Cars BMW M6 GT3

Hi guys !

What about me myself and I.
After a few years of playing Assetto Corsa, trying and playing with several mods, after hours and hours of practice, and learning as much as i could. I decided to try to bring the missing M6 GT3 for the community. I must say that i'm sad that kunos couldn't get this car for AC, I hope they will bring the M8 GTE (one can still dream right ?) !

What I know about the car ?
Well, the basics I guess:
https://www.bmw-motorsport.com/en/topics/fahrzeuge/bmw-m6-gt3-gtlm.html
and others source i don't remember at the moment :(

Dimensions and wheelbase
INERTIA=2.046,1.280,4.944
WHEELBASE=2.901

Engine
torque: up to 680NM, HP: up to 585, MAX RPM: I don't know so i tried 7200
m6_gt3_power_graph.png

This is the result after CM recalculates the curves from the data (and 16% transmission loss)

Wheels
As far as i know same as the Z4 13x18 (don't know if they are wider so I simply used the Z4 tires for the moment)

Suspensions, weight and weight distribution
DWB front and rear
1300kg (without the driver)
51% (not sure about that, but is seems that the car is pretty well balanced)

Aero
Front splitter, Rear spoiler and diffuser.

What I don't know !
Suspension geometry values. It has been hard to start from scratch and having something decent, at the moment, at least at speed the rear end gain a lot of toe (from 0.10 in pits, to 0.65 at 275km/h) while the front gain only a bit (from -0.15 to 0).
Aero (not sure how works drag and lift coefficient). So at the moment I change values here and there and see what happen on track...
Track width values.
Caster.
Dampers values. Atm I try values that I guess could fit the car.
Unsprung mass values.

What about my progress so far ?
Well, I tried different versions (you can find on internet), RIP stuff sadly.
The latest one I tried was overpowered (at least 2s quicker with soft tires compared to other GT3 cars (I usually do 2.17 at Spa, and I could go for 2.15 easily with this mod).
After I managed to get the proper power curves (at least the correct torque and power), I was doing 2.16.8, but The car didn't felt right, ffb was set to low, the impression to drive a boat, and the car was oversteering at corner exit (low and mid corners).
I began to work on suspensions (I cheated looking at rre setups online, it was a good hint).
And step by step the car was coming to life !
After the latest test, I like the ffb, the car feels more like a racing car (quicker on steering input), and less oversteering at corner exist, lap time ? 2.17.5 !

It's all fun and games but what I'm looking for ?
Since I don't want to use a RIP model I don't know where it comes from and I can't listen to this crappy sound anymore, I'm looking for team mates to create the car from scratch !
So I guess at least 3 people ? (3D, sound, and a project manager ?)
AND of course betatesters, preferably people who use GT3 cars a lot so they could compare there lap times, how the car react to setup change, and conditions ?
And if some of you actually know stuff (like if you have any other information about the car or could point me to the right direction for suspension geometry knowledge and aerodynamics stuff).

It's all about the benjamins ?
Nope just nope. I want to do it because I love cars, racing, sim racing, rd community, spending most of my time on AC, and I'm already working, so in few words i'm doing it for the love lol :)

Cheers guys and remember to have fun :) !

Awesome! I appreciate your project a lot and I really hope you'll find some capable co-workers. I wish I could help you, but unfortunately I have absolutely no clue of modding at all. Pls help this guy! :rolleyes::whistling:

This is probably my most wanted modern race car for AC and I'm very sad Kunos couldn't include it in the DLCs. The rips are obviously lacking, both in physics and in graphics. I really hope this project works out in the end. Good luck! I am not a modder, but I use GT3s a lot so I could give some feedback if it was helpful.

There is something I don't understand though. Games like PCARS2 and Forza look great. Yet models ripped from them look bad in AC. Why is that?

This is probably my most wanted modern race car for AC and I'm very sad Kunos couldn't include it in the DLCs. The rips are obviously lacking, both in physics and in graphics. I really hope this project works out in the end. Good luck! I am not a modder, but I use GT3s a lot so I could give some feedback if it was helpful.

There is something I don't understand though. Games like PCARS2 and Forza look great. Yet models ripped from them look bad in AC. Why is that?
They have less triangles/polygons if I'm right

Because the guys ripping it often do a half arsed job getting the cars ingame. Most lack very basics like Ambient Occlusion bakes and working MAP textures (which needs the former). Shaders are chosen wrong, or done only half (like with the V8SC mod, which has no sunSpec values on the cars main body for some reason). Its the old issue of people not investing time and work into the whole thing because they got the model with a single click.

So, you can absolutely make a ripped car look as good as stock Kunos content, undistinguishable in a field of cars. Most rippers just don't give a ****, and those that do often even end up selling those rips as their own...

