1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU BMW M235i @ Nürburgring - Tues 05Dec17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Nov 27, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 05-12-17
  1. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,041
    Nope. Sign-outs close at 19:00GMT, but sign-ups go all the way up to 20:00. :)

2. Firas Kiki

Firas Kiki
    THANK YOU IN ADVANCED Premium

Ratings:
    +8
    hi !!put me pls 2

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jonas Hillert

Jonas Hillert
    Premium

Ratings:
    +303
    Sorry but I can't make it today

4. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +745
    You're in :thumbsup:

5. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +901
    that second race sure was bloody :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +540
    Great race everyone, it was really tense and entertaining! Don't think I divebombed anyone, if I did, sorry! I tried to race as cleanly as I could! See you guys in the M1 :D

• Like Like x 3
  7. SimonS

SimonS
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    I did quite a bit of practice for this and was really looking forward to it but probably an evening best forgotten :O_o:. Race 1 was shockingly bad. Qualified well but lost 4 or 5 places being too tentative at the start then hit 2 or 3 people including Ross (sorry), being too aggressive thereafter. Race 2 went much better. Started at the back and made up quite a few places, then had a coming together with Paul about halfway through, which I think was a bit of a racing incident tbf and decided to park it. Sorry if I screwed up anyone elses race - I'll do better next time.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +464
    @Daz85UK ...It was just a love tap mate, I have no issues with that whatsoever ..you even took the time to say sorry ..this I really appreciate :thumbsup: ....I see you coming and I knew you had lots more pace than me, I should have took the inside line but @ that moment I was trying hard to keep it on the black stuff and I certainly was not going to do a last minute block ...

Second race was super for me :thumbsup: a lot of the quicker drivers were involved in incidents, hence I was able to make up a lot of places :D

Congradz to the podium winners ...see you all on Thursday for more fun :thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +891
    @Firas Kiki apologies for tap in 1st race ....i waited after ...have not reviewed the replay yet just could not stop in time....sorry!!! @SimonS did we have a coming together?...kinda forgot already lol....was it turn 1 ??? either way its all good!!

10. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,041
    You didn't dive bomb me but the extra speed you carried through that chicane when you came up behind me was just ridiculous! :alien:

You hit me? I don't even remember so your apology is accepted! :D

Good racing tonight guys, particularly race one. Things were pretty close throughout which was great. Race two was a bit quieter when Jose dropped off my rear bumper, but I was happy with 5th.

My only issue was the five no-shows and a similar number of quitters. I don't particularly want to start issuing warnings again, but I will if I have to.

• Like Like x 1
  11. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +901

snap, i wish i had more bloody footage

(pls dont sue me over using rd logo :rolleyes:)

those barrel rolls in vr arent that bad after some time :redface:

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier

Ratings:
    +540
    About the chicane, a while ago we raced the Audi TT Cups there and Daniel Trapp told me I was losing a lot of speed there so I focused on it and he was right: the chicane looks daunting because you only see the entry over the hill, so the trick is to start turning early and make your brain understand that it's really not as tight as it looks.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +798
    ...it´s my favourite part of this track...:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,408

• Like Like x 3
  15. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +901

second race

• Like Like x 1
  16. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,408
    Heh, watching myself in your footage, you'd almost think I know what I'm doing instead of just trying to hold onto my dear life in every corner :) I guess I'll take comfort in the fact that on the outside, it might actually look better than I think it does ;)

(Though I'm still pretty happy about the fact that Steve likely doesn't have any footage of me flailing about on the track in front of him in race 1 with the style and grace of a drunken monkey on a unicycle and then making everything even worse by laughing at myself alternatively on TS and on the stream ;) )

But yeah, a fun couple of races. I'm not all that fond of the Nürburgring GP track (I'd much rather race on the Nordschleife), but it was a lot of fun :thumbsup:

• Haha Haha x 1
  17. Anders Myhre

Anders Myhre
    Premium

Ratings:
    +72
    Oh god i forgot all about it, so sorry!!

• Beer Beer x 1
  18. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff

Ratings:
    +1,113
    Do you know the same chicane in AC? Looking at the footage you can indeed go quite quick over the kerbs.
    Try that with the massive sausage kerb in AC :D
    "BMW 235i #3: ready for take off" :roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 3
  19. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier

Ratings:
    +540
    That's true, but then again, the kerbs in AC are terrifyingly unforgiving I generally don't touch them with a 10 foot pole: they'll either send you flying or they're slick as ice and make you spin :mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SimonS

SimonS
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    @SimonS did we have a coming together?...kinda forgot already lol....was it turn 1 ??? either way its all good!![/QUOTE]
    No, another Paul although i think i hit everyone in r1:confused:
    @Ross i think i tagged you going into the chicane but i got the worse. I watched @6e660 s stream and could see myself spinning out in his mirrors:roflmao:
    I'll hold my hands up to quitting but my concentration was gone by then and it isn't something i generally do, if ever. Even if I'm running 20th there's often still fun to be had