AC BMW M3 E30 Group A @ Nurburgring-Sprint - Fri 5th September 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That was a real fun race! Was great to be able to stick it out with @Kevin Hagendoorn and @Sun Levi for a few laps. Gutted when I slipped a bit and let @Harry Platt in front of me, then stupid internet lag meant that I all of a sudden hit him out of nowhere dropping me back to 6th. Happened to someone else didn't it?

I wondered what happened there. Such a shame, would have been a great race to the end.

Anyone now how it is possible to be 1.5 seconds faster on worn medium tires with half a tank, than fresh softs and 10L? Don't know how, but somehow I was.

Overall great race. Absolute hoot!

Hmm probably a combination of that and I settled into the car a little more. I fought with it too much in quail. Even in the early stages of the race than I was still faster than my quali laps.

Yeah, you'll find that you tend to go quicker in the race because of a few factors, like getting more comfortable with how to drive the car, getting into a bit of a rhythm and the track rubbering in.

This was a really fun combo for racing. :)

Managed to get tangled up in another lap 1 incident, which is the norm for Friday races at this point :p

Had to make my way through the field again which was fun. Had a few decent wheel to wheel battles along the way. The car felt really good in race trim on medium tyres pretty much from the get go, and I was setting some decent times. Very nearly broke the 1:40 late in the race!

Thanks for the race once again. :)

@Chris Stacey
I have had some time to do testing at Mid Ohio with Chicane (cause I am not racing tonight)

just for the hell of it I used x to obscure the actual time.

Lotus Evora GTC 1:2x.763
Lotus Evora GX 1:2(x+1).299
Corvette C6R 1:2(x-1).301
Kutch 200SL 1:2x.974

Do the algebra... could be fun close racing

@Chris Stacey
I have had some time to do testing at Mid Ohio with Chicane (cause I am not racing tonight)

just for the hell of it I used x to obscure the actual time.

Lotus Evora GTC 1:2x.763
Lotus Evora GX 1:2(x+1).299
Corvette C6R 1:2(x-1).301
Kutch 200SL 1:2x.974

Do the algebra... could be fun close racing
Yeah I was planning on running the Kutch @ Mid-Ohio next w/e. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back