BMW X6

A

Andrew Dawes

• Andrew Dawes

If this isn't the biggest showboating by he german mark to the struggling American companies on their home turf. When the american's are being told to build cars noone wants, BMW turns up in New York with a stonking X6M.

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/235152/bmw_x6m_and_hybrid.html

"BMW’s big news in New York is the X6M SUV. Unveiled as part of a pair with the X5M, the main emphasis at the show seems to be on the X6, with a car on each of the brand’s two show stands. It boasted particular presence in red, attracting a lot of attention.

The engine itself is a 4.4-litre and gets patented twin-turbo technology, mated with turbo lag-eliminating tech in the shape of CCM (cylinder-bank comprehensive manifold). Power and torque are rated at 547bhp and 500lb ft, enough to shift the X6M to 60mph in almost supercar time at 4.5sec."

• Kyle Evers

Oh wow! Really does remind me of an M6 but in an SUV form.

IMO pointless car, the twin turbo V8 with 440bhp was more than enough for this type of car in general. Get ready for Hamman, Mansory variations that will make you retna crack and seep out eye fluids.

WTF BMW.

I mean the power is great and all, but I kind of wish sports car companies would just make sports CARS. I mean, if I was going to buy a BMW M model it wouldn't be this one.

Completely agree with you William, it's just another way they are diluting the M brand, which until now was more exclusive than AMG. Kind of a sad thing tbh, BMW already plenty powerful engine variations at their disposal this was certainly not necessary. But in a society where brand image, social ladder etc etc etc all matter more than some basic core values we will see this sort of thing much more often in the future im afraid.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%