk to people regarding this discussion of the loading screen.
Bram, majority of the posts in this thread from you are off topic. Only very lately into the thread you made a contribution. While my first post in this thread was a direct contribution to the discussion, because I presented a screenshot showing the loading screen isn't as empty as it was on version 1.0. Maybe OP didn't know how the current version loading screen is, he wouldn't have mentioned that it only contains a tiny AC logo in the center.

"Make the dlcs a bit cheaper and play adverts in the loading screen".. smh. If I disable adblock on Racedepartment will you give me Premium? (don't jump on me, I actually use RD with adblock disabled, just like I do for other websites I read and for youtube channels).

What, are you implying that he has to actually buy the thing? :D

Or he could be a pirate, not like anybody here at RD would care.

My suspicious that he pirated the game isn't legitimate enough based on the image he presented?

The fact that OP only has 9 messages since 2013 in this website also adds to that.

If he owned the game he would have mentioned in the thread topic more details of the loading screen

If he owned the game he would have mentioned in the thread topic more details

You've gotta show me the posts where people made firm accusations that he was a pirate.
Yeah I am just making stuff up. No suspicions or accusations posted at all in this thread :thumbsup:

If you have any evidence you can report it to the staff and it will be looked at and dealt with. If not I'll kindly ask you and others one final time to refrain from further posting accusations that aren't backed up with proof.

Yeah I am just making stuff up. No suspicions or accusations posted at all in this thread :thumbsup:

If you have any evidence you can report it to the staff and it will be looked at and dealt with. If not I'll kindly ask you and others one final time to refrain from further posting accusations that aren't backed up with proof.
Is not fair to quote after we started discussing whether or not he was pirating the game. Because you started this off topic discussion not me. I only told (showed actually with a screenshot from the current version) the OP that in the current version we have more things in the loading screen and not only a tiny AC logo like he mentioned.

This thread would have been a lot smaller if you gave the OP some breathing room to answer instead of discussing whether or not he's pirating the game because I didn't start this off topic discussion, you did. I simply showed him a screenshot from version 1.13.2 to compare to the screenshot he posted from 1.0.2.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back