BMW M3 GT2 - ROAL Motorsport 2013

Skins BMW M3 GT2 - ROAL Motorsport 2013 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content

Ricoow

Premium
Ricardo Umans submitted a new resource:

BMW M3 GT2 - ROAL Motorsport 2013 - WTCC - #15 Tom Coronel

Tom Coronel's 2013 WTCC Livery from his BMW now for Assetto Corsa!
The Dutchman famous for his "Eat my dust!" phrase can now be part of your game!

I've been busy for about 4 hours today crafting this vehicle and in the end it is almost a copy of the original car with hires textures.
There is some slight work to do on the front bumper and on the number plate on the door. This will be fixed in the future along with the addition of the Yokohama Advan tyre livery as used in WTCC 2013.

Current...

Read more about this resource...

A few thoughts for improvement of a great mod:

The colors are close but could be a little closer. The red lacks some blue, the blue has too much violet and so forth. Also, color saturation and brightness could be adjusted darker for both, the blue is particularly light.

http://www.toolspecial.com/assets/i...coronel-slowakije-overwinning-wtcc-sfeer2.jpg

I'd also add a bucket load more logos, but you seem already inclined to do that. Cool project, can't wait for the release. :)

I've used this particular one for the colors, copied them with the pipet :p
http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01671/coronel1_1671808a.jpg

As you can see I have most of the logos from this example, although the front bumper still needs some work
I could reconsider the logo's though :)
Colors will be a bit more difficult as I can not undo that far back to get all the logo's of my image ;)

Edit: Tried to recolor the blue to a slightly darker version, but AC also makes it look quite bright. I can change the yellow to a bit more orange without problems though, just as I can darken the red in the car. Recoloring all Blue just destroys the Anti-Aliasing on the McGregor logo's too much and does not give your desired result either.

Last edited:
Because AC makes colors look brighter, you darken them a lot :)

Just a quick mockup, this is much closer:
Showroom_bmw_m3_gt2_13-5-2014-14-9-54.jpg

Do you float your logos above the paint layer? I don't use any logos that require the bottom layer to be a certain color in order to appear correct. Using SVGs, they are independent of paint layers and look the same when you go back and edit. Also, if you float your logos above paint, changing color should not effect AA of the logo.

Just curious, do you put your logos above or below your paint layer?

Last edited:
Above ofcourse, but GIMP can only export one layer so I had to merge them all. Have no file in which I have not merged the layers...

If it is only the McGregor logo which gets ugly because of no AA I could change it manually. Will take a look at that tomorrow.
Expect Red and Yellow to receive changes though ;)

Took a look before working and it seems I can stick to replacing the McGregor logo's when I recolor the blue.
I also need to enlarge the equinix logo a bit IMO

dggpip.png

WIP Photo for v1.1
Darker colours, new McGREGOR near the headlight and better number plate on the side. Also the Equinix logo is now enlarged.

Edit; V1.1 will be delayed, I am experiencing BSoD's while skinning...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back