Cars BMW Z4 E85 MOD?

I own a Z4 e85 in real life and was wondering if anyone is currently working on/has a private version? There is 1 thread but it's been dead since 2018. They're really fun cars to drive, and the current version in AC (e89) feels way too heavy and sluggish. I always see them at the Nordschleife so I was wondering why this car gets no love on racing sims. I don't think I'd be able to stop lapping if I got my exact car in the game. There is currently a GT3 mod but it has a big body kit, a "wang" and 500 bhp. Not like mine at all.

a9231ff9b6d7dbc149c8a85ef85d01f7

(this one isn't mine)

I'd be willing to provide reference images and feedback on the physics if someone is interested in making it. I have track experience in my 2.5L so I'd be able to give decent comparisons.

First obstacle would be physics data. I'm unsure how much of the E85 is shared with the base E80 or E90 architecture, assuming the entire geometry you would still need a bunch more.

If you can find me *all* of the data on an E85 or E89 like in a SAE paper or something, I'd put it on my eventual to-do list at least as a physics mod for the KS car.

If you can find me *all* of the data on an E85 or E89 like in a SAE paper or something, I'd put it on my eventual to-do list at least as a physics mod for the KS car.

It would be awesome if you could do that car. Make it in the GT setup: https://www.google.com/search?q=z4m...i19i22i30l2.7512j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The M-model of E85/86 shares the front end from E46 and the rear end from E36. Same highrevving S54 engine as E46, but with all improvments that E46 got during the years. 343 HP@7900rpm.

It would be awesome if you could do that car. Make it in the GT setup: https://www.google.com/search?q=z4m...i19i22i30l2.7512j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The M-model of E85/86 shares the front end from E46 and the rear end from E36. Same highrevving S54 engine as E46, but with all improvments that E46 got during the years. 343 HP@7900rpm.

Z4 non-M sports suspension is based on the E46 non-M design. Struts, springs, shocks, control arms...etc are all interchangeable between them.
The Z4 M suspension is a hybrid between E36 M3 and E46 M3, with the front suspension parts being re-designed E36 M3 parts, and the rear suspension parts being redesigned E46 M3 parts. The swaybars are from E46 M3 as well (rears are E46 M3 CSL bars).

First obstacle would be physics data. I'm unsure how much of the E85 is shared with the base E80 or E90 architecture, assuming the entire geometry you would still need a bunch more.

The E85/86 is shares a lot more in common with the E46 actually. A large number of suspension/braking/drivetrain components are shared with the E46, and the E46 couple and Z4 roadster also have very similar tortional rigidity (12,000Nm per 1° approx). It has featured in a few games in the past so it may be possible to extract the 3d model from another game as a starting point. I own a 3.0i roaster which I drive hard and have tracked once or twice and would be happy to provide feedback/collaborate with anyone wanting to work on this!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back