BMW M3 GT2 @ Spa-Francorchamps

After doing more testing than mclaren in Jerez (49 laps in prac + online race), i have finally got the right pressure :)

PBs: SuperSofts: 2:16.9
Medium: 2:18.2
TRC + ABS: OFF

hope you can race those ferraris now :)

Attachments

• qf.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 6,525
thanks you for your setup Psycho! your driving is amazing.
I've a question after watch your video. How is possible that you don't lock the wheels when you press 100% the brake pedal at the beginning? When I do the same I instantly lock the wheels. Any tip about what Im doing wrong? I'm learning how to play without ABS... and I usually brake at 50% of pedal strength more or less (G27).
Thanks you anyway for the amazing setup!

How is possible that you don't lock the wheels when you press 100% the brake pedal at the beginning? When I do the same I instantly lock the wheels. Any tip about what Im doing wrong? I'm learning how to play without ABS... and I usually brake at 50% of pedal strength more or less (G27).
Thanks you anyway for the amazing setup!

on high speeds you can brake full force for the first few meters because you got more grip thanks too the aerodynamics, but as you slow down you have to release the brake pedal in order not to look up :)

Thank you so much @Psycho333 for this awesome setup, and all the help you have given in this thread!

M3 GT2 @ Spa is one of my favourite combos, and I have been practising it a lot. For the last month or so I have been using your setup, and it definitely helped me out. And it's awesome that you've now posted an updated setup for AC 1.0.

I wonder, could I ask you to do one more thing? You already provided a video that was really useful, and I have studied it a lot. But do you think you might have time to also post an AC replay?

I am sorry if I am asking too much, after you already helped a lot. But personally I would find it so useful if I could see a replay of your driving. I am practising this circuit a lot, but I am still in the 2:22 - 2:23 range, and I would really like to take at least a couple more seconds off my time.

The big difference between a replay and a video is that with a replay, I can load it in game, and then run any AC app to show me everything that you are doing. I can access all the telemetry, and it is really easy for me to go super-slow through your lap(s) to see exactly what you are doing at every (milli-)second. I did that somewhat with the video, but it was sometimes hard to do via Youtube, and I had to judge things like steering angle from the virtual steering wheel, where via an AC replay I could see it much more accurately. And of course the replay also lets me flip through different camera angles.

I do understand if this is too much to ask! But if you already have a replay of a fast time, or have 15 minutes to record one, I would be so grateful! :) It doesn't have to be your fastest time, anything in the 2:16 or 2:17 range would be a huge improvement over what I can do.

(Note that the file sizes are not too huge - e.g. a 20MB AC replay file will RAR down to 7MB, which can be uploaded to this forum no problem, I think.)

Either way, thanks again for the great setup and all your help so far in this thread! And you're an awesome driver :) (Ever thought of getting a wheel/pedals, for the full experience? :) )

Last edited:
Hey guys,
here is a setup i made on the fly on an online server.
(I am no pro in setting up cars certainly so there should be room for improvement)

PB (in race 10 laps): 2:16:6xx
constantly lapping in low 2:17 without problems

Setup with correct tyre pressure values is on page 2
these are old laptimes!!
this is a stupid question, but , wheres the download link?

This car is definately much harder to achieve good times than Ferrari or Corvette. Did some laps today & added my set as attachement which was good enough for 2.16.080, probably even can go to 2.15 with it as lap wasnt really that perfect. Its mainly hotlap set & quite tricky to drive, so probably wont work too well for races.

Here is the lap done with set :

Attachments

• m3 gt spa.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 2,708
Last edited:
current WR set 2.15.782. I think low 2.15s can be done

It's almost a default setup I only changed : camber, toe, ride height, wings and tyres.

I always had trouble understanding the BMW GT cars...learned a lot watching joni's video. The cars seem to lack front end grip but it's only at turn in. Once the weight is transferred to either side the front end responds really well and can take a lot of abuse without upsetting the car too much.

I don't do videos but here's the AC replay
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bl14t4agm9dvpiz/bmw_m3_gt2_spa_6-4-115-10-42-27?dl=0

Attachments

• Q1_M3GT2basephil.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,885
Last edited:

New WR here - 2:15.416. Was done on a public server and I can't remember if it was my own setup or a setup from a previous build on this thread but I remember doing alot of tinkering with this in the last few days. Essentially it's the race car with just 7L and Supersofts.

Setup here -

Attachments

• BMW M3 GT2 Q1 Hotlap (20 4 2015).ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 2,773
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back