BMW m8 coming to iRacing... Soon

farjam

500RPM
Jun 4, 2017
"What does that mean for series like IMSA and iRacing Le Mans where we already have the maximum of 6 different cars racing? We are currently testing seven cars and it is looking good that we will simply add the car to these series. "

finally!
Now that they are testing , they should give 8 car a try too , i don't like having just 2 GT3 car (AMG GT3 and Audi R8 GT3) in IMSA while we (will) have 4 GTEs (Ferrari 488GTE , ford GT 2017 , Porsche 911RSR and Bmw M8 GTE) in it.

Last edited:

snyperal

500RPM
Original poster
Mar 26, 2015
"What does that mean for series like IMSA and iRacing Le Mans where we already have the maximum of 6 different cars racing? We are currently testing seven cars and it is looking good that we will simply add the car to these series. "

finally!
Now that they are testing , they should give 8 car a try too , i don't like having just 2 GT3 car (AMG GT3 and Audi R8 GT3) in IMSA while we (will) have 4 GTEs (Ferrari 488GTE , ford GT 2017 , Porsche 911RSR and Bmw M8 GTE) in it.

I know gt3 cars are everywhere but hopefully this will mean a new gt3 car soon too. That's a series that could do with some more content, certainly some updated models.

Eckhart von Glan

6000RPM
Premium
Dec 29, 2006
agree with farjam, 8 would be cool, but i have no clue about technical issues involved, so if it's only seven, fine by me.

F_B

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 27, 2013
I’d guess that they try to raise it one by one the next builds/years.

tlsmikey

500RPM
Feb 24, 2016
From a technical perspective, the main thing holding them back is the user base and the amount of RAM they have on their PC's. For reasons beyond my comprehension, a lot of folks in iRacing seem to have pretty old systems and complain when they need to update.

Eckhart von Glan

6000RPM
Premium
Dec 29, 2006
that would be me with a pc going on 10 years. but don't worry, i will update within the month and then join the crowd shouting for more more more for the next two years, which in turn will be followed by another six or seven years of ashamed silence. ;)

BrunoB

Too much Goebbels
Oct 10, 2011
From a technical perspective, the main thing holding them back is the user base and the amount of RAM they have on their PC's. For reasons beyond my comprehension, a lot of folks in iRacing seem to have pretty old systems and complain when they need to update.
As I recall from some years back before i pulled the plug to this car rental agency the car restriction was still hard coded from NR2003(= 4 different cars + safety car).
But even after changing the code they still struggle with much lower car brands numbers - compared to almost any other racing sim.
So Im absolutely not convinced that this problem is just because iRacing does care so much for members with lower end systems.:roflmao::roflmao: