Cars BMW M6 GT3

Is there modellers out there that would model a car as a job for payment? Up to the levels of your transit or the RSS cars, not asking for this car though just curious if it happens? I’m guessing it wouldn’t come cheap either.
Of course, thats the way it works. You pay for the work to be done, or you wait until someone just happens to make it on their own accord. I don't think anyone in their right mind would push aside their personal projects (transit) or their commissioned projects (rss) to order to work on something that is not necessarily their cup of tea just as a favour.

Are we talking crazy amounts of money? For sure it’s not realistic to expect someone to do it for free or as a favour it’s a skilled process at the end of the day as with every job time=money..

Are we talking crazy amounts of money? For sure it’s not realistic to expect someone to do it for free or as a favour it’s a skilled process at the end of the day as with every job time=money..
I think you pay money/hour, if all 3d modelers are charging the same per hour, I would consult @A3DR :D

I would loathe for all this work to go underground because it is based on a non-legit 3D model. Down that path lies compartmentalization of modding efforts and early brokenness of such mods. A legit mod is much easier to keep in sync with game changes.

I am also urging caution about the attractiveness of this car. My understanding is that the real life thing was less than a full success. Nice engine but the car was too heavy in general and imbalanced since most of the weight reduction could not affect the engine and transmission area, with then resulting aero that had to fix balance as a side job. Modeling this car with proper power, proper inertia, proper weight balance and proper center of gravity might not show the awesome performance that gamers have become accustomed to.

Depending on who's doing it, you're likely looking at $500-$1500 for a fully modeled car in AC. Could possibly find cheaper work at a dedicated modeling site, but you'd then be left with optimizing the model and importing it into AC.

500-1500 isn’t crazy for a group of players to get together and group fund surprised we don’t see it happen I’m sure there’s groups of people that want certain cars!
Anyway thanks for the reply’s better not hijack the thread with questions!

500-1500 isn’t crazy for a group of players to get together and group fund surprised we don’t see it happen I’m sure there’s groups of people that want certain cars!
It does happen, there's a Mitsubishi Eclipse and Laguna Seca Mustang at least off the top of my head.

@Stereo Mitsubishi Eclipse? As a Mitsu co-owner I dearly miss quality Mitsubishis in AC. Did it slip under my radar or it's not public?

Regarding the M6 GT3, which I dearly miss from AC as well, somebody could set up a crowdfund thingy like that Reiza Bonanza was, so if the goal price isn't met nothing happens. Just and idea.

Depending on who's doing it, you're likely looking at $500-$1500 for a fully modeled car in AC. Could possibly find cheaper work at a dedicated modeling site, but you'd then be left with optimizing the model and importing it into AC.

That's close enough, more towards the $1500 side :D can't believe anyone would bother in doing it under $1k really, considering we're talking about a professional job, meeting 100% Kunos' standards or exceeding them.

Crowdfund? yeah like that would work in this community, easiest way would be to gather a bunch of people who wants the car done if you want to split the expenses, and pay the 3D artist / physics / sound guys properly.

That's close enough, more towards the $1500 side :D can't believe anyone would bother in doing it under $1k really, considering we're talking about a professional job, meeting 100% Kunos' standards or exceeding them.

Crowdfund? yeah like that would work in this community, easiest way would be to gather a bunch of people who wants the car done if you want to split the expenses, and pay the 3D artist / physics / sound guys properly.
I doubt tho if the money is coming together people want a then outdated car. I think the M8 is the way to go.
The M6 can just be the learning project, even with a ripped model

M6 would be a waste of money unless a group got together even then it’s not the greatest of gt3 cars, my questions were about a different model more of a one off car that I doubt anyone else would be willing to get in on!
I’m late to the PC party so know nothing of 3D modelling but trying to learn some basics, just finding time between racing and real life is difficult perhaps in 20years I’ll Be somewhere close!!
Physics wouldn’t be a problem I’ve figured most of that out already..

I doubt tho if the money is coming together people want a then outdated car. I think the M8 is the way to go.
The M6 can just be the learning project, even with a ripped model
Sure, I'm generally speaking, either car is the same amount of work.

I almost started a crowdfunding page yesterday for this, bentley and acura. But then it occured to me no way in hell would i find 250 people to chip in 4 dollars / euros for a single car.

AC is not quite for endurance in my opinion, with the M6 the mainstream GT3 grid could be complete, yet for GTE a quality Ford is still missing.

@SunBro if you can make such a page for free, I see no harm, there are lots of lurkers here I think. Count me in though :D

AC is not quite for endurance in my opinion, with the M6 the mainstream GT3 grid could be complete, yet for GTE a quality Ford is still missing.

@SunBro if you can make such a page for free, I see no harm, there are lots of lurkers here I think. Count me in though :D
Kickstarter was the first to come to my mind. It's free afaik.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back