RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to set the number of pit stops? Perhaps we make it a two or three stopper to shake things up?
No option for that, unfortunately. Just mandatory pit on or off, which means you have to do at least one.

My main concern is that long races with small grids often end up as hot-lapping contests with little actual racing, and people bailing as soon as they lose touch with other people. Real shame as these cars are ace.

I'm going to reduce the race to 60 mins.

Sorry to bail fellas, stuttering of feed early on led to loss of concentration. Sorry Ross

Ive veen wondering why my performance dropped in second half and then i remembered i ate some choco bon bons with alco% in them :confused: They kicked in :x3: (not to mention, they expire this month)

Good fun, amazing sound, i regret not setting differential even lower :p

• Haha
Reactions: BP
Sorry to bail fellas, stuttering of feed early on led to loss of concentration. Sorry Ross

Bummer David.

Later on I was losing concentration too, don't know if was a stuttering feed in my head or what, but I forgot to turn at Mobil 1 corner until I was bouncing across the gravel. :confused: :O_o: :roflmao:

I got better as the race went on, though this was probably mainly due to a lightening of the load. Hearing that some were planning to take fuel on their stops, I decided to take enough to finish the race from the start. It kind of worked since I pitted at the same time as Brandon while 7 seconds behind him, and ended up passing him in the pit lane.

Annoyingly, R3E's fuel calculations were way off once again and I was carrying way too much. I think I had about 50 litres or so on the finish line.

I got better as the race went on, though this was probably mainly due to a lightening of the load. Hearing that some were planning to take fuel on their stops, I decided to take enough to finish the race from the start. It kind of worked since I pitted at the same time as Brandon while 7 seconds behind him, and ended up passing him in the pit lane.

Annoyingly, R3E's fuel calculations were way off once again and I was carrying way too much. I think I had about 50 litres or so on the finish line.

Get OtterHUD, definitely the best addition to R3E for so many reasons.

Once you run a few laps, the fuel management screen is dead accurate. I don't follow the R3E numbers in car setup, they're always safe values. I was low on fuel at another race last night (the race length was much shorter than I realised and I made a guess during the last 20 seconds on the grid), so I did a lot of coasting on the final laps until the "Fuel to Add" number went from red numbers (negative values) to green (0.0 and above) and made it over the line just as the engine died. I'd say that's pretty spot on.

I already use OtterHUD. :) I've just never bothered with the fuel app. I usually just divide the race time by my lap time to get a rough number of laps, then change my race setup to be slightly below that. Being a few litres out is fine as a little extra weight isn't realistically going to make any difference to my pace personally, but 50 litres is a bit much. I think R3E's own fuel calculations are getting worse with each patch!

Anyway, I'll be sure to use the fuel app from now on. :thumbsup:

Reactions: BP
That was my absolute worse race in ages. I went with hards to start and that was a huge mistake as they did not get better as time passed. I then went to softs and tried to do a one-stopper. Bigly mistake. I ended up just turning laps at the end, trying not to get in anyone's way.

Thank you, though, for the race. Races are always good.

NSU TTS Cup.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on
TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - Wed
Cars: NSU TTS Cup
Track: Brands Hatch - Indy

Wednesday 27/11/19
Practice:
15:00 EDT / 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 15:30 EDT / 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 15:45 EDT / 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 15:50 EDT / 20:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 16:10 EDT / 21:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 16:15 EDT / 21:15 UTC (20 minutes) - Reverse grid to 10 places

Entry List - 32 slots
  1. FeltHat
  2. ko41
  3. Bart Matyja
  4. PurgerUK
  5. Free slot
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#4

Last edited:
Group 5.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on
TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU/US - Sat
Cars: Group 5
Track: Mazda Laguna Seca

Saturday 30/11/19
Practice:
15:00 EDT / 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 15:30 EDT / 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup: 15:45 EDT / 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 15:50 EDT / 20:50 UTC (45 minutes) - Mandatory pit stop

Entry List - 32 slots
  1. FeltHat
  2. Bart Matyja
  3. 2112
  4. sc4dr
  5. PurgerUK
  6. Sean Armstrong
  7. ko41
  8. Iguana46
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot