AC BMW M3 E30 DTM @ Gentrack1 - Sun 3rd August 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Tonight just wasn't my night, couldn't put in a decent time. Then in the race I was having trouble with my gears, apparently my shifter doesn't like 3rd much?! Anyway sorry guys (especially Gabriel), the gear 2 was lethal.. Have fun :)

Tonight just wasn't my night, couldn't put in a decent time. Then in the race I was having trouble with my gears, apparently my shifter doesn't like 3rd much?! Anyway sorry guys (especially Gabriel), the gear 2 was lethal.. Have fun :)
No problem, man! Looking back, it was a risky maneuver from me to go up the inside there and I definitely ran the risk of you not seeing me and just turning in which happened in the end. So I am not innocent either. Sorry to see you didn't finish the race because the rest of the race turned out to be really fun!

As @Olly Stevenson said, we had good fun racing each other, really intense fighting for tenths. In the end, a mistake by me taking a bit of grass decided it. Good race!

Nice race guys! I started from the 1st place and I was very surprised by the fact that I didn't go straight to the grass at the first corner, as I usually do!

The last laps were quite hard trying to maintain my gap from @Jamie Barclay .

On a side note, besides the fact that we get together and have fun with the club events, we also gain valuable racing experience too. Don't get intimidated if you think you are off pace. The only way to get better at racing is to race!

@Akis Kevrekidis

Regarding conversation at the end of this race. I spent some time with the F1 Mclaren and GP2.

I think they are both fine for having a club race with. They both drive very well (and are extremely fun )The baseline setups are good and stable too. Just a couple of issues to be aware of:

In the F1, if you have the "basic" app running, the game will crash if you go into 8th gear. This is solved by just turning that app off. All other apps are fine with it, and it does come with a cool F1 HUD app too.

As I mentioned before, the GP2 only has a soft tyres option. They lasted about 9 laps of Nurburgring, so the "tyre wear" server option would need to be lowered to let us have a 30 minute race in this car. I cant find any info about if/when more tyre options will be added

quali went great, got 4th (found ~0.7 sec. at last try, huh?)

race started good too, was 3rd till 8th lap with jamie in my slipstream all the time, but then... crashed hard in that last whatever (is it even a chicane?) and had to let everyone pass. completely lost my rhythm and had 2 more bad laps. that was too much time i lost, couldnt close the gap anymore as nearly all on track had quite the same laptimes. 2 or 3 quit, so i came last of the finishers.

well, was good fun till that crash. congratulations to akis and jamie, looks like you two were the only ones without a big mistake and of course to henri who fought his way back to podium.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back