Bob Track Builder: Laser

Hello guyz,

Can anyone tell me how to reach developer of BTB, because I have sent tons of mails at bob@bobstrackbuilder.net and no one answers me ever.

I am in front of Karting Fan Club in Serbia. We want to create two most popular tracks in Serbia.
I had some connections, so I used them and I provided a possibility to make a laser scanning of these two tracks.
I did some work in BTB, but I can't reach developer to ask him for Laser version of BTB.

The Data are awsome (3cm precision), but I don't know to use them in 3D Studio Max, or similar programs. I'm glad to share these data with the people who are willing to help me to make the model of these two tracks. Currently, I'm using these data only for measuring, and then I'm trying to manualy represent these data in BTB.

Autokomerc track in BTB is currently looking like this:

Simulated track vs Real:

Pictures of Laser scanned tracks are at the following links.
Autokomerc: goo.gl/SQhUuk (FIA Approved)
Ada Huja: goo.gl/bRmg0r (FIA Review Process)

So... Is there anyone who want to help in this project? :)

Best Regards,
Nemanja

Last edited:
Thank you Soul,
Website can be fictitiously registered, so I rather use official site to see contact address, but no one answers there...
I bought BTB Pro, but I need Laser version for these data...

Does anyone here uses laser cloud data and does he or she can/want help me in this project?

You could also try looking up the 'Zaxxon Method' for use with the standard BTB...
It's very complex & I don't understand it at all myself but those that do have built some outstanding terrain...
There was a thread here for more information about it.
I don't think it uses Laser derived data though...

Hello Lee,

I have made a research and I have found that this Zaxxon Method is only for inheritation for the part of 3D model of Earth. I need to import Laser Cloud and then to continue with making a model of the track.

If your data is in LAS format and can open in SAGA then there is a chance it can be used with the method Lee mentions. The point cloud has to be converted to a grid to work with regular BTB though.
The process is probably less understood than the point cloud tool for 3dmax…

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back