rF2 BMW M4 Class 1 DTM @ Oschersleben - Fri 09 July 2021 *CANCELLED*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
fVPa10P.jpg
A short while ago, Studio 397 released a BMW M4 Class 1 car, or as we know it, DTM. This is an amazing car in rFactor 2, and even better, it's free! So we need to pair it with a fine free track as well. And as always @DIGGA and his friends have some goodies made. Now, it was quite hard to find a track that had functioning DRS... But it was found in Oschersleben. A track that hasn't been on the DTM Calendar since 2015, but which was used with the Class 1 rules.
It's slightly tight, but it still provides tight racing!

Eligibility:
You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and TeamSpeak, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password]
[
RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM M4DTM

Car(s):

Track: Oschersleben [STEAM]
Layout: Car
Track Temperature:
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared)
Start Type: Standing Start.
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time / Weather: Day - Weather: Forecast
ABS/TC: Factory Defaults

Schedule: (EU) Friday 09 July 2021
Practice: 19:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC (5 minutes - PRIVATE - Superpole)
Warm Up: 19:25 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:30 UTC (25 minutes)

Warm Up 2: 20:00 UTC
Race 2: 20:05 UTC (25 minutes - Reverse grid from Q)

Oschersleben07.2fc4b70371df376affb9e7fe15caa1be.png

DRIVER LIST

1. Ole Marius Myrvold
  2. Roy Magnes
  3. Michael Rudolf
  4. Jan Larsen
  5. Herlev
  6. Free Spot
  7. Free Spot
  8. Free Spot
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot

utp: #10 OMM

SERVER IS UP!

In please :)

Yuup!

In, love DTM :)

RFS - Rear Flap System! - they really call it that? Thats like calling a steering wheel 'round thing turn car system'....:roflmao:

Also, no standing start? Do these thing not have launch control? They do in R3E.

They don't have launch control in rF2, but I have set the server up for standing starts. Just forgot to change it in the thread!

And yes, they have the "Front Flap System" and "Rear Flap System" in rF2. It even says during lap 2, when we come up to the first DRS-zone "Rear Flap System Enabled"!

Final race before 2 weeks summer holiday where I won't be able to race.
In of course :thumbsup:

Holiday, pffffrt!
You're in! :)

Ehm, word of warning. This is a challenging car to drive, make sure you practice, otherwise you wont have a good time.

@Ole Marius Myrvold have you tried this in the wet with the real weather? I just tried it in the rain on the server and the car is pretty much undrivable if the track gets soaked. A springle is fine, but heavy rain is...difficult. Imagine uncurable understeer at 60kph in T3.

Last edited:
Ehm, word of warning. This is a challenging car to drive, make sure you practice, otherwise you wont have a good time.

@Ole Marius Myrvold have you tried this in the wet with the real weather? I just tried it in the rain on the server and the car is pretty much undrivable if the track gets soaked. A springle is fine, but heavy rain is...difficult. Imagine uncurable understeer at 60kph in T3.

I found the car pretty nice to drive... in the dry.

I haven't tested it in the rain, no. Should I? :p

Yep its fine in the dry, just a bit throttle happy :)

Probably should test it yeah. The weather looks great but man the car is a handful - total and utter cronic understeer.

I'm staying in the Country, so a sunburn is not that likely. But I can drink a cold beer for you instead :whistling:
We'll pick it up again after summer, have a good one :thumbsup:
Pffrt. I manage to get red in Norway (and then white, and then red, then white again - almost sounds like my body is trying to pretend to be Danish...) :p
Also, I don't drink alcohol, so no matter how many beers, snaps or gammel dansk you take, you'll take one for someone other than me :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 119 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%