In general car model between different games and sims are probably not too different in general. There's probably more differences between two artist's modelling styles than between games (iirc PC or RF2 bought the same 650 GT3 model that Kunos bought)

Last edited:
So, you can absolutely make a ripped car look as good as stock Kunos content, undistinguishable in a field of cars. Most rippers just don't give a ****

And let's just get this out in the open: the reason they keep doing things that way is because an awful lot of "sim" racers are more than happy to consume that kind of junk content without even questioning it. They'll even recommend it to others in "my favorite car" threads. ;)

Hi guys !
What about my progress so far ?
Well, I tried different versions (you can find on internet), RIP stuff sadly.
The latest one I tried was overpowered (at least 2s quicker with soft tires compared to other GT3 cars (I usually do 2.17 at Spa, and I could go for 2.15 easily with this mod).
After I managed to get the proper power curves (at least the correct torque and power), I was doing 2.16.8, but The car didn't felt right, ffb was set to low, the impression to drive a boat, and the car was oversteering at corner exit (low and mid corners).

If we are talking about the same base mod, the latest version I have seen has set max turbo boost to 1.5, which gives it lots and lots of power. The problem is not in the base torque curve. Keep in mind the torque curve file is in Nn at the wheel. A lot of mods put imperial torque values and/or forget about the "at the wheels" detail. In a turbo car you have to set each individual rpm-torque so that it matches the printed curve you have seen *after* the turbo boost kicks in. Probably want to write a helper program for that.

Aero I would mostly take from the Z4 GT3, modified by wing size.

Suspension might not be that critical if you just push a lot of the details into setup and let the user deal with it. In the GT3 world the teams can mess with it a lot. You need to get the basics right such as what kind of suspension per wheel and the positions.

Do you have a 3D model that is freely redistributable? Not judging, just curious.

Last edited:
At the moment no, time ago agu modding released the m6 (and it was shut down hours later), so at the moment I'm working on the physics with a RIP model, that's why i didn't post any pics or whatsoever, don't want to praise these kind of things.
And no worries for the torque curve, the pics i posted, CM use both the power and the turbo controllers :D, and yes this rip had way to much torque and power !
Btw I've fixed my issue with toe, atm i'm working on CL and drag !

So !
Tonight i managed to work 4 hours on the car, mostly on CL and CD values, ride heights (setup rod length), arbs, and a bit on power.

The car doesn't oversteer on corner exit anymore, the rear wing has enough drag, with wings set at 0 (front) and 6 (rear) the car produce more or less 760Kgs of downforce (wing app).
Lap times at spa after 3 laps:
Soft tires, 10L of fuel, 14° ambient temp and 15° track temp: 2.17.15
Medium, 10L, 19° and 26°: 2.18.2
Hard, 110L, 24° and 33°: 2.21.2

:D:D:D

I have also an Agu model that I’ve worked on, using as best I could find to factory specs and then BOPing it to match kunos gt3 content because at full 580bhp it’s an animal compared to kunos cars, rev limit seems about 63-6500rpm but shift point seems to be 6-6100rpm.

So !
Tonight i managed to work 4 hours on the car, mostly on CL and CD values, ride heights (setup rod length), arbs, and a bit on power.

The car doesn't oversteer on corner exit anymore, the rear wing has enough drag, with wings set at 0 (front) and 6 (rear) the car produce more or less 760Kgs of downforce (wing app).
Lap times at spa after 3 laps:
Soft tires, 10L of fuel, 14° ambient temp and 15° track temp: 2.17.15
Medium, 10L, 19° and 26°: 2.18.2
Hard, 110L, 24° and 33°: 2.21.2

:D:D:D

But without a proper model your work will be useless.
So its up to the 3D guys all around to help him :thumbsup:

I don't know where to look anymore lol, the official site says the m6 gt3 is using the Z4 tires without telling the width, I've found somewhere else that the width was 330 front and rear (is it legit ? possible ?), for the engine it seems that the engine is the BMW P63 (BMW M6 F13) which the rev limiter is at 7200 RPM (i promissed I didn't do it on purpose lol), if i look this info my torque curve is wrong around 2000 and 3500 RPM

@After_Midnight yep you're absolutely right, but personally, these last days, I've a learned a lot, and even if let's say 80% of the values are fantasy (cause even my torque curve is wrong..), i'm amazed of how the cars handle and seems to move like in the vids on internet, so I'm pretty happy of the result, and if nobody shows up, it's not a big deal, at least i've learned a lot :D (but don't ask me to do f1 physics, my IQ is not that high xD)

Nice idea, but kinda think you could be waiting for some time to get a modeller to join, simply because unless is aligns with a personal project, its unlikely anyone will have the time to dedicate to something like this in amongst all the other stuff going on.

Nice idea, but kinda think you could be waiting for some time to get a modeller to join, simply because unless is aligns with a personal project, its unlikely anyone will have the time to dedicate to something like this in amongst all the other stuff going on.
Is there modellers out there that would model a car as a job for payment? Up to the levels of your transit or the RSS cars, not asking for this car though just curious if it happens? I’m guessing it wouldn’t come cheap either.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back