AC BMW M235i Race car @ Mugello - Wed 30 Jan 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for tonight's race @Craig Dunkley , awesome pace from Aki, Robert and Anders, congrats guys:thumbsup:

Huge thanks also to Andy @RainhamIron for being such a gent, incredibly close in those first laps, and so little in it for 25 laps - I'm totally knackered:laugh: I know we swapped paint a couple of times but great to race someone so fair. At one point you were on the outside (one of the left-right combo's I think) and really thought I'd overdone it as the car started to slide your way, I'd have died of guilt!

Would be amazing to see you all on Monday again for a DTM-sideways-in-touring-cars-fest at https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/classic-dtm-riverside-mon-04-feb-2019.164208/ Come on you guys... all of you!
@Craig Dunkley - Race Host
@Allan Ramsbottom
@RobertR1
@RasmusP
@robt100
@Aksu
@Anders Jensen
@Martijn van Bommel
@Strand79
@PfzFantaribo
@Snake3rd
@pattikins
@Martin Kraaijenbrink
@hape
@BhZ
@Shakunee
@Gerzson
@Hepsta
@SOLO59
@Øyvind Andersen
@wookiemonster
@Kerem Gocen (Pending Premium)
@RainhamIron

Thanks for tonight's race @Craig Dunkley , awesome pace from Aki, Robert and Anders, congrats guys:thumbsup:

Huge thanks also to Andy @RainhamIron for being such a gent, incredibly close in those first laps, and so little in it for 25 laps - I'm totally knackered:laugh: I know we swapped paint a couple of times but great to race someone so fair. At one point you were on the outside (one of the left-right combo's I think) and really thought I'd overdone it as the car started to slide your way, I'd have died of guilt!

Would be amazing to see you all on Monday again for a DTM-sideways-in-touring-cars-fest at https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/classic-dtm-riverside-mon-04-feb-2019.164208/ Come on you guys... all of you!
@Craig Dunkley - Race Host
@Allan Ramsbottom
@RobertR1
@RasmusP
@robt100
@Aksu
@Anders Jensen
@Martijn van Bommel
@Strand79
@PfzFantaribo
@Snake3rd
@pattikins
@Martin Kraaijenbrink
@hape
@BhZ
@Shakunee
@Gerzson
@Hepsta
@SOLO59
@Øyvind Andersen
@wookiemonster
@Kerem Gocen (Pending Premium)
@RainhamIron
Completely agree with your summary there John, those first few laps were awesome fun. And likewise thank you too for the close but very fair racing!! I feel a bit bad for the blatant divebomb and equally would have been gutted had it resulted in you being speared off, but a rush of blood (and probably the can of Monster I'd just been chugging) got the better of me and I just had to send it :roflmao: I think I was panicking as much as you at that point :whistling:

For the most part afterwards I was over-driving a little too much, partly out of frustration over the car's wobbly nature, and despite my best efforts couldn't quite reel you back in. In any case I'm not sure I could have withstood the excitement of the first few laps for the entire race ;)

Looking forward to more of the same!! DTM sounds cool, I'll give it a try soon.

And yeah congrats podium, that was some great pace :thumbsup:

@RobertR1 "I'm going to run the DTM cars tomorrow and see how it goes. Sounds very exciting though!
Never driven any of these cars. Any recommendations which one to try first? Default setup decent?"

In AC have only tried the BMW with manual 'box and the immersion is totally amazing - drove one at a track day 20+ years ago - and I'm back there, living the dream:roflmao:

Standard setup seems good so far but I'm sure there's better - will look for a setup and post here if find something half decent - I'm :poop: at setting up myself!

Not tried the Alfa yet, and only the Merc briefly but will do... well... tomorrow actually! Work is tired and needs a rest, so might see you on the server around 11am :ninja::laugh:

Completely agree with your summary there John, those first few laps were awesome fun. And likewise thank you too for the close but very fair racing!! I feel a bit bad for the blatant divebomb......
Absolutely don't blame you for going for it Andy, our lines were very different, I was trying to stick to slow in fast out, but when you're dicing it's a tough compromise!

