1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview With Aris - Monday 18th December - LIVE!

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +14,004
    AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview 5.jpg
    This Monday 18th December we have a special feature lined up..! Talk and Drive Interviews return with several Assetto Corsa 'Bonus Pack 3' cars, Laguna Seca and Aris from Kunos Simulazioni!

With the upcoming new 'Bonus Pack 3' DLC due to launch this December 20th, we have taken the opportunity to have a go in some of the seven new cars scheduled to release as part of the latest Assetto Corsa DLC, lapping the brand new laser scanned Laguna Seca circuit whilst speaking with Kunos physics guru Aristotelis Vasilakos!

Seven high performance road cars, difficult and challenging circuit, engaging conversation and physics talk... all live and exclusive on our RaceDepartment Twitch channel!

How do I watch?

By viewing the video below! Now available in all it's 2 hours of glory on our YouTube channel :)

Assetto Corsa, available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Bonus Pack 3 DLC releases for free to PC on December 20th, with console to follow shortly afterwards.

AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview 2.jpg AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview 3.jpg AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview.jpg AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview 4.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

Watching live or tuning in later on YouTube? Have any specific questions you want us to ask on the live stream? Have you subscribed to our channel yet :D Looking forward to Bonus Pack 3? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    • Love Love x 15
    • Like Like x 11
  2. SunBro

SunBro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +216
    Goddamn... Laguna Seca on the twitch stream? Am i about to be a certified arsehole? Hahaha

If it means us getting laguna seca on the 20th, i wouldn't mind being labeled a fool. :)

3. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,647
    And in other news, rain is wet.....:sneaky:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can't wait to tune in, thanks!

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá
    Premium

Ratings:
    +552
    Any questions for Aris?
    @Aristotelis Will you ever finish the Go Faster tutorial featured on the Game&Track youtuve channel? thanks

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Torcano

Torcano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +543
    One more pic :p

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. chris_2jz

chris_2jz

Ratings:
    +0
    I wounder if the ALA system is functional in-game?

7. AnklaX

AnklaX

Ratings:
    +187
    My questions for Aris:

- What other changes/updates if any are coming besides the new DLC content?
    - Is this the last DLC? Is Kunos moving on to AC2 after this release?.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. BrainsBush

BrainsBush

Ratings:
    +21
    Looking forward to the interview with Aris. Great RD you're hosting this for us!

Aris: First of all thanks for the 'tutorial' vids (hint, hint) and obviously your physics work.
    Question for Aris: Do you also test drive the real cars yourself before and/or after let's say you insert the mathematical/physics numbers to the AC cars?
    What car experience had the most 'blown away' impact for you. E.g. a classic one or a hypercar?

Thx! Brian

• Like Like x 4
  9. After_Midnight

After_Midnight

Ratings:
    +368
    No questions.
    Just a simple Thank You to Kunos Simulazioni :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 10
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  10. paracletus

paracletus

Ratings:
    +154
    Looks good. The performantey on laguna seca should be a blast.

• Love Love x 1
  11. AccAkut

AccAkut

Ratings:
    +1,265
    Questions:
    - What, looking back at the release of the first Elise - Magione tech demo, is the most surprising, unsuspecting development Assetto Corsa made through the years?

- Will your next project (whatever it may be) be as open to modding and content creators as AC is? How do you value your modding community?

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Glaurung

Glaurung
    Premium

Ratings:
    +860
    Questions:
    - Which is the car whose physic is built with the greatest number of technical data provided by the manufacturer (and/or a racing team)?
    - Which is your favourite Kunos car and your favourite mod car?

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jani1980

Jani1980
    Premium

Ratings:
    +119
    Rain, night, real light for night is a hope and dream :unsure::inlove:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  14. Gevatter

Gevatter

Ratings:
    +138
    I'd like to add to that quation by asking which car gave you the most joy/satisfaction/pride to work on in Assetto Corsa?

• Like Like x 2
  15. ronniej

ronniej
    Premium

Ratings:
    +253
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  16. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +125
    My question for @Aristotelis :

Is the possible to implement the AI controlled car during the race weekend sessions or single race, to select an AI car and let your friend/s to drive that car, while yours is driven by AI?

A manual turn based race weeekend, so to speak.
    Geoff Crammond Grand Prix Series had Hotseat Mode Multiplayer to play with your friends on the same PC

• Like Like x 1
  17. Glen vw

Glen vw
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6
    My questions for Aris,

Definitely interested if any other DLC is planned for AC or is Kunos moving onto a new project such as AC2 or another racing title?

What circuit would you want to bring into AC but have not been able to?

Thanks kunos for all the hard work!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Diogo Ramalho

Diogo Ramalho

Ratings:
    +97
    Hello Aristortelis,

Did you ever get a "no" from the manufacturers when you ask for some specific data? How did you get around in this kind of situations?

How far did you guys go implementing engine mapping?

If we get a successor of AC, how are you guys thinking about the sound engine? Will we get a big upgrade or we will see just an improvement (I remember Stefano saying something about the sound on the first versions of netKar PRO that the "bangs" we heard were the same as the number of "bangs" the engine was doing (RPM related)?

This one is just to mess with you guys (AC staff), but...... where is HONDA cars (S2000, Integra, Civic, CRX, NSX)?

Thank you for all your dedication in AC and wish you all the best.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. melanieuk

melanieuk

Ratings:
    +160
    Best Sim Racing Developer 2015, 2016 and no doubt 2017.

Question to Marco but you can answer it Aris.

During the Sim Racing Expo, when stefano was interviewed by Race Department, the poster at the back with the Porsche on the Green Hell at night, was that a sneaky w.i.p glimps of Assetto Corsa 2?.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +14,004
    Spoiler alert. Did some very quick testing tonight to check everything works for tomorrow (as we will be going live not long after I get back from work).

Not going to comment on the cars and track but lets put it this way, I'm in need of new underwear..

Epic stuff

• Like Like x 14
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1