1. 24 Premium du RD
    We are busy giving away 24 premium memberships during the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Follow us on Instagram and like this message to have a chance to win yourself.

EU BMW M235i @ Hockenheim - Tue 10Oct17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Kenny Paton, Oct 3, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 10-10-17
  1. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,682
    (Sorry, that was an attempt at an inside joke based on Ross' comment. Probably not very good either.)

2. Colin Herkes

Colin Herkes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +269
    Unfortunately the internet is still down (down to cut cables at A19 roadworks). Will have to sign out :(. Thanks

• Sad Sad x 3
  3. Casper Hougaard

Casper Hougaard
    Premium

Ratings:
    +38
    I might be a bit late for practice, still at uni..... will probably join mid practice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +729
    Im out sorry.My PC have problem with W10 and R3R :(

• Sad Sad x 3
  5. M4LLY

M4LLY
    Premium

Ratings:
    +339
    Sign me up please.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nobkins

Nobkins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,128
    A little late but had to buy the content and took me a while to get into the store! Sign me up!

• Like Like x 1
  7. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

Ratings:
    +202
    I'll try and join this one :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Harry Davidson

Harry Davidson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +34
    It was fun racing with you guys. I'm not one of the fast ones but still learning new lines. Unfortunately my pc crashed right after the first race and I couldn't make it to be back in time for the 2nd race. Well better luck next time.

• Sad Sad x 1
  9. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +540
    Sorry about dropping off during the second race, for some reason my battery backup started screaming, I thought it was the fire alarm...

EDIT: @M4LLY sorry for the little bump in the stadium hairpin, you left me a tiny gap on the left that sounded like "you don't have enough balls to do it" so I did :D

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  10. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,379
    Hope you all had a good race, I meant to spectate but ended up in a long phone call with my son who was caught up in this french air traffic control strike, he's flying back from Spain today and it seems all the flight times are either delayed or cancelled.

• Wow Wow x 3
    • Sad Sad x 1
  11. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,682
    You wouldn't be able to get back in anyway - you can't join a session during warmup, and there was no qualification before the second race.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,243
    The French love their strikes, don't they? Never mind the havoc they cause or anything. :rolleyes: Hope he get's back safely soon.

Absolutely brilliant racing tonight guys! :thumbsup: That was great fun, really enjoyed myself in both races. Race two in particular was excellent with five cars battling for position. Thanks to all involved, and congrats to the podiums! :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,682
    And yeah, great racing and great fun (though @BBKing212 might not share this opinion, having to suffer in my close proximity for the majority of both races ;) ). Coming to practice, it really felt like this wasn't going to be my day at all, but thankfully I've managed to get it together for the qualification and for the races at least somewhat. Can't say I like this Hockenheim layout all that much, though.

Thanks for the race! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +3,243
    I hated it when we ran it with the TT's recently, but I thought it was really good in the BMW's. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,379
    Blame me:rolleyes:

• Haha Haha x 2
  16. BBKing212

BBKing212
    Premium

Ratings:
    +237
    After almost 3 months of absence it was a great race.
    I was struggling with screen stuttering, when I got frame drops from approx 200FPS to 60FPS. At times it was really difficult to focus and keep the line and speed..

Anyway, thank you all for the great race and especially @Martin Fiala for great battles :)

• Like Like x 4
  17. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,379
    £100 for a taxi to get him to the airport to catch a flight home.
    Transfer bus wouldn't have got them there on time.
    Boy is he mad

• Wow Wow x 3
  18. Harry Davidson

Harry Davidson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +34
    Yeah my hope was on a 2nd quali but there wasn't one. I've seen people rejoining race 2 a few weeks ago but I think that was because a 2nd quali or a reset of the server. Luckily there is tomorrow a new opportunity.

19. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,682
    @Harry Davidson Yes, as it currently stands, you can join (or re-join in case of a multi race event) a race during qualification if the server is set that way (RD servers generally are I believe), but you can't do so during a warm-up, as some of us have found out literally the evening the warm-up session was added to the game.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +3,243
    There were some crash problems for many initially when the patch which added warmups was released. They seem to have mostly been fixed now, so we're trying to transition over to warmups rather than second qualies, especially in events with a 15 minute race format. I think it makes for a smoother transition between sessions and is also better than having such a long and rushed qualy session between short races.

• Like Like x 1