For the most part afterwards I was over-driving a little too much....
I was too, seems to be one of those cars that you need discipline with, no matter how tempted - driving on the knife edge is amazing satisfaction. Unless you're behind me:roflmao:

Looking forward to more of the same!! DTM sounds cool, I'll give it a try soon...
These cars are a total blast, as close to a kart handling-wise as you'll find in a sim, on serious steroids:D

Guys I am going to try something a little different next week, it may flop but I hope not ..you have to drive this car like you have stolen her :thumbsup: (I have never seen her raced here before, but I may be wrong) a few drivers also said they would like 2 x 20 mins racing, so I will switch to that and see how it goes. These events are not about me, they are all about you guys, if you have fun then it has been worthwhile :thumbsup:

I had no pace at all tonight, I know I am never in the top five, but to be so far off pace, I really do not know why :speechless: To be honest, I had to keep shaking my head to stay awake ..50 mins on your own is hard...well actually I took her to the pits around 4 mins before the end.

Well I hope you will join me next week ..this car is guaranteed to put a smile on your face :thumbsup:

Many congrads to the podiums, once again lap times that I never thought I would see :thumbsup:

Guys I am going to try something a little different next week, it may flop but I hope not ..you have to drive this car like you have stolen her :thumbsup: (I have never seen her raced here before, but I may be wrong) a few drivers also said they would like 2 x 20 mins racing............
Great idea Craig abut the 2x races, 2x the fun:D

Guys I am going to try something a little different next week, it may flop but I hope not ..you have to drive this car like you have stolen her :thumbsup: (I have never seen her raced here before, but I may be wrong) a few drivers also said they would like 2 x 20 mins racing, so I will switch to that and see how it goes. These events are not about me, they are all about you guys, if you have fun then it has been worthwhile :thumbsup:

Does that include a reverse grid aswell??(For race 2)
For lets say, the top 10,12 or 15?
Or maybe the entire field? :D

Great race last night BTW.
Have to watch the replay tonight :).
Had some great battles :thumbsup:.

Does that include a reverse grid aswell??(For race 2)
For lets say, the top 10,12 or 15?
Or maybe the entire field? :D

Great race last night BTW.
Have to watch the replay tonight :).
Had some great battles :thumbsup:.
BTW, not gonna argue with you or anything, just liking your opinion when you've watched the replay:
What do you think about our first lap incident? I definitely overshot quite a bit but watching the replay, I'd say you also turned into me a little :ninja::p
Not a 50/50 but maybe 60/40 hehe. What do you think? From my knowledge the standard racing rules don't really apply there. As we were side by side so shared right of the apex and we both were still more or less on the rubbered line. I slid to the middle of that line while you wanted to get a bigger piece of it than just the outside. I expected a switchback from you rather than staying side by side. My mistake! :)
But I did a stupid rookie mistake in general and didn't move close enough to your side before turn in. It's always the same: risk of contact is a lot higher if you don't go really really closely side by side under braking. Opens the possibility for hitting each other at the apex :ninja::redface:
I'll blame my new wheel+pedals for this :whistling:

Anyway, I think this way I had more fun. Instead of losing position after position due to my too quick qualy lap in comparison to my race pace, I chased the field from behind :sneaky:
Awesome battle @hape and cheers to @Craig Dunkley for making us **** our pants. First I didn't see you slowing down that much before the hairpin and barely dodged you, then I spun in T1 and you had to dodge me :laugh:
# payback lol :roflmao:
Thanks for hosting! I'll join in again soon :inlove:

@RasmusP ,i think your probbebly right :).
still have to watch the replay,but i might have to let you have a little bit more room next time around :whistling:.
And your also right about the fact that it was way more fun having a battle on your hands then watching the top 3 drive away and have a lonely race :thumbsup:.(at least that applies to me)

Yes Matt that was really nice for the last 20 min. or so. Close battling, some minor mistakes for all 3 of us which kept us close and it was guessing who would cross the line first. When I defended your first overtaking move, you had to defend on Bommel which gave me some air again, so i hoped i would have made it to the end on P6..... But cheasing was easier than leading...at least for me it was:whistling: so minor overdriving on my part
which resulted in taking 1 corner so bad and the two of you passed me :(
Overall a really nice race again with good and fair battles !

Thankss for hosting Craig and congrats to the podium guys!!

Yes Matt that was really nice for the last 20 min. or so. Close battling, some minor mistakes for all 3 of us which kept us close and it was guessing who would cross the line first. When I defended your first overtaking move, you had to defend on Bommel which gave me some air again, so i hoped i would have made it to the end on P6..... But cheasing was easier than leading...at least for me it was:whistling: so minor overdriving on my part
which resulted in taking 1 corner so bad and the two of you passed me :(
Overall a really nice race again with good and fair battles !

Thankss for hosting Craig and congrats to the podium guys!!

Yeh it’s always hard defending and attacking at the same time. Was hoping when I got past you that you would both start battling and I’d get the 6th position. How wrong I was ‍♂️

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%