AC BMW M3 E30 DTM @ Silverstone - Thu 5 June 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
:mad: too many mistakes again. Could hold the pace at the beginning but then got some stupid 5 sec penalties and was at the end again :-( but the beginning was great want more of that! can somebody whom I was holding back at the beginning tell me maybe my biggest "pace-killers"? ;-)

Hard tyres here too for the race, they weren't much slower then mediums and didn't lose pace as much towards the end.

...can somebody whom I was holding back at the beginning tell me maybe my biggest "pace-killers"? ;-)

I just had a look at the replay Christoph, and I don't think there is one place where you lose a chunk of time, to me it seems like a lot of little things that end up making a big difference laptime wise. What I could see is that you're not aggressive enough midcorner with the line, you give away precious space on the inside which makes the corner radius larger.

So try to get more towards the inside, making less way and also getting a higher average corner speed. The default setup is also pretty understeery (if you're using that), a few little tweaks with the gearbox and toe help the car a lot.

thank you very much Kevin! very nice of you to analyze my replay! indee using default not much time and knowledge to mess around with that :-( what you do with the gearbox? I immediately noticed that people were accelerating much better out of the turns but I was too afraid of spinning out so that I was maybe too gentle onthethrottle...?

I think that also has to do with the default set, if the car "pulls" into corners easier it's also possible to be on the throttle much earlier.

Attached my race set, I do like my car oversteery so you may need to give it a click more rear wing or go a little closer to default gearbox. I'm no setup guru either, I just fiddle and with trial and error I get something drivable in the end. (some may not call it that but hey, it works for my driving style) :D

Attachments

• race.ini
    1 KB · Views: 294
Hard tyres here too for the race, they weren't much slower then mediums and didn't lose pace as much towards the end.

I just had a look at the replay Christoph, and I don't think there is one place where you lose a chunk of time, to me it seems like a lot of little things that end up making a big difference laptime wise. What I could see is that you're not aggressive enough midcorner with the line, you give away precious space on the inside which makes the corner radius larger.

So try to get more towards the inside, making less way and also getting a higher average corner speed. The default setup is also pretty understeery (if you're using that), a few little tweaks with the gearbox and toe help the car a lot.
I wonder if you could share your setup, havent got much experience in this car,tried to set it up but im not sure i did correct changes to it during practice session.

Edit: seems i got ninja'd. Thanks.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 422 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 282 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 276 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.6%
  • < 5 years