BMW Z4 GT3 @ Imola

hai guys , so i get a gift from mate and at imola with Z4 GT3 i can get lower than 1.46.262 wat is my PB but , i make little misstake wat take my advantage of gost , i do evrything with default setup i change only 30L > 13L of fuel , wath are u guys changes in yours setups ? some advice? :)

hi guys! i was gettin mad on this challenge in imola, i tried the setup found over here but i was stuck on high 1.46, cannot get confident with it.... so i moved on a new version and i got a 1.45.750, it's not the best time ever but i like that setup , i might improve my time, or at least should be a base to work on!
thanks, will give it a try.

Yes. 5 times more slippy
Maybe you noticed few posts here. http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/rsr-live-timing.606/page-76#post-99232
I might have picked wrong track to test this slippy thing. Working the set around wasn't doing too much good on couple of other tracks. It looks like quite some traction issues with narrower track as opposed to highways of Silverstone.
I'd liked to have this doubt removed.
Can you make a test laps on Magione and Vallelunga and show how close can you get to your own PB's there. :) and then we might have some more valuable data for RSR guys.

Maybe you noticed few posts here. http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/rsr-live-timing.606/page-76#post-99232
I might have picked wrong track to test this slippy thing. Working the set around wasn't doing too much good on couple of other tracks. It looks like quite some traction issues with narrower track as opposed to highways of Silverstone.
I'd liked to have this doubt removed.
Can you make a test laps on Magione and Vallelunga and show how close can you get to your own PB's there. :) and then we might have some more valuable data for RSR guys.
OK will do, not today though. Remind me if I forget :p

Has anyone found the soft tyres to be slower than the mediums? I gained 2 seconds per lap after switching to the mediums, using the first setup posted in this thread

Has anyone found the soft tyres to be slower than the mediums? I gained 2 seconds per lap after switching to the mediums, using the first setup posted in this thread

When tyre wear is off, the softs are indeed less grippy. With tyre wear enabled they'll come to you after about one lap. They start to loose grip fairly soon after that. The medium tyre is definitely a better choice for longer stints as it's not much slower than the softs.

When tyre wear is off, the softs are indeed less grippy. With tyre wear enabled they'll come to you after about one lap. They start to loose grip fairly soon after that. The medium tyre is definitely a better choice for longer stints as it's not much slower than the softs.
Thanks for the tip, managed to get down to a 1:44.7 using 2 laps of fuel

Hello there,

Here is a setup i worked on. Try it and please feedback on what you think.

Here is alittle info for gear, since it might be different from your gear setup might give you an idea,

1st turn = 3rd Gear,
Through Chicane accelerate and 4th

Next = 4th Gear then turn into right with 3rd gear

Long turn go down to 2nd gear

then slow down to 4th,

accelerate, and turn again with 4th, and then slow into 3rd

Go for the chicane on 2nd gear

That should give you an idea before you start testing.

Attachments

• Test01 ok.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 838
Here's something I worked on. 1.43.8 in qualifying trim, but the same setup works in race, too, just adjust the fuel & tyres.
Mid 1.44s should be realistic in a race, the mediums will last around 15 laps. Too bad it was a 16 lap race, but the setup is definitely worth trying. It feels quite balanced, and reasonably easy to drive as well.

Attachments

• Q_1.8_1.43.7.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 1,148
Here's one I created earlier :thumbsup:

See what you think. I'm doing 1:43's with it, so worth a crack.
Such a good setup. My best before it was ~1.53, In the second lap with your setup I got it to ~1.49 and I can easily improve my driving using it. One thing I noticed is that the car will drive softly to the left side, even in a straight portion of the track and steering wheel centered.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back