BMW Throw Away 1-2 at Marrakesh ePrix

I enjoyed the race and I like the way the cars move around under braking, they look a real handful at times. I’d like a go in a real one I know that. Personally I’m ready for an electric daily driver car, much as I love time at the track I find normal road driving frustrating and boring with way too much traffic. My car already has many semi-autonomous driving features such as automatic cruise control, lane assist, braking assist, speed limit reader etc etc and they all work brilliantly. The sooner there are good electric road cars with even more autonomy at mainstream prices the better. Formula E is doing it’s job as a cross over series raising awareness of electric cars and preparing us form them imo.

Track, then racing games, then road driving - only when I have to - in that order of enjoyment for me. You’d think Formula E would find more love here as we as a community already enjoy electronic versions of cars!

I like how any Formula E thread just takes 2 messages to devolve into FoRmUlA 1 Is BeTtEr ThAn FoRmUlA E and that there arent any messages about the actual thread itself lol

Why, oh why did you put such a spoiler on the front page?
I just wanted to see it this evening, thank you for spoiling it!
:mad:

I'm sorry, but coming to a racing community that is known to publish motorsport news when you're trying to avoid the result of a major motorsport event is pretty silly. It's not RD's fault, it's yours. :rolleyes:

I can't watch F1 live so I avoid watching the news, I don't open the BBC sports app on my phone, I don't visit RD's front page, and I temporarily use an ad blocker to remove the news boxes on the right side of the forums. Simple. Take some responsibility. It's up to you to avoid the results, not the results to avoid you.

I'm sorry, but coming to a racing community that is known to publish motorsport news when you're trying to avoid the result of a major motorsport event is pretty silly. It's not RD's fault, it's yours. :rolleyes:

I can't watch F1 live so I avoid watching the news, I don't open the BBC sports app on my phone, I don't visit RD's front page, and I temporarily use an ad blocker to remove the news boxes on the right side of the forums. Simple. Take some responsibility. It's up to you to avoid the results, not the results to avoid you.
Excuse me, but this is not a news site! I’m here for other things.
It’s not that I don’t appreciate your coverage, but you could avoid clickbait headlines that reveal the outcome of the race. Just be a bit more subtle.

• Deleted member 113561

@Paul Jeffrey Thanks for the spoilers :mad:

Massa... lol just shows how average he is.
Give him some time, Formula E cars are driven differently due to the need of conserving energy

"Political environment" is the key word here. Battery Electric Vehicles are not the four wheeled Jesus they are currently made out to be.
They are not without tradeoffs, yet 10x+ better than petrol fueled cars ... and that is when you look at it overall, not only about the battery. Deal with it, the future is electric, the improvements will make it even better and hopefully bring it up to the necessary range and recharge times soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much I dislike electric cars due to lithium ions poor energy density and the political will driving it forward than engineering, I still think FE will be around for a long time due to the political environment we are in today. The competition of FE seemed like it is pretty intense but I really dislike the narrow and boring track layouts. FE is still motorsports to me as it is pushing the automotive technology forward despite I dislike this technology. I rather see efforts put into hydrogen, efficient engines or some form of hybrid ICE.

The cars always sound awful but eventually, we have to accept it since ICE may be on the way out. They could be our daily drive some day in the future which I personally don’t mind a near silent car with ample of space in it, cheaper to service and blistering acceleration. As long as it’s not a Tesla.

Still, I would love to drive one of these thing in a game. Forza version is horrible though and I can’t get rfactor 2 to run smoothly.

"Political environment" is the key word here. Battery Electric Vehicles are not the four wheeled Jesus they are currently made out to be.

See the "no body wants your opinion" thread......

Then comes onto the Formula E thread.......

People slagging off others for watching 'racing' and trying to make them feel silly because of it... come on RD practice what you preach...

The race yesterday and the season opener were more exciting than a whole bunch of current series that go "broom broom"
Add to that the car manufactures are going full on electric so get used it it.....
Trying to prove how cool you are by slagging off electric racing whilst owning crap road cars and playing on toy wheels and pedals on a computer is laughable....

I used to own a V6 Alfa Romeo GTV which is one of the prettiest and finest engines ever made and it made a sweet sweet noise... but i still like Formula E because i like to see stuff RACE....

I am not crying about electric cars... and if i was i would not try to disrupt people who may want to talk about it...

IMO, electric cars offers little in terms of engineering. Hydrogen, more efficient ICE or some form of hybrid would do the job better because battery sucks as a energy storage device. This is why batteries takes up significant amount of weight in electric cars to have 500km driving range. And you need significant amount of money to invest on the charging infrastructure. More new mines for lithium and other rare earth metals.

The only reason that they are being pushed to main stream now is because of government regulations making ICE harder and harder to make. No doubt electric cars has some significant advantage but having much heavier cars that is plagued with charging issues on the batteries that is made from rare earth metals. I am not sure is it actually worth changing over ICE for it from environment point of view due to the mining of those materials, they are not environmentally friendly too.

It does feel like it is only a hype from those environmentalists who thought changing over to electric will fix all the problems with cars. I do not think it is that simple if you look at it's entire life cycle, cradle to grave style.

IMO, electric cars offers little in terms of engineering. Hydrogen, more efficient ICE or some form of hybrid would do the job better because battery sucks as a energy storage device. This is why batteries takes up significant amount of weight in electric cars to have 500km driving range. And you need significant amount of money to invest on the charging infrastructure. More new mines for lithium and other rare earth metals.

The only reason that they are being pushed to main stream now is because of government regulations making ICE harder and harder to make. No doubt electric cars has some significant advantage but having much heavier cars that is plagued with charging issues on the batteries that is made from rare earth metals. I am not sure is it actually worth changing over ICE for it from environment point of view due to the mining of those materials, they are not environmentally friendly too.

It does feel like it is only a hype from those environmentalists who thought changing over to electric will fix all the problems with cars. I do not think it is that simple if you look at it's entire life cycle, cradle to grave style.

Exactly that. Right now, doctrine trumps discussion - a deplorable situation to live in.

I expected this comment section to be about the BMW intra-team accident instead of more bickering about FE. I mean, really? Are we still debating if something without 'proper' sound / not-the-current-20-F1-drivers can actually produce quality wheel-to-wheel racing? Grow up, guys...

yep, it sounded such a silly idea at first but the way it works out on track is fun. it goes to show how much gamification of life i am willing to accept already. interesting.

It add a bit of strategy to the races. Instead of pitstops, teams have to decide when to use attack mode. I also like how they use the much-hated halo, with the LED lights that indicate when a driver is in attack mode. The one gimmick I loathe is Fanboost. I wish they’d get rid of that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 137 13.9%