Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom BMW M3.jpg

Sector3 Studios have given an update on the progress of the new M235i car coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience, confirming testing is beginning and a release scheduled for the near future.

Announced to the world back in February last year, Sector3 Studios have been rather quiet in recent months as to the development progress of a car that seems to be one hotly anticipated by fans of RaceRoom Racing Experience.

However following a prolonged silence on the subject, Sector3 Studios producer @J-F Chardon has confirmed development is progressing at such a rate that he expects beta testers to have access to the new vehicle very soon. With the car now initially completed, Chardon has stated the next task will be for beta drivers to give "feedback and general bug reports". Of those beta testers will be recent Dubai 24 Hours race winner Oskar Sandberg, who alongside the support of the DUWO racing team have fed into the development process of the new machine.

During the building of the car Sector3 have been collaborating with DUWO and have received the support of the team with "priceless information and telemetry". So strong is the relationship between team and studio, Sector3 sound engineer @anthony monteil has recently had the opportunity to have full access to the car during an event at Paul Ricard in an effort to reproduce the sounds in game to the highest possible level.

So with a car in beta testing stage and much of the big work already undertaken, Chardon goes on to tentatively estimate the new vehicle could be released to the gaming public within the next couple of months, stating:

"Well, it will depend on the feedback from Oskar. Right now we're also busy painting all liveries for this car. Expect its release in a couple of months"

Technical Specs:
  • Max. width - 1,862 mm (without mirrors)
  • Height - 1,380 mm (without antenna)
  • Wheelbase - 2,691 mm
  • Max. track width - 1,608 mm
  • Engine - six-cylinder in-line
  • Capacity - 2,979 cc
  • Output - 333 hp

After over 12 months since the initial announcement it looks very much like the end is in sight for what could be a very interesting addition to the ever growing roster of cars in RaceRoom Racing Experience...

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play simulation exclusive to PC with additional content available to purchase via the in game RaceRoom Store.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. Take part in our awesome Racing Club, download a setup or just hang out and chat about the game with your fellow fans of the title. It’s all here at RaceDepartment.com!

Looking forward to getting your hands on the new M235i? Would you like to see more of the slower class of GT car in RaceRoom? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looking forward to getting your hands on the new M235i? Would you like to see more of the slower class of GT car in RaceRoom?
Absolutely looking forward to this and I would like some more slower class of cars...as my reaction speed is a lot less in old age...lol
Sector3 sound engineer @anthony monteil has recently had the opportunity to have full access to the car during an event at Paul Ricard in an effort to reproduce the sounds in game to the highest possible level.
....awesome, the legend that is Anthony Monteil continues.

RRE, please support triple monitor properly!! or better yet, focus on the new upcoming GT3 game running the unreal Engine!! Appeal to hard core sim folks! The sound, the graphics, etc.. is fantastic, but support real immersion!
Simbin is doing GTR3 not Sector3, there just using some aspects from Raceroom and vise versa.
I could be completely off but I doubt youll see triple screen support till they switch to the unreal engine which probably wont be until after the release of GTR3.

I could be completely off but I doubt youll see triple screen support till they switch to the unreal engine which probably wont be until after the release of GTR3.
I sincerely hope you are completely off...:cautious:
But you probably are not since Sector 3 seems to give priority to everything else over proper triple screen support. If so I wish they would be honest enough to clear that up in stead of giving vague promises since over a year...
With the upcoming pCars2 having the triple screen support, R3E will remain the only one without it. A shame really...

If dynamic weather and time was present in Raceroom, it would be the best sim available.

Well, it still is pretty much the best sim available right now even without weather.

do we get a lollipop man as well :)

dynamic weather is a must for the future with UE, otherwise the wont survive
Raceroom, AC, AMS, and iracing have all managed to survive without it ;)
All these features have been confirmed for GTR3 and will eventually make it into to raceroom once GTR3 is released and they switch over to UE.

This is a quote from Pauls interview done back in jan.
Both Chris and Allan confirmed to me the other week that GTR 3 will contain day to night transition, allowing for fully scalable 24 hour time of day conditions as well as a fully dynamic weather system, bringing with it changing handling in the different conditions, aquaplaning and dynamic water movement that will allow rain to pool organically on the racing surface and dissipate as cars travel through the standing water. Coupled to these features will be the ability to now model vehicle damage and bring to the new sim a substantial improvement over RaceRoom's current particle system and AI behaviour.

You can read the entire article here

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gtr-3-by-simbin-coming-in-2018.131230/

Last edited:
I believe one of the devs mentioned on the S3 forums that they might actually look at the triple screen support soon-ish once they have the VR support in an acceptable state as that's something of a priority for them (or rather for the publisher, I'd say - but that's just my interpretation).

My first drive with the M235i will surely be on Nordschleife (but Macau surely sounds tempting, as Macau always does ;) ). That's how I was drawn into circuit racing which I've always find quite boring, then tried some online races (in various cars on various tracks) and eventually ended up here in the R3E racing club (for better or worse - you decide ;) ) - doing hotlaps on Nordschleife in M235i in AC, learning the track and trying to get at least close to Empty Box's laptime from one of his older videos with this very combo, a sort of proof to myself that I can get to at least somewhat competitive pace if I make an effort :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 91 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 67 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.9%