AC BMW M235i Racing @ Nurburgring Nordschlife - Wednesday May 29 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
file.php

Please reply in this thread and come join us this Wednesday 5/29 for some fun club racing!

Our goal is to put fun first and competition second, there are plenty of places to compete but this venue will serve members who are looking for a community that is focused on fun clean racing.

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also be using your FULL REAL NAME in any of the RD servers, on Teamspeak, in Assetto Corsa and on this board.

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY )

To Join the team speak just Click "teamspeak" in the blue bar at the top of this page, join the assetto corsa chat channel once in TS.

Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC MOD content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Race Hard But Race Fair - RESPECT Your Fellow Driver. If you bump someone off slow and wait for them this is the "golden rule" of race department events.

Practice Server:
RaceDepartment.com US Practice WED

Race Server:

RaceDepartment.com US Race WED

To find servers search "racedepartment"

Car:
DLC DREAM PACK IS REQUIRED BMW M235i racing

Track: Nurburgring Nordschlife
Track Temps: 26c
Track Conditions: Mid Clear

Pitstop: None
Driving Assists: ABS / Traction Control
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Fuel consumption = 100%
Tire consumption = 100%
Damage rate =20%
Tire blankets = on

Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7B Download
Highly Recommended App For VR
: Top/Center Flags Download

Schedule (US): Wednesday 5/29
Race#1 Nurburgring Nordschlife
Practice: 21:00 EST (10 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:10 EST (2 laps)
Race: 21:25 EST (3 laps)

Race#2 Nurburgring Nordschlife (random grid)
Race: 21:50 EST (3 laps)

2tpJwAM.jpg

Here is a quick video from our GT 4 event a few weeks back. We will be racing the GT4 class on the 1st wednesday of the month going forward so come check back in for that.

Entry List :
  1. scottiedawg66
  2. Free slot
  3. Free slot
  4. Free slot
  5. Free slot
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
***tagging previous participants***
    1. DingoStarr
    2. Keith_G
    3. Thegodfather6571
    4. Jivesauce
    5. churchlady
    6. JAMES L THURSTON
    7. newbert
    8. bo1210
    9. Douglas Garcia
    10. JBaeumle
    1. johndough247
    2. DingoStarr
    3. Keith_G
    4. Thegodfather6571
    5. Jivesauce
    6. JAMES L THURSTON
    7. newbert
    8. bo1210
    9. Douglas Garcia
    10. JBaeumle
    11. johndough247
    12. @Bobby Pennington

Yikes, do you all know the track already? I haven't gotten around to learning the Nordschleife yet, do you think it is even possible for me to do so in 5 days with limited practice time?

Yikes, do you all know the track already? I haven't gotten around to learning the Nordschleife yet, do you think it is even possible for me to do so in 5 days with limited practice time?

My reaction as well. I'm lucky to get a clean hot lap there.

On the bright side, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get lapped in a 20 minute race. ;)

Hahahahaha
Let's do it!

With few drivers on the track, it could be kind of hard to mantain we all together, what should be boring. But let's try and see what happens... I liked!

I have to learn the track also. Never made more than three laps in a shot there.

By the way, I don't know if it's off topic, but I like some tracks, and Scott always ask if someone has a tip, so...

Daytona Raceway
Paul Ricard
Road America
Brno
Anderstorp
Orschersleben
Estoril
Magny Cours
Interlagos
Londrina

I know we haven't some of them here on RD. Those are just some good memories.

Thanks Scott. Please, sign me in if this is really going to happen!

we have pretty much exhausted the factory kunos track list, so we have to check the ring off the list! Its the last race of the month where we tend to do more challenging content.

Dont try to learn the ring all at once. Drive it like a rally stage (aka not flat out) and start to note the dangerous areas as you practice. you will never learn it without doing it ;)

we have pretty much exhausted the factory kunos track list, so we have to check the ring off the list! Its the last race of the month where we tend to do more challenging content.

Dont try to learn the ring all at once. Drive it like a rally stage (aka not flat out) and start to note the dangerous areas as you practice. you will never learn it without doing it ;)

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, I'm all for the Ring! I'm just not sure I'll have time to learn it myself by Wednesday (family in town this weekend). I'll wait to commit until I see how I'm doing, but even if I don't make it this time I'll make an effort to learn it for next time.

