Boost Mapping

Hi everybody.
A question to Alex of someone else.

Installing xUI (to use online skins) allows us to set up more things in the game, like FFB force for instance (default is 53%).
The car set up is the same with some blocked things but there is only one setting added : boost mapping.

Factory set up is on position 2. It can be set up from 1 to 9. Does this parameter have a real effect on the engine?
I think that 9 is more violent for the motor and 1 more quiet... Perhaps it changes the boosting time too...

There is no actual effect in engine power from changing that setting. It is tied up to the push-to-pass functionality, but there is no variable boost effects in our version of the engine like there is in rFactor.

The setting is not available for adjustment - as you said, you had to change the original files to be able to adjust it. Some options are not available for a reason - even if the code is by and large the same, this is not rFactor. By all means expirement with rF files and mods if you wish, but dont hold us to answer for the results ;)

I only use xUI for playing with my own skin online.
My goal is not to tweak the game.
Thank you for the answer.

I precise that dynHUD is running on GSC and it is a good thing. Without this, we can't see the green and red lights of the start if we are in the back of the grid.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%