BMW M6 GT3 coming in 2016

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
BMW M6 GT3 01.jpg

BMW Motorsport has just announced that they will add a new chapter to their success story in GT racing in 2016.

The development of the trusted BMW Z4 GT3 will end and the iconic GT racer will be replaced by the BMW M6 GT3 as their flagship racing car for customers.

In the first quarter of next year the first tests with the M6 Coupé are planned and today we can enjoy the first sketches of the 2016 racing car.

BMW M6 GT3 02.jpg

Under the hood of the BMW M6 GT3 you'll find the BMW M Twin Power Turbo 8-cylinder petrol engine, which features a capacity of 4.4 liters. The engine is familiar from the production model and has been modified specifically for racing.

The chassis is being optimized by hand for the specific demands of the racetrack in the BMW Motorsport workshop in Munich.

For those of you that can't afford such a brand new racing car the M6 will be for sure a great addition to any racing game as well.

Very similar to the Gran Turismo 6 concept then. Shame to see the Z4 go though, one of my favourite GT3 cars.

Very similar to the Gran Turismo 6 concept then. Shame to see the Z4 go though, one of my favourite GT3 cars.
I like the Z4 a lot and it seems to be one of the best handling GT3 cars, but that is usually bad in a BoP category, because they gained weight and lost power, which makes it hard to race any other cars.
Best concept for a GT3 is an easy car on the limit with limited midncorner speeds, so you dont loose as much power in terms of BoP. Maybe they can achieve it with the M6.

well, first time when I read the article in sportscar365 I think why they run M6 not run M4 on GT3 2016. Speak on design I just more like M4 than M6 :p M6 body just too big for Me, nah hopefully they can make the car to be a beast :D

When I first heard the news, I was kinda mad and sad. I loved the Z4, it was an awesome looking and handling car. But in the last 12 hours since I heard about this, the M6 is growing on me. I also like the idea of the 4.4 liter V8 with twin turbos, maybe NASCAR or IndyCar could look into changing to similar regulations :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%