BMW M6 GT3 for RaceRoom Racing Experience Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
BMW M6 GT3 RaceRoom Racing Experience Released.jpg

Sector3 Studios have today made available for purchase the brand new BMW M6 GT3 for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

The new M6 GT3 is the latest high performance GT3 car released from BMW and replaces the hugely successful but aging Z4. Designed with performance and durability in mind, the M6 has already gone on to make it's mark in International GT3 racing in the hands of such teams as the works Schnitzer operation and ROWE Racing.

As part of the new generation GT3 classification of car, the M6 replaces the exceptionally successful Z4 that has raced around the world over the last few years in a wide variety of national and international GT series, not least of which was the ADAC GT Masters also featured within RaceRoom. The M6 GT3 will be the first of the next generation GT3 cars coming to RaceRoom, soon to be joined by the already announced McLaren 650s, Mercedes AMG GT3, Audi R8 LMS and the Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R.

The new car is powered by a 4.4-litre V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology, which has been modified for use in motor racing. The power train has dry sump lubrication and generates up to 585 hp – with the whole car weighing less than 1,300 kilograms.

BMW M6 GT3 Release Trailer:

Dimensions
Length: 4,944 mm
Width: 2,046 mm
Wheelbase: 2,910 mm
Weight: Under 1,250 kg (without driver, depending on regulations)

Engine
Model: Based on the S63 production engine and slightly modified for the specific requirements of motorsport; with M TwinPower turbo technology
Type: V8
Capacity: 4,395 cc
Output: Up to 585 hp (depending on classification)
Oil supply: Oil system, based on dry sump, specifically developed by BMW Motorsport

Chassis
Self-supporting steel chassis
Welded safety cage in line with latest FIA standards
Carbon-fibre crash structure at front and CFRP crash element at rear

The car can be picked up from the RaceRoom Store for £3.47 with immediate effect.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation exclusive to PC. Additional content can be purchased via the RaceRoom Store.

BMW M6 GT3 RaceRoom Racing Experience Released 2.jpg
BMW M6 GT3 RaceRoom Racing Experience Released b.jpg
BMW M6 GT3 RaceRoom Racing Experience Released a.jpg

Don't forget to check out our awesome RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum to stay abreast of all the latest news and discussions regarding the title. Check out our setups forum where you can download a community created car setup, or have a look at our thriving Racing Club for the game, a place where all skill and experience levels are welcomed to come along and enjoy the racing action online with friends.

Have you tried out the BMW M6 GT3 yet? What do you think of the car? Where does the M6 rank in terms of driving feel in comparison to other Sector3 GT3 cars? Let us know in the comments section below!

well, since i got the bmw my game has gone stuttery. it was fine driving on my own in qualy at nords but then come race i had to quit. so tried single player at monza gt3 29 opponents...ran buttery smooth before now stutters. so just tried the audi tt 19 AI at monza junior and same thing.......anyone else had any problems ??

What sort of PC are you running on? My gaming laptop will sometimes accidently go into power saving and therefore causes bad FPS in most games. Then I remember to plug the darn thing in! :laugh:

My other suggestion is to run task manager and just double check that something isn't hogging all your memory or CPU power. There could be an application running that's causing it.

Is this Windows 10? It has a nasty habit of doing impromptu downloads in the background, again causes resources to be stolen from other applications.

Just some suggestions anyway, hope you sort it :thumbsup:

What sort of PC are you running on? My gaming laptop will sometimes accidently go into power saving and therefore causes bad FPS in most games. Then I remember to plug the darn thing in! :laugh:

My other suggestion is to run task manager and just double check that something isn't hogging all your memory or CPU power. There could be an application running that's causing it.

Is this Windows 10? It has a nasty habit of doing impromptu downloads in the background, again causes resources to be stolen from other applications.

Just some suggestions anyway, hope you sort it :thumbsup:
I've a i5-6600 gtx 970 on win 10 and never had any problem before

i already had the latest drivers ...just rolled back to the previous and still same problems
Hmm. Well I'm just a hobbyist but I bet it is win10 updates. A quick search on tinterweb suggests you could try typing Windows Update into the start menu, click Windows Update settings, then in that goto Advanced Options > Choose how updates are delivered > Switch off the slider so it's not sending anything. Apparently that can cause stutters. Just checking my system, again in windows update settings, you can see the update history with dates. If yours updated yesterday too, there's a couple of options there... uninstall updates or recovery options... could explore those. Either a roll back to before the updates, or uninstall them and see if that fixes it. Also failed updates, or if you've switched it off mid-update or something, might cause issues, so maybe even try running win update manually.

Failing that, not sure what to suggest to be honest. Could be all sorts of things from your antivirus or firewall software being overly busy, or a greedy windows process... to heat, power supply issues, hard drive full/knackered... hopefully someone who's had similar issues will show up and help. I'm just a hobbyist but those are the things I'd try first coz in my experience win10 has been a sack of the brown stuff and is probably to blame, but if you're on win7 or 8, pass! Good luck!

*I better add, try these at your own risk... it's just what I'd be trying if it was me if it's affecting more than just 1 game :)

Hmm. Well I'm just a hobbyist but I bet it is win10 updates. A quick search on tinterweb suggests you could try typing Windows Update into the start menu, click Windows Update settings, then in that goto Advanced Options > Choose how updates are delivered > Switch off the slider so it's not sending anything. Apparently that can cause stutters. Just checking my system, again in windows update settings, you can see the update history with dates. If yours updated yesterday too, there's a couple of options there... uninstall updates or recovery options... could explore those. Either a roll back to before the updates, or uninstall them and see if that fixes it. Also failed updates, or if you've switched it off mid-update or something, might cause issues, so maybe even try running win update manually.

