booking...

it was too hard make normal online system?! I am sure, that no one person don't like wait minimum 3 minutes, or up to join server. I ask myself the question, why, why, they did so .... maybe I missed something ))

so apparently it was not hard to do. look at this link >> Freejoin for Assetto Corsa early access http://www.kegetys.fi/freejoin/

again, why, why, they did so ....

sorry for my bad english.

...... :rolleyes:

For the millionth time now: It's an alpha version with a very limited feature set.

The booking system is just an innovative feature which they are testing and by only allowing this currently it puts a lot of focus on this.

It is a very good feature for league racing but the full release version will most certainly also contain a more common system for e.g. public racing.

It is the testing stage of this game, so it is the perfect time to test this feature. The "normal" way of handling online races has been done a million times before and will need less testing, so better throw that in as a "suprise" feature further on the line.

It is the testing stage of this game, so it is the perfect time to test this feature. The "normal" way of handling online races has been done a million times before and will need less testing, so better throw that in as a "suprise" feature further on the line.
So what are we here testers? We should just agree with everything that's given to us? No, booking is cancer of public racing. There's no way to rose this. It's a healthy discussion though.
@bram:: Pls don't try to jinx, my internet has enough aids already. :sick:

Since the game is in early access you are indeed a testing consumer. If you can't handle an unfinished game you shouldn't have purchased it this early and just wait for v1.0, when it comes out.

As long as the game is still in development it may be subject to changes.

Cancer, aids, we are still discussing a racing game here? Can we do this without these poor wordings please.

To answer the OP's question: they did this booking system so all the drivers are pre-booked, reducing load upon room creation, having the ability to join or re-join in any giving session from practice to race without turning up as a "sardine can car" or other placeholder vehicle.

Basically once you are booked there is no (technical) reason to ever miss out on a race.

Since the game is in early access you are indeed a testing consumer. If you can't handle an unfinished game you shouldn't have purchased it this early and just wait for v1.0, when it comes out.

As long as the game is still in development it may be subject to changes.
It's just my opinion. It's a strong one too. People who regard booking as healthy feature for public racing are for me sheeple.
:cool:

He is not saying it is a healthy feature for public racing. He is saying you are testing a feature.
The final product will be a lot different and I am 100 % certain with something else then booking for public racing!

Imo booking per se is not bad, it`s the (currently) missing server filter options (i.e. sort by remaining booking time or show exact race time left) that make it a bit ineffective at the moment. And, sometimes, looking at lots of empty servers that noone joins because they are empty, it appears a bit useless for those servers to have booking since then noone will join it even more likely.... It really should be the server`s admin decision if he wants to use booking or not.

When it comes to booking for club and league races, it's a very good feature to have.

If you're into public racing (why you would be, I have no clue) then it's not such a good feature.

@Niki Đaković Do not try to start arguments when nothing offensive has been said in the first place.
You're free to express your opinion (within reason of course), but don't call others "fanboys" just because they have a different view point.

Chris mate it was a humorous post. Dont be so sensitive about it. For you I can say deadly serious, because of booking you don't even know how good fun public racing really can be. And that's a shaaame. Way more fun then watching TV for example. :inlove: Feel the love, it even beats karaoke.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back