Edit: Oh and if we're talking about tracks, check out Putnam Park. It's a complete hometown pick by me, but I think it's a genuinely fun track with a lower power momentum car.

Scott, FWIW, if we've exhausted the Kunos track list, have you ever tried Sveg? It's a free download here on RD. I think that it's a semi-fantasy track, but seems to have a good mix of corners, etc. I've only had it a few days, but I enjoy it.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, I'm all for the Ring! I'm just not sure I'll have time to learn it myself by Wednesday (family in town this weekend). I'll wait to commit until I see how I'm doing, but even if I don't make it this time I'll make an effort to learn it for next time.

Edit: Oh and if we're talking about tracks, check out Putnam Park. It's a complete hometown pick by me, but I think it's a genuinely fun track with a lower power momentum car.
Hey Colin, a priceless 'Ring guide here for you here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/basic-nordschleife-guide-wip.168525/. The amazing Mr @RasmusP put this together for us a couple of weeks ago - split into sections, commentary, videos.... and bloody good fun too:D You'll be hooked..,.,

Sorry I'm late, but I'm definitely in! Come on people...it's really not that hard to memorise...my suggestion (not very realistic but whatever) is to practice in a fast car with damage off and learn it in chunks at a time.

Hahahahaha
Let's do it!

With few drivers on the track, it could be kind of hard to mantain we all together, what should be boring. But let's try and see what happens... I liked!

I have to learn the track also. Never made more than three laps in a shot there.

By the way, I don't know if it's off topic, but I like some tracks, and Scott always ask if someone has a tip, so...

Daytona Raceway
Paul Ricard
Road America
Brno
Anderstorp
Orschersleben
Estoril
Magny Cours
Interlagos
Londrina

I know we haven't some of them here on RD. Those are just some good memories.

Thanks Scott. Please, sign me in if this is really going to happen!

I like Daytona (the road course), Paul Ricard and Interlagos of those you've listed. :thumbsup:

[QUOTE = "scottiedawg66, post: 2976233, membro: 527942"]
file.php

Per favore rispondi in questo thread e vieni con noi questo mercoledì 5/29 per alcune corse divertenti!

Il nostro obiettivo è quello di mettere il divertimento al primo posto e la competizione al secondo posto, ci sono molti posti dove gareggiare, ma questo locale servirà i membri che sono alla ricerca di una community che si concentri su corse divertenti e pulite.

Idoneità: devi essere un membro PREMIUM. Devi anche usare il tuo NOME FULL REAL in uno qualsiasi dei server RD, su Teamspeak, in Assetto Corsa e su questa bacheca.

Unisciti a noi: non è ancora un membro premium ma è interessato a correre con il nostro gruppo di piloti amichevoli? Clicca qui per maggiori informazioni e scopri come puoi partecipare.

Password server e Teamspeak: clicca qui (TEAMSPEAK IS OBBLIGATORIO)

To Join the team speak just Click "teamspeak" in the blue bar at the top of this page, join the assetto corsa chat channel once in TS.

Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC MOD content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Race Hard But Race Fair - RESPECT Your Fellow Driver. If you bump someone off slow and wait for them this is the "golden rule" of race department events.

Practice Server:
RaceDepartment.com US Practice WED

Race Server:

RaceDepartment.com US Race WED

To find servers search "racedepartment"

Car:
DLC DREAM PACK IS REQUIRED BMW M235i racing

Track: Nurburgring Nordschlife
Track Temps: 26c
Track Conditions: Mid Clear

Pitstop: None
Driving Assists: ABS / Traction Control
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Fuel consumption = 100%
Tire consumption = 100%
Damage rate =20%
Tire blankets = on

Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7B Download
Highly Recommended App For VR
: Top/Center Flags Download

Schedule (US): Wednesday 5/29
Race#1 Nurburgring Nordschlife
Practice: 21:00 EST (10 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:10 EST (2 laps)
Race: 21:25 EST (3 laps)

Race#2 Nurburgring Nordschlife (random grid)
Race: 21:50 EST (3 laps)

2tpJwAM.jpg

Here is a quick video from our GT 4 event a few weeks back. We will be racing the GT4 class on the 1st wednesday of the month going forward so come check back in for that.