Failing that, not sure what to suggest to be honest. Could be all sorts of things from your antivirus or firewall software being overly busy, or a greedy windows process... to heat, power supply issues, hard drive full/knackered... hopefully someone who's had similar issues will show up and help. I'm just a hobbyist but those are the things I'd try first coz in my experience win10 has been a sack of the brown stuff and is probably to blame, but if you're on win7 or 8, pass! Good luck!

*I better add, try these at your own risk... it's just what I'd be trying if it was me if it's affecting more than just 1 game :)
windows last update 23 feb and its been running fine since then...i'm damn sure its my graphics card. even AMS is stuttering and tearing

windows last update 23 feb and its been running fine since then...i'm damn sure its my graphics card. even AMS is stuttering and tearing
Hmm, you have the same card my old man had. As I said, the latest driver, 378 I think it was, fixed the stutters and crashes. Installed without all the extra crap. Tried running both games with vsync enabled to limit the framerate? It could be that you're getting 200 bajillion fps and it's getting a bit toasty.

Hmm, you have the same card my old man had. As I said, the latest driver, 378 I think it was, fixed the stutters and crashes. Installed without all the extra crap. Tried running both games with vsync enabled to limit the framerate? It could be that you're getting 200 bajillion fps and it's getting a bit toasty.
sorry for turning this thread about the amazing BMW into my pc problems help page...just was weird that i got 2 laps around nords with it then this happened when the race was to start. have tried last 3 drivers, checked all my nvidia settings and nothing changes...v-sync or not. there is def a problem. good thing is that i bought from Overclockers and they are gonna check it out and repair it for free !! and if it's the graphics card they would put in a 1060 so thats an upgrade too. i used to build my own pc's in the 00's so i would have been screwed !! sad thing is i'm on hols next week so i had planned to race here every night ...just cancelled my week off till pc is fixed haha. i would have been soooooo bored ....right....gonna shut down this pc and box it up

sorry for turning this thread about the amazing BMW into my pc problems help page...just was weird that i got 2 laps around nords with it then this happened when the race was to start. have tried last 3 drivers, checked all my nvidia settings and nothing changes...v-sync or not. there is def a problem. good thing is that i bought from Overclockers and they are gonna check it out and repair it for free !! and if it's the graphics card they would put in a 1060 so thats an upgrade too. i used to build my own pc's in the 00's so i would have been screwed !! sad thing is i'm on hols next week so i had planned to race here every night ...just cancelled my week off till pc is fixed haha. i would have been soooooo bored ....right....gonna shut down this pc and box it up
Could even be the PSU but yep, let them worry about it and it's a win if you get a new card out of it :D

Think I'm gonna hold fire with the M6 for now. It sounds bloody fantastic with all the pops, rattles and whine though :)

Could even be the PSU but yep, let them worry about it and it's a win if you get a new card out of it :D

Think I'm gonna hold fire with the M6 for now. It sounds bloody fantastic with all the pops, rattles and whine though :)
if you have the GT3 pack it cost me like £1.80 to upgrade the pack and you got all the liveries. worth it. drove like a dream for the 20 mins before my pc buggered up !!

if you have the GT3 pack it cost me like £1.80 to upgrade the pack and you got all the liveries. worth it. drove like a dream for the 20 mins before my pc buggered up !!

Regarding this... does anyone know if the GT3 pack is a one-off buy, like the premium pack, or does it get refreshed each time a new GT3 is released and added to it?

Tried and failed to buy a copy of the car.. So I now own it, but I dont, remaining cost €0.29 and as for the R3E Help Desk? Give me a break, it couldn't even generate a support ticket confirmation.
I guess you bought the car with one livery ? Then it appears as not owned, while it is. The €0.29 is the price for an extra livery.
Bu when hovering your mouse over the car menu, it should show the date you bought the car.

I guess you bought the car with one livery ? Then it appears as not owned, while it is. The €0.29 is the price for an extra livery.
Bu when hovering your mouse over the car menu, it should show the date you bought the car.
Yes it was my mistake. I purchased via the website (signed-in through Steam) but as I didn't have time to play yesterday I never actually checked it in-game. I'm not sure why I found it so confusing. I suggested they create another icon which is a merging of the shooping cart and livery icons so the user then knows that they're purchasing an additional livery and not the vehicle. Just a thought... I didn't experience any issues with the KTM X-Bow or AUDI TT VLN, most likely because I bought them (with a single livery) in-game. And the Formula US (fictional 2015 Indy Chevrolet?) came will all liveries included

Last edited:
Has anyone found the engine sound to be really really quiet on this car? the cabin sounds are louder than the engine by far, all other cars are fine.???

EDIT: Steam integrity check seems to have fixed the issue but i still find the engine volume to be quite low?

Last edited:
Has anyone found the engine sound to be really really quiet on this car? the cabin sounds are louder than the engine by far, all other cars are fine.???

EDIT: Steam integrity check seems to have fixed the issue but i still find the engine volume to be quite low?

It is actually quite a quiet race car. Not sure why, firing order, exhaust layout maybe? But the onboards and certainly when I've seen it at the track it's one of the quieter race cars I've come across. So yeah I would say it's pretty accurate.

It is actually quite a quiet race car. Not sure why, firing order, exhaust layout maybe? But the onboards and certainly when I've seen it at the track it's one of the quieter race cars I've come across. So yeah I would say it's pretty accurate.
Has to be something to do with the twin scroll turbos. Twin scroll systems reduce cylinder and exhaust temperature, affecting exhaust pressure.

Thanks to the Tryout-option i know, that this car would be quite at the bottom of my GTR-Toplist if in it, so maybe i buy it one day for half price, but apart from the Bentley and Camaro i like every other GT3-car more, especially Corvette and Ruf.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%