1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU BMW M1 Procar @ Nürburgring - Thur 07Dec17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Nov 27, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 07-12-17
  1. Anders Jensen

Anders Jensen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +54
    Still possible to join?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +518
    My name is on the list but it does not light up when I talk.

3. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +749
    Yes mate :thumbsup:

4. Mathias Nielsen

Mathias Nielsen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +301
    goddam have a wheel issue, doesnt wonna work for some reason.. guess im out..

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +518
    No. Nothing lights up.

6. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +934
    Really sorry I had to pull out guys. Tried to pace myself with practice which obviously I did too much of, my times were good but the pain of the carpal tunnel during the race was absolutely excruciating. Think of a dart stuck in your palm of your hand with the other two right next to it and giving them a twist. And at times so sharp, sudden and severe it takes my breath away. Could no longer concentrate and with the fear of taking somebody else off the track, that's the last I want to do. So I decided to retire from the race, best for all concerned.
    Anyway enough of the whinging, like a girl.:whistling:
    Well done to the podium finishes and all.:thumbsup:
    A couple of days off may help, it usually does so maybe see you Sunday. :O_o:
    And of course if I can't make that, I'll be sure to inform you Ross, Steve.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Beer Beer x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +934
    If anyone is interested this is my setup for this event unfortunately I was not able to use it as much as I want it to.:(:cry:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +540
    Great race guys, it was really hard to focus for 20 minutes, and my arms feel like jello now :x
    Good stuff all around. Sorry @Magnus Stjerneby for some erratic driving during race 2, you were all over my mirrors and I made the rookie mistake of starting to focus on what was behind me instead of just looking ahead... It took a lap or two to regain my composure and it looks like by then the others behind caught up with you and you had to deal with them...
    Thanks again for the race!

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. Magnus Stjerneby

Magnus Stjerneby
    Simracing is Fun 4 Real Premium

Ratings:
    +495
    I had to focus harden than ever before to stay on track and not to get passed by the faster drivers behind me and i had to trust my luck to just hammer it after i had driven defensive line into the corners. I had to give you something to do in the race patrick fournier. And ronnie you had a rocket start and i did not see you anymore. Well deserved victory i think. GRATZ Fun race thank you all.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Luca Antinori

Luca Antinori

Ratings:
    +306
    Great race both rounds. I had not raced here for long and it was good to be back. Shame the crash at the beginning of the 2nd round but I had a bit of time to breath at least. I had very close races with whoever I was racing against and I have to thank them because it was great fun. For them as well I hope

• Like Like x 1
  11. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +903
    i rly like ur setups, rly stable but share them sooner :p:p:p I used slightly modified Mr. C setup, rly fun!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,043
    Really good racing tonight guys, well done. :thumbsup: Driving with no brakes is never easy but everyone seemed to manage it ok. Enjoyed it a lot, despite my rather unfair drive-through penalty in race one! :O_o:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +518
    That might have been me, @Luca Antinori . In the fist race I got behind you with about 6 minutes left and chased you until the end of the race. Got right up on your bumper a couple of times but don't have enough confidence in my driving skills to take try an overtake so I just followed you around for 6 minutes, hoping you