BMW m3 e92 with M57 35d Diesel tuned (2 version)

Cars BMW m3 e92 with M57 35d Diesel tuned (2 version) Diesel Tachometer + fixes

Login or Register an account to download this content
robnitro submitted a new resource:

BMW m3 e92 with M57 35d Diesel tuned (2 version) - BMW m3 with an engine swap, diesel M57 Diesel

M3 e92 with engine swap from my favorite BMW engine so far, the M57 3.0 Liter diesel.
Search youtube 335d drag or dyno to see how much power these engines can make!
They are torque monsters with almost no turbo lag and a very flat HP curve.
The stock trans is a ZF 6HP which is easily tuned by XHP Flashtool to shift as fast as current day DCT's.

M57 335d diesel engine from e90 series.
Tune 1- JR Stage 2.8 with stock turbos and upgraded intercooler
374 whp/ 607 ft lbs (822 Nm)

Tune 2- JR...

Read more about this resource...

Screenshot_bmw_m3_e92_diesel-s2.8_ks_silverstone_12-6-119-22-32-13.jpg

Hy, i made a new skin for the revband , also changed the behavior and the herz rate of the rev limiter (more like a diesel , doesnt bounce anymore) and the visual rev limit matches the data now, contact me if you interested in this files , i give you a drive link then , like the idea of the car , doesnt driven it much yet ,but i think a new sfx would be nice ,its ok for now , but maybe someone got the skills, time and interest to do that .
greetings from germany

Yeah I didn't think about the limiter.
Cool graphics, I don't know how the e9x diesel looks, I have an e70 35d. Sfx another thing I wouldn't be able to do much about, but if you watch the real life video, it does sound like a normal BMW i6 but different at idle.
My friend didn't know my e70 was a diesel until I opened the windows!
I drove his e60 530xi and shifted at 5k and it sounded close to my diesel, that i6 smoothness. On the other hand my last car, a VW mk4 TDI, was much rougher sounding than a normal gas i4. Probably because it was still using a rotary injection pump with mechanical injectors.

Is there a way for me to let you upload your modded files, or if you want I can update it. The dash is very cool, even though I drive hood mode, a lot of people like the dash view!

hey , sorry for that late responding , wasnt at home over the weekend . you can guess by my name , i didnt know the password, or the name :laugh:

youre right , in the video it sound almost the same .
its okay for now , but need some improvments to get that diesel feeling . i had an e46 320d , it was an very fun car ,came with an aftermarket bov, lot of spooling and blow off noises , however 6 cyl are much smoother , but its should sound more damp and a bit rougher .
which sound did you use ? is it the original ?
i watched a few tutorials , but i got no skills the f mod, i know how it works , but it took too much time for me to do that .
in theory : start with original sound , modify it with an equilizer to make it more damp /rough, get another idle sound (you can record it yourself,on your own car ),and add a bit spooling ,bov noise ,that should sound more like a diesel then .
my improvments made it far more immersive anyway , but if someone could do that would top it off
i send you a pn with the file links :thumbsup:

I can't edit sound either, but I think you are mistaken at how these cars sound. I owned a VW TDI and even with a VNT17 turbo you could barely hear it. It sometimes made a "PEEEW" if I build up boost at low rpm and lift off (momentary turbo surge/flutter)- a bad thing actually.

You can't hear a tuned gas 335i either... these modern turbo systems are silent UNLESS you go crazy and change the turbos or cut out the exhaust haha.

There is no BOV noise or spooling in my car and none in the video which is a stage 2.8 tune.
Diesels usually don't have BOV's... Whoever put the BOV didn't understand the point of a BOV, which in a gasser is there to not kill the turbo when you close throttle. Diesel- no throttle- it's always flowing air. In some cases if you run an oversized turbo and want to prevent bark which is surge on lift off you can do BOV or a recirculation system.

okay youre right , just watched a few videos , i doesnt knew that . i drove the car a bit and made some more improvments , the link i send you is obsolete. i changend the shifting a bit , shifts a bit slower and doesnt blip the gas anymore on downshifts, sounds and feels very dieselish now , no need for a sound mod anymore i think .

There is downshift blip on XHP flash tune. Some guy in Germany cracked the ZF automatic transmission so it shifts as fast as DCT/DSG :)
But I will put the update because the dash is beautiful! I was going to make a diesel Audi R8

The R8 had a concept car with the v12 6L diesel engine from lemans
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_R8_Le_Mans_Concept
The same engine with less power was in the audi q7... this guy also says it doesnt sound like a diesel at around 1 minute. It sounds similar to the bmw i6, because v12 is basically 2 inline 6, with same firing order but x2.

There is downshift blip on XHP flash tune. Some guy in Germany cracked the ZF automatic transmission so it shifts as fast as DCT/DSG :)

the gear up change on stage2.8 is 190ms and on stage4 140ms ,i didnt research much ,but i think this is realistic , zf says on their website a few hundret ms .
watched many videos but i never saw downshift blip , its useless anyway on a diesel ? like a blow off :whistling:

Thanks again for the update!
I agree on the shifting. They found even with the 35i turbo gas engines too fast shifts can cause detonation! Also if you are shifting too fast, the engine mounts and the input shaft get huge amount of force like if you let go of clutch too fast on manual- feels like kick in the ass :)

The only thing they seem to say helps is the rev matching on downshift for the race track. But for normal driving not needed!
https://www.xhpflashtool.com Is the website... if you are interested for ZF 6hp or 8hp transmission in BMW
335d Sedan Stage 3

The Stage 3 cal raises the bar in every aspect. In D mode only slightly firmer to the Stage 2 Cal, a switch to S or M mode transforms your transmission. Shift times are cut to a minimum and sacrifice shift comfort in favor of pure speed. On downshifts you will experience rev-matching for the first time in Diesel BMWs. Rev-Limiters are removed in every gear, to put the driver in total control. The Race cal offers a true Manual mode for the first time in non BMW - M vehicles. Torque Limiters are upped to 1000 Nm, to leave room for advanced engine tuning. If you drift your vehicle, visit race tracks, or just love being in control, this is the map of choice.

I can't edit sound either, but I think you are mistaken at how these cars sound. I owned a VW TDI and even with a VNT17 turbo you could barely hear it. It sometimes made a "PEEEW" if I build up boost at low rpm and lift off (momentary turbo surge/flutter)- a bad thing actually.

You can't hear a tuned gas 335i either... these modern turbo systems are silent UNLESS you go crazy and change the turbos or cut out the exhaust haha.

There is no BOV noise or spooling in my car and none in the video which is a stage 2.8 tune.
Diesels usually don't have BOV's... Whoever put the BOV didn't understand the point of a BOV, which in a gasser is there to not kill the turbo when you close throttle. Diesel- no throttle- it's always flowing air. In some cases if you run an oversized turbo and want to prevent bark which is surge on lift off you can do BOV or a recirculation system.
old thread i know but i was bored ,having owned a e60 530d m57 d30(pre lci came with no dpf) they do make a Bov like sound ,the 535d didnt sound the same and my current car (e92 335i) you can hear the turbos and BOV with stock exhaust system (running MHD stage 1+)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 300 13.3%