BMW Z4 @ GT3 Imola

I see your video but, I'm beginnthe sensor for throtle and gas situation (green and red).
why during the brake (and shift down) the throthxle sensor give some acceleration? you really make little acceleration or it is the shift down gear that give that movement of green sensor?
thx

THX
what is your setup for 10 lap and for qualigy?
in general menu of assetto corsa what is control traction, abs option (the red stick) and stanility control?
I try your setup with logitech driving force pro pedal and wheel but I have lot of difficult to insert the car i the curve.firsth chicane impossible brake when you brake in video. the same and mor hard in the 3rth chicane you brake in 3rth gear and my car doesnt' immediately right left over the curbs. also on the downhill before the start impossible make a brake so later andturn in 3rth gear(some possibility if I turn in 2nd gear but not brake so later like you)
sorry for my poor english but... what you sudgest?
what type of control you?
you use other up or general setup?
thx

I was terrible with setup way back & able to compensate with driving. Although, it is definitely more stable than default. Since I know a little more about setup, if you increase the rear ARB slightly from the setup & the lap time should greatly reduced. The front suspension is alright I think.

Assetto Corsa is all about trail braking very deep in the corner(aka bomb dive). Sadly the driving is not good as you have to even brake much more deeper.

What is arb? And aka bomb dive?
I know I must break later but box I can mâle curve if tires go straight on during hard brake. Any sudgestions for control tour setup during the lap ?
Thx

(aka mean "Also Known As")Bomb Dive corner, mean you have to trail brake until the apex & corner with the brake mid corner.

ARB mean Anti-Roll Bar.

It's funny because you don't even trailbrake to a single apex in your own video.

One more noob absolutely confused by your always excellent advice. Keep it up.:thumbsup:

It's funny because you don't even trailbrake to a single apex in your own video.

One more noob absolutely confused by your always excellent advice. Keep it up.:thumbsup:
And so WHAT you sudgest for a Simple 1:45 in Imola ?
The setup of mr deap is very difficult to learn...
Mr deap: what wheel and pedals you use? What is the setup of your wheel and pedals (Ithink was different from any default setup of wheel and pedals)
Thx guys!

And so WHAT you sudgest for a Simple 1:45 in Imola ?
The setup of mr deap is very difficult to learn...
The Mr Deap setup is terrible, as expected. Start with the default setup and change this :

- In gearing put the final drive to minimum.
- In tyres soft compound and 19 psi all tires. That is if you are in the special event or similar air temperature.
- In fuel 10L or just enough for number of laps you want to do.

Make sure ABS and Traction control are set to factory and that tyre blankets are ON in the AC menu.

That's it for setup. The rest is driving.

No need to brake deep at all to do a 1.45. Use all of the track, stay smooth and the laptimes will come down. It's normal to not go fast right away, if it was that easy everyone would be doing it.

The Mr Deap setup is terrible, as expected. Start with the default setup and change this :

- In gearing put the final drive to minimum.
- In tyres soft compound and 19 psi all tires. That is if you are in the special event or similar air temperature.
- In fuel 10L or just enough for number of laps you want to do.

Make sure ABS and Traction control are set to factory and that tyre blankets are ON in the AC menu.

That's it for setup. The rest is driving.

No need to brake deep at all to do a 1.45. Use all of the track, stay smooth and the laptimes will come down. It's normal to not go fast right away, if it was that easy everyone would be doing it.
Ok for factory traction control but abs? There is a factory status?
The brake balance ?
Also for the wheel and pedals menu any sudgestions?
Thx

Bomb diving the brake is an essential skill set for a sim racer.

Mr Deap and Phils13 : what wheel and pedals you use. You use a special setup in the config menu for pedal and wheel?
What is the balance break for Imola ?
I would know something more about bomb dive corner , you have any link,where I can learn and some video that explain that tipe of guide (if possible assetto corsa link).
You use the red and green status indicator during drive for brake and gas utilization?
Thx

Oh yes the guide that you can't promote anymore in the official forum because you'll likely get banned.

@artesina Look I'm sorry you have to filter through this. I'll keep it short. Whatever this guy says, do the opposite and you'll be fine. I'm out. Good luck.

Last edited:
Bomb diving the brake
What does this even mean?
what wheel and pedals you use. You use a special setup in the config menu for pedal and wheel?
For wheel and pedals configuration just search in the controllers thread. What they use is not really important to get yout to the 1.45. As @PhilS13 said, the default setup is enough to beat the event.
What is the balance break for Imola ?
Hard to say as different drivers prefer different values and until you really know how to drive the car, that setting won't play much of a difference as long as you run the default value.
I would know something more about bomb dive corner , you have any link,where I can learn and some video that explain that tipe of guide (if possible assetto corsa link).
What he calls "dive bombing the brakes" is actually a technique called trailbraking. I will soon tag you in another thread where this is explained properly, so you can get an idea.
You use the red and green status indicator during drive for brake and gas utilization?
I think you mean the ideal line. I'd say it's better to not use it, aspecially to determine your inputs as it is set to "work" for any car and therefore it's "too safe" for a gt3 car.

What does this even mean?

For wheel and pedals configuration just search in the controllers thread. What they use is not really important to get yout to the 1.45. As @PhilS13 said, the default setup is enough to beat the event.

Hard to say as different drivers prefer different values and until you really know how to drive the car, that setting won't play much of a difference as long as you run the default value.

What he calls "dive bombing the brakes" is actually a technique called trailbraking. I will soon tag you in another thread where this is explained properly, so you can get an idea.

I think you mean the ideal line. I'd say it's better to not use it, aspecially to determine your inputs as it is set to "work" for any car and therefore it's "too safe" for a gt3 car.
No. I mean the display of brake and gas that displayed how you use that control
I whait your tag for trial braking
Thx

I already tagged you, you didn't get it?
Yes thx.
What you think about display of ga , throttle and other like that ? I must use with a method? Or doesn’t give good information during play?
The link you give me have a lot of link ; very long for me but when I have more time ... I try it.
Now with yours suggestions my time improve from 1:47- 1:48 to 1:46:3 - 1:47:2. I think very difficult go down to 1:45 or less

Yes thx.
What you think about display of ga , throttle and other like that ? I must use with a method? Or doesn’t give good information during play?
The link you give me have a lot of link ; very long for me but when I have more time ... I try it.
Now with yours suggestions my time improve from 1:47- 1:48 to 1:46:3 - 1:47:2. I think very difficult go down to 1:45 or less
You mean the pedal app? That's very usefull as you can see what you are doing with the pedals but also see if the pedals work correctly.
Ignore the links in that thread for the moment and just watch the video in the 2nd post. You can send me one of your laps if you want and i'll see what you do wrong.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back