Entry List :
  1. scottiedawg66
  2. Jivesauce
  3. Douglas Garcia
  4. johndough247
  5. DingoStarr
  6. Bobby Pennington
  7. flyharley
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
***tagging previous participants***
    1. DingoStarr
    2. Keith_G
    3. Thegodfather6571
    4. Jivesauce
    5. churchlady
    6. JAMES L THURSTON
    7. newbert
    8. bo1210
    9. Douglas Garcia
    10. JBaeumle
    1. johndough247
    2. DingoStarr
    3. Keith_G
    4. Thegodfather6571
    5. Jivesauce
    6. JAMES L THURSTON
    7. newbert
    8. bo1210
    9. Douglas Garcia
    10. JBaeumle
    11. johndough247
    12. @Bobby Pennington
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Colin, a priceless 'Ring guide here for you here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/basic-nordschleife-guide-wip.168525/. The amazing Mr @RasmusP put this together for us a couple of weeks ago - split into sections, commentary, videos.... and bloody good fun too:D You'll be hooked..,.,

Thanks, John! I likely won't have time to meaningfully utilize it before this event, but it looks like it will be priceless as I try to learn the track moving forward.

so its just me and @Douglas Garcia that are interested? its the ring! these races are casual and would be a good way to get some seat time on the ring and get a few tips from someone who has real world experience there.

don't be scared!

Alright, alright, my mother-in-law was in town the entire weekend so my practice time so far amounts to a grand total of 4 or 5 laps, but go ahead and sign me up. I'm starting to remember at least a few of the corner sequences...

For those of you that don't have much seat time at The Green Hell / Nords remember this. There is nothing wrong with turning on the "Ideal Line" and using it to get through a monstrous track such as the Nordschleife. It's not cheating and we would rather you enjoy running and having you on the grid rather than being miserable or missing out. Here's some helpful info I used to give new or lesser experienced guys when I hosted races and ran the AC Advanced Driving Academy. I hope it helps. Some stuff won't apply, but I'm lazy and it's just easier to copy and paste:D When you see the word Academy, just substitute Official Practice. If things are different with regards to some rules and etiquette, please defer to @scottiedawg66 and what you've learned under him since he is the one running things. I'm only here to help out as a Club Member.

Important, please read:
With limited space we are asking everyone to work together to allow others to take part. Here are a few things you can do to help us:
  • If you were in the last academy, please do not sign up for this one unless spots are available the day of the academy.
  • Make sure you have the DLC for this event.
  • If you sign up, please show up. If you can't make it, we expect you to sign out no later than 1 hour before the academy starts to make room for others. Failure to do so will make you ineligible for the next Academy.
  • Read the Club Rules and make sure you have your real name showing up in game and on teamspeak.
  • Password for the Academy server will be given out on teamspeak. Please be sure to be on time so we can go forward in a timely manner.
  • If you are using VR, please have your settings and buttons mapped prior to the Academy. This will save everyone time so we can get down to business......Racing.
  • Make sure to have these apps on your screen if possible:
  1. Tyre App
  2. Helicorsa 0.7b Download
  3. Real Time
  4. Track Map
  5. Corner Names
  6. Use F11 and have your Virtual Mirror on. If using VR please disregard.
  • Have fun:)
IN-GAME SHORTCUTS:
CTRL+L : enable / disable names above cars
CTRL+I : racing line on/off
F11 : toggle virtual mirror

MULTIPLAYER SHORTCUTS:

CTRL+1 (on number pad): switch to previous opponent car
CTRL+3 (on number pad): switch to next opponent car
CTRL+2 (on number pad): switch back to your car
CTRL+L: enable / disable names above cars

@scottiedawg66 I've been doing a little better so I have every intention on being there Wed. night so please sign me up. If we don't have enough, we can always declare it a track day and help the new guys learn the track and then go out and run like a pack of "Dawgs" and get people used to running in that pack. However we do it, I'm game. Thanks for hosting.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.7%