Boonatix ACC Setup Workshop - This Thursday!

Boonatix guides us through the steps needed to nail the perfect setup in ACC. Join us for a live stream here on RD on Thursday evening.

If like me, you struggle to setup cars to your liking then we have a treat in store for you on Thursday. Our good friend Boonatix is hosting an ACC setup workshop via a live stream on his YouTube channel. We will also be making the player visible here too so you can get involved easily.

The car Boonatix will be setting up is the 2020 AMG but the principles applied in this workshop will be transferable to other cars.

Here's what's in store:

It is time for the next live workshop - and due to the popular demand and many questions, it will be all about setting up a GT3 car!

Boonatix will be joined by Tristan, one of the fastest and well experienced drivers of the SRXP community. We will start with the basics and go step by step to teach you how you can improve the feeling and performance of your GT3 car in Assetto Corsa Competizione - Join in live to ask your questions and learn together with Boonatix!

1. Tyre Pressure, Temperatures and Brakes
2. Track Map and analyzing car behaviour
3. First balance adjustments
4. Further corrections and adjustments
5. Dampers and finalizing the setup

Join Boonatix at 6:00 PM UTC on Thursday March 11

Watch here on RaceDepartment or watch directly on Youtube here

Last edited:
This sounds incredibly interesting.

The few setups I've done myself have made the car more consistent, but very much off the pace - although the "off the pace" bit is more than likely to be down to my driving rather than any grave errors I've made in the setup, but grave errors are still a significant possibility,

Hopefully the videos will remain on YouTube as I'll be unlikely to catch the livestream due to work commitments.

This sounds incredibly interesting.

The few setups I've done myself have made the car more consistent, but very much off the pace - although the "off the pace" bit is more than likely to be down to my driving rather than any grave errors I've made in the setup, but grave errors are still a significant possibility,

Hopefully the videos will remain on YouTube as I'll be unlikely to catch the livestream due to work commitments.
Yeah they will be available on Boonatix' channel. We'll link them here.

This is a brilliant series. Also the setup guide he produced is a winner.

I wish there were more diff settings to play with in ACC. I can't for the life of me get a decent setup around Snetterton in ACC - it lurches from horrid turn in understeer to lurid corner exit oversteer.

I wish there were more diff settings to play with in ACC. I can't for the life of me get a decent setup around Snetterton in ACC - it lurches from horrid turn in understeer to lurid corner exit oversteer.
Did you try adjusting.............................maybe........................the way you stomp on the pedals ?

Was gonna say, Snetterton, even in the wet with a wet setup, I rarely get any kind of understeer or oversteer, it's all about braking early enough to make the corner, then smooth acceleration out of it.
Too harsh with inputs generally will make even the best set up car feel terrible.

Shouldn't GT3's use of ABS correct heavy braking? When AJ Alminder was commenting on an IMSA race last year, he said he got advice from the regular driver of the Acura NSX GT3. STOMP on the brake and Stomp hard...was the advice.

The ABS in ACC is pretty decent in that you don't lock up, but also that if you do brake heavily in to corners, it's all about the time, (and the distance to the apex), that you choose to do it.
If you stomp too late and try and turn you'll have understeer, similarly if you stomp on the accelerator too hard and too quickly coming out of a corner, you'll switch to oversteer as I think all cars in this title are rear wheel drive so lighting up the rear tyres with the loud pedal is not something covered by ABS but is to do with smooth throttle application out of a corner.

Thanks for the workshop guys it was very interesting and informative. Just thought I'd mention here that I was a bit confused when Tristan said more preload can cure corner exit oversteer. I've always thought the opposite and experienced the opposite, and to me when you increased it, it looked like you were struggling with the oversteer even more! And indeed from the ACC setup sheet:

1615542416561.png

Might be worth clarifying this in your next video.

Was gonna say, Snetterton, even in the wet with a wet setup, I rarely get any kind of understeer or oversteer, it's all about braking early enough to make the corner, then smooth acceleration out of it.
Too harsh with inputs generally will make even the best set up car feel terrible.

Makes sense. I'm crap.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing