AMS2 BMW M1 @ Silverstone 1975 - Tuesday 4 January 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Well, thanks to the guy who shot me into the far left wall after corner 2 while trying to recover from his leaving the track to the right...car was still alright, though, and I managed to fight back to P6 in the end. Fun car with a weird initial understeer and then a throttle sensitive power oversteer after the rotation has started...and it missed 4th gear sometimes, did anyone else have that, too? Especially when there was only little time in between clutch realease and shortshifting - but only on 4th.

@Jan Larsen: I also had a tire change due in my pit setup and did not get any new ones, just fuel. And my front left was down to about 1/4, which was a little tricky under braking.

Don't know, I was busy crashing :] It was clear that this was an accident, so I didn't think anything of it. But it's just in general nice to stay off the track after you've just lost it and give the other guys a chance to drive by first.

For me, reducing front arb by 3 clicks helped a fair bit with the understeer, but you'd still have to wait for the rotation to have started before re-applying throttle.

Last edited:
I also had a tire change due in my pit setup and did not get any new ones, just fuel. And my front left was down to about 1/4, which was a little tricky under braking.
I had about 75% left on the fronts, there or thereabouts, only the left rear was working a bit harder than it wanted due to me pretty much drifting it around, but managed to keep the temps within reason. I did change the setup quite a bit, front bar down to 4, rear up to 15, removed rear toe, front springs to 6 (to stop it squatting under braking), brakes to 56/42, removed all diff preload and clutches, all in order to remove the understeer on entry and oversteer on exits. It became nicely balanced after that. Honestly, the default setup is crap.

Looks like a good time was had by most..!
It is I Red @Redvaliant.
Hey mate. Tried to get into this tonight but this pig of a game forced me to exit and try to setup the wheel, twice; so no time to get used to track or car before race start.
I'll be looking out for the next one though, cheers.

I also had a great time. Default setup with only temps and fuel adjusted. Loved the car. More so since I can use the MoMo competition BMW rim in this car for full immersion. Great combo also. Never before did the Silverstone 75 layout, it matched the car great.

Top 11 or so cars. There were other finishers but only just grabbed this screen at the end.
ams results.jpg

Regarding the tyres and the pitstops. I always set it to "All" and "Slicks" or whatever tyre option you want to use. I think if you leave it on default -choose by weather it doesn't always change them.

Top 11 or so cars. There were other finishers but only just grabbed this screen at the end.
View attachment 530416
Regarding the tyres and the pitstops. I always set it to "All" and "Slicks" or whatever tyre option you want to use. I think if you leave it on default -choose by weather it doesn't always change them.
Sadly im on 12th and not in the screen

Yea true. -Choose by weather and didn't change the tyres. Since it would give me new Slicks but already have slicks? (???)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 83 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.2%