AC BMW M3 E30 DTM @ Spa-Francorchamps - Friday 7th Nov. 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great combo. I certainly prefer these types of cars to open wheelers, it's always more fun to use the H shifter :D

Had a good race, initially with pressure from @Jeremy Talbot behind me, and then @Matthew Bailey. Thought I might be able to hold him off, but couldn't quite figure out the car with light fuel & worn tires. Somehow got through all but the final lap without a missed gear. Was using the technique of dropping from 6th > 4th > 2nd for Les Combes and the Bus Stop.

Thanks as always @Chris Stacey & RD for the fun :thumbsup:

That was great fun!
Thanks for coming guys :) That last lap was epic @Justin Talent

Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_spa_7-11-2014-19-15-27.jpg

2014-11-07_00001.jpg

2014-11-07_00002.jpg

2014-11-07_00003.jpg

Last lap battle with Chris is all I shall mention here, rest of the race is one I'd rather forget :p

was having a fun race until the final 2 laps , my crunching gear changes took its toll and ended up with the gearbox going missing bit by bit until finally i had no drive and could not get it over the line with 20 yards to go , and jeremy did not even give me a push lol,cheers to micheal and chris they were both real quick and well done matthew and cheers to chris and tony again

Ahh, I knew you had some sort of prob, your normally a couple of seconds a lap quicker than me.
i just had a look at the replay and my gear changes were fairly smooth compared to chris innes he was thrashing it , i had to change over shifters yesterday so went back to the g27 and sent the faulty fanatec back to fanatec AGAIN , i will have a bit of a squizz at the g27 as its a few years old might be knackered , but i do remember the red warning sign for the gearbox coming up

Thanks to the organisers once again. Really enjoying being able to get through corners without being used a brake marker - clean rooms are so hard to find. That car was a handful, but good fun. Was a fun tussle early on with Liviu Tiron, but I think he d/c'd. After that tracked down @Noel Spence and had some great wheel to wheel fun. @Michael Young was struggling with tyres, but still had the widest E30 in history. When I finally got the move done a T1 I managed to spin into the wall at Pouhon.

Back to 3rd, but found Noel quickly due to his tyres being shot. Apologies about the tap through the bus stop Noel, but your car seemed to turn into the corner and then not go anywhere, I was off the accelerator and rolled into you. Anyway sorry again, after redressing it was a bit of a lonely run to the line. Well done again to Michael. Look forward to the next one.

As for the gears, my shifter is a bit buggered, it doesn't work on AC so I used the paddles. Still used the clutch, but didn't realise it gave me an advantage to use the paddles. I am about to get a new one and I liked the look of the fanatec shifter, but have you had problems with it Noel??

Thanks to the organisers once again. Really enjoying being able to get through corners without being used a brake marker - clean rooms are so hard to find. That car was a handful, but good fun. Was a fun tussle early on with Liviu Tiron, but I think he d/c'd. After that tracked down @Noel Spence and had some great wheel to wheel fun. @Michael Young was struggling with tyres, but still had the widest E30 in history. When I finally got the move done a T1 I managed to spin into the wall at Pouhon.yes chris you probably did not have to stop for me as i hit that inside curb and it spun me back into you , so cheers for being a gentleman.As for the fanatec shifter its the second time i have had trouble with it ,the construction is superb but the forgot one little thing the wiring connections inside them are as flimsy as hell ,so when you shift this wiring is constantly moving and it basically breaks the wire or brakes the connection off the little pcb board and there are 2 of these hopefully they have made some upgrades to there wiring ,i will wait and see if they send it back to me

Back to 3rd, but found Noel quickly due to his tyres being shot. Apologies about the tap through the bus stop Noel, but your car seemed to turn into the corner and then not go anywhere, I was off the accelerator and rolled into you. Anyway sorry again, after redressing it was a bit of a lonely run to the line. Well done again to Michael. Look forward to the next one.

As for the gears, my shifter is a bit buggered, it doesn't work on AC so I used the paddles. Still used the clutch, but didn't realise it gave me an advantage to use the paddles. I am about to get a new one and I liked the look of the fanatec shifter, but have you had problems with it Noel??

@Tony Binelli and I both use the Thrustmaster TH8RS.
It's not quite as good as the big fanatec one, but it's very nice, sturdy and reliable, and cheaper too :)

That's the one I currently use... have sent it back once and they told me it was fine. Seemed to work ok again, but after about a week it was back to it's old tricks. For a while I could still use the sequential setup, but that doesn't work now either. Thing is it seems to work OK when you load up the thrustmaster software, but in game, nothing. Won't even work on the PS3.

Thanks for the replies guys, food for thought.

Thanks to the organisers once again. Really enjoying being able to get through corners without being used a brake marker - clean rooms are so hard to find. That car was a handful, but good fun. Was a fun tussle early on with Liviu Tiron, but I think he d/c'd. After that tracked down @Noel Spence and had some great wheel to wheel fun. @Michael Young was struggling with tyres, but still had the widest E30 in history. When I finally got the move done a T1 I managed to spin into the wall at Pouhon.

S4200315.JPG
here is what i had to do to keep my wheel going ,i replaced the motors with 2 GERMAN motors , i ran two air tubes through the front of the motors which is cooled by a pond pump , and i also left the back off for extra cooling they only get a little bit warm ,and they are as strong as an ox , there was no way in hell i was going to pay another 700 bucks for something i should have got first up

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing