AC BMW M235i Racing @ Nürburgring Nordschleife - Tuesday 23nd February 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well it looks like we're the only votes in favor so the motion carries with 100% :roflmao:. I'll put you in for the time being @mycarlooksfast unless anyone objects later.

US based club racing (especially weekdays when I'm off work) is an endangered species these days, I'd like to participate to keep it going even if I am super lousy.
That is precisely why I'm holding my races during the week. I figure there are guys out there who don't just work Monday-Friday and I want them to have a shot at racing too.

Lorenzo has the weekends squared away but attendance will only build in both midweek and weekend US Club races if we sign up to race and hit the track. We can't wait till the last minute either or we suffer from the dreaded simsheep effect.

I've combed through months of forum threads and hundreds of responses looking for feedback on how to make these events as good as they can be and remove the barriers to entry. Let me know if little tweaks like the qualifying format or something else is what you need to come onto the grid.

I would love to see more US weeknight events, as weekends are hit and miss for me, but maybe make the whole event an hour total, 10-15 min practice, 15-20 min qualifying, and a 30 min race and occasionally throw in a longer endurance type event, and i will do my best to be a participant, just my 2 cents:)

I had thought about applying a @Tobias Röhner two-race format to my events down the line. It works brilliantly to keep the field bunched up with the "slower" cars like the 458 S3, M235i, F3's, etc because the field is guaranteed to be reset half way through. Also if you whiff your first race there's always a second chance. Spinning off on the first lap isn't grounds for calling it a night. Just ask the guys from this race last week.

In that scenario you'll definitely get a practice, qualifying, and race in the one hour. Then you'll undoubtedly stick around for qualifying 2 and race 2 because you had so much fun the first time :p.

Unfortunately said arrangement doesn't lend itself well to the Nordschleife but, rest assured, I have taken your comments to heart @Joshua Spann Jr

The server is up if you early birds want to sneak a lap in! I'll be resetting it at 2000 and we shall commence with tonight's festivities :D

Well I don't know about you guys but I am absolutely knackered after that one. I would have never guessed that the Nürburgring Nordschleife could deliver that kind of racing. It took me almost a half hour to come down from that last lap and I wasn't even in the fight.

All applicable kudos are rightfully and dutifully accorded to @Discovery.Tv as sportsman of the month in my eyes. Bravo too for @Gerbuho for putting on an amazing show and an awesome display of how to duel properly. @Si I'm starting to think you may become a regular feature of the US club if you're not careful :p. I couldn't have imagined as fun a race without you in it.

Also major thanks to the new guys for coming out and enjoying the racing with us. Fantastic racecraft from everyone on the grid whether veteran or rookie to RD Club races @mycarlooksfast : you are still dangerous...you can be my wingman anytime :cool:

@Joshua Spann Jr come out and race with us again. I know you mentioned AC isn't your main sim but we enjoyed your company and I think I speak for everyone tonight when I say we'd like to see you up front going wheel-to-wheel with the crew.

Wanted to give a little debrief post-race last night directly afterward, but was too drained to do so. I gotta say, this was so much fun...had a grin across my face virtually the whole time. Was a bit apprehensive about joining but very happy I did. The four car conga line battle over the course of one lap was some of the most exciting wheel to wheel action I've had in some time. Having a few people with similar pace to race with is so much fun! Can't wait to see the video!

Anyways, congratulations and a massive thank you off to Ryan for hosting such a fun and exciting first event. I can really appreciate the effort you've put in to make these events great and hope to attend many more in the future. Congrats as well for the front runners, excellent drive and pace! Also, bunching the field back up mid-race with a full course yellow was a great idea (even if I was too drained at that point to keep up with the pack) as it gets lonely driving the nords alone. Despite my terrible last lap with multiple spins and intimacy with the wall, I still finished ~40s behind the leader with a best lap of ~8:25 or so. Very happy with that result when my only goal going in was a clean lap under 9min.

Cheers guys, hope to see you all on track for future events.

Hats off to Prosoto as well @Ryan, the setup for Nords was a great one, slightly cold/damp feeling track and weather with the fog really seals in the Nords flavour. I hope you guys found the setup ok for those that drove it, in essence it's the experience at this hell that makes or breaks you. Would have loved to have it out with you guys.

Glad you all enjoyed the festivities, Monza 66 in the Ford GT40 is next give it a look.

Guys, that was one of the best races I've had here in all these years, despite being slightly unorthodox with the safety car and under 10 participants. That much action on the Nordschleife was absolutely incredible, especially for it to happen over just 5 laps. Hats off to everyone who participated, it's not an easy track, and the conditions didn't do anyone a favour.

@Discovery.Tv @Gerbuho @Matheus Machado That last lap was freaking incredible, nice maneuver on the final turn dropping me from 2nd to 4th, you guys did exactly the move on me I was planning to do to take first, but you beat me to it with some well placed aggression. A lesson learned for me.:sneaky:

@Ryan I looked back at the replay again, that pass was so close, the only real advantage I had was the outside line. I'm looking forward to you getting revenge on me.;)

All in all, great race guys. Looking forward to some more racing in evenly paced cars!:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back