BMW m8 coming to iRacing... Soon

"What does that mean for series like IMSA and iRacing Le Mans where we already have the maximum of 6 different cars racing? We are currently testing seven cars and it is looking good that we will simply add the car to these series. "

finally!
Now that they are testing , they should give 8 car a try too , i don't like having just 2 GT3 car (AMG GT3 and Audi R8 GT3) in IMSA while we (will) have 4 GTEs (Ferrari 488GTE , ford GT 2017 , Porsche 911RSR and Bmw M8 GTE) in it.

Last edited:
"What does that mean for series like IMSA and iRacing Le Mans where we already have the maximum of 6 different cars racing? We are currently testing seven cars and it is looking good that we will simply add the car to these series. "

finally!
Now that they are testing , they should give 8 car a try too , i don't like having just 2 GT3 car (AMG GT3 and Audi R8 GT3) in IMSA while we (will) have 4 GTEs (Ferrari 488GTE , ford GT 2017 , Porsche 911RSR and Bmw M8 GTE) in it.

I know gt3 cars are everywhere but hopefully this will mean a new gt3 car soon too. That's a series that could do with some more content, certainly some updated models.

S6ysjvk.jpg

From a technical perspective, the main thing holding them back is the user base and the amount of RAM they have on their PC's. For reasons beyond my comprehension, a lot of folks in iRacing seem to have pretty old systems and complain when they need to update.

From a technical perspective, the main thing holding them back is the user base and the amount of RAM they have on their PC's. For reasons beyond my comprehension, a lot of folks in iRacing seem to have pretty old systems and complain when they need to update.
As I recall from some years back before i pulled the plug to this car rental agency the car restriction was still hard coded from NR2003(= 4 different cars + safety car).
But even after changing the code they still struggle with much lower car brands numbers - compared to almost any other racing sim.
So Im absolutely not convinced that this problem is just because iRacing does care so much for members with lower end systems.:roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 101 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 77 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.5%