BMW Throw Away 1-2 at Marrakesh ePrix

Ok, I agree the 'attack mode' worked in that race (I did watch it).
Yes, it was a good race!

But voting for your favourite driver so he gets a boost?
That pitched Formula E at teenagers, girls, and 'social media' in general.
I'm not falling into their desired viewer grouping.
Sell it to me. I want technology and 'pure' racing with a far greater degree of 'seriousness', I'm sure there's a better word!

So far it's akin to kart racing, on my scale of racing that's where I place it.
I won't be making much of an effort to follow it as things stand.

Ok, I agree the 'attack mode' worked in that race (I did watch it).
Yes, it was a good race!

But voting for your favourite driver so he gets a boost?
That pitched Formula E at teenagers, girls, and 'social media' in general.
I'm not falling into their desired viewer grouping.
Sell it to me. I want technology and 'pure' racing with a far greater degree of 'seriousness', I'm sure there's a better word!

So far it's akin to kart racing, on my scale of racing that's where I place it.
I won't be making much of an effort to follow it as things stand.
Wait, what? Voting for your favourite driver gives them a boost? I was unaware of this since I never watch Formula E, so I had to look it up. FanBoost...wtf? Really? Who came up with this concept?

I can see the FIA board meeting and the president asks their social media team if they have any ideas. Kayla looks up from her phone, brushes back her blue hair and fiddles with her nose ring while admiring her latest tattoo. Everyone in the room has open bets on whether or not Kayla can utter a complete sentence without using the word "like". Of course, she does not disappoint. "Guys, like I have like this amazing idea! All my Twitter followers like love it. We allow the fans to like vote for their favourite driver, and that gives the driver like extra juice." Everyone in the boardroom holds a straight face and tries not to laugh out loud. Jean Todt loves it....approved! /smh

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the circuits, but I believe they are all inner city tracks to bring the races to the people, which is fair as the noise levels souks no longer be complaint.

I don't believe that e cars are our salvation in the current iteration however its probably the right direction kinda curious as to how well the rally cars work but I'd happily watch people race anything if its competitive. Lawn mowers, mobility scooters, ferrets, whatever.

I would have liked to watch the race, but unfortunately "it was decided" to not allow german fans to watch the Youtube broadcast. Eurosport broadcasting rights I reckon.
I would have appreciated to somehow be notified about that. Disappointed I have to say.
I watched Race 1 in December on Youtube without any problems.

And here I thought Formula E went the right way in abandoning the App / pay option and stream via Youtube.....

Was watching the race, seen some small "grand"stand in 1 corner. For the rest of the track only marshall, personel and photographers along the track. How many people came to watch this spectacle?
Amount of youtube views on the race highlights is probably even more with almost 1900 views.
Marrakesh always been pinnacle of Maroccan motorsport?

I would have liked to watch the race, but unfortunately "it was decided" to not allow german fans to watch the Youtube broadcast. Eurosport broadcasting rights I reckon.
I would have appreciated to somehow be notified about that. Disappointed I have to say.
I watched Race 1 in December on Youtube without any problems.

And here I thought Formula E went the right way in abandoning the App / pay option and stream via Youtube.....
Just saying, but you can stream Eurosport 1 for free on their homepage, you just need to create an account.

Honestly I can't watch Formula E races. That vacuum cleaner sound it's absolutely not for me, sadly.
Without vrooom... vrooom engine sound it's not motorsport anymore, at least for me. :(
To me that's like saying I went to a boxing match but one of the boxers was wearing blue gloves, boxing gloves should be red, so I don't watch boxing anymore.

Yep, RD is spoiler central during the season, so I avoid the site when I'm watching a race later. If I want F1 or Formula e news, I go on a F1 or Fe website.
That can be supper annoying. I keep getting caught out by the Facebook posts.

But I'm in a minority in that I don't have a TV and have no way to watch races live. I used to be able to watch formula e but they put a stop to that too.

I'm not getting a sky subscription to watch racing, it's never going to happen. Until they start streaming somewhere I'm always out of the loop.

@Turk As someone who watches everything delayed, I got to learn the hard way how to avoid spoilers, and now can avoid most of them, but sometimes you just run out of luck.
One mate managed to be spoiled a MotoGP result when he went to pay at the gas station, just at the same moment they were showing highlights of that race. I got spoiled an Indy 500 at the V8 Supercars website, etc...

I had to stop visiting a F1 news website because each week they'd have an article with a spoiler of other series in the article's title. Overall, I wished admins would realize that not everybody can watch motorsport live (especially since there are a lot of clashes) and be more sensible with the spoilers. This article could easily have been titled Marrakech ePrix, and have a generic picture. But I guess these days you do everything to get the almighty click.
In the end, they might get less clicks because people will stop visiting a website to avoid unnecessary spoilers.

The racing is a big improvement this year with faster cars & no car changes.To me it was a touring car race with single seaters with mudguards.
It is a pretty good series to run in winter but I am unsure whether I would watch it when it goes up against the other racing series when they get going in spring.

My guess is in the long term they are absorbed into F1 & leave behind an electric touring car series to race on the streets.It becomes inevitable as soon as they are as fast as F1 & last 1.5- 2 hours.

Just saying, but you can stream Eurosport 1 for free on their homepage, you just need to create an account.
Cheers, good shout! However I wanted to watch the live replay on YT. Have to check if that is possible on Eurosport, but doubt it.

At least one other agrees then. How can Formula E expect to be taken seriously?
Change your haircut and lose the championship? Brilliant...

It matters not.... electric cars are the future, like it or not, racing at the top level only exists because of the manufactures, so once they are only selling electric cars, all top level motorsport will be electric....if you are old you will be dead by then so don't panic, plenty of other race series still so why you feel the need to slag off one of them is beyond me...

Racing is racing and i can think of loads of racing series currently that are utter crap compared to 10-20 years ago.... look at WTCR, pants.
We can slag off fanboost and i an not a fan either, but then i dislike all this touring car boost and BoP crap then you get F1 which people follow for the drivers yet it is utterly unfair playing field all about the teams/ cars performance over the rest.
Add to that less and less driver skill involved compared to years ago....
FE isn't the problem.... trust me...racing is just crap these days apart from the real hero's doing it on 2 wheels still risking it all.....
Hamilton is vegan and built like a 14 year old girl.....and is ALL about the 'image' which seems to be a 'gangsta' yet he is from middle class Stevenage in the UK.....

I like it. The cars are pretty fast and move around a lot, and the racing is pretty intense. I don't like the gimmicks they've added but they don't spoil it or anything.

Regarding the incident, what was Da Costa thinking? Just looked like bloody dirty defending

What I want to see is eLMS, eWEC 24. That series will force manufactures to innovate battery technology that will trickle down to us plebeian organisms.

Think about it for a minute or two. None of those teams are going to want to race for 200mi and have to stop for 2-3 hours to fast charge and do another 200mi. They will develop batts that can last a full 24 at buck-eighty down the Mulsanne. Or quick change battery packs that go in and out like the wheels on an F1 car.

Electric cars with halo's. How bad can motorsport get? These cars are like the vegans of the modern world.
Thank goodness we still have real petrol engined motorbikes and other car motorsports. Long live the combustion engine.

@apex11, "why you feel the need to slag off one of them is beyond me...
.... look at WTCR, pants."

You managed to get quite a bit of slagging off done then!
I apologise for having an opinion different to yours, perhaps you can let me know what my opinions are or should I contact you before each one? :O_o:

Formula E, as I said had a good race but I was dismayed by the fanboost. That ISN'T racing.
If it were in sailing I'd still think the same.
I do remember the commentators mentioning that the cars sounded like jet fighters, I burped up the coffee I was drinking!
There are too many things yet to be improved/developed for this format to be considered 'mainstream'.
I'd love to take control for a year...I think it would be fun making it work!
Allowing Teams to make their own car is number 1!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%