Boost

Leigh Nielsen

mid-field punter!
With the AUS group soon to start a season with the V8 Stockcar I would like to clarify how the Boost function operates.

1. Boost is invoked via the Temporary Boost keymap in Options.
2. The drivers gets 8 uses of Boost during the race.

Is this linked to Boost Mapping, which has a range of 1-10, and what is this range indicating?
Presume Boost time and delay to reset varies from car to car?

Anything else I should know about Boost?

The Push-to-Pass system gives you a boost of around 50HP. It then has a cool down period of 150 seconds where it cannot be used again. It can only be used during the race, and each driver has 8 'doses' of it to use whenever they want over the course of a race. It can be used to attack, defend or just for fun :p

I am still confused as to what the boost mapping actually does because myself and @Sniper have tested it and learned very little. We assumed it relates to the aggressiveness of the boost deployment.

So for example a higher number might result in a greater amount of boost power, but will last for a shorter amount of time. Whereas, a lower number might make the boost last longer but it will produce less power. During testing we couldn't seem to find any noticeable difference between settings 1 and 10, so honestly I'm not sure how the setting works. Perhaps @Renato Simioni could tell us? :)

A higher number is useful when you don't have a long straight on that particular track, so you you don't waste your boost using it during the reduction for example. The problem to adjust that is that you can only use it in races, so you have to do an offline race to see what is the best adjustment.

Huh, disabled as pressing it is just a placebo? Or disabled for the Super V8s? Game was happily telling me push-to-pass was functioning yesterday in the Brazilian Stock Cars, but was it actually boosting my bhp? =)

Huh, disabled as pressing it is just a placebo? Or disabled for the Super V8s? Game was happily telling me push-to-pass was functioning yesterday in the Brazilian Stock Cars, but was it actually boosting my bhp? =)
Not the boost itself, it's the mapping options in the setup screen don't actually do anything.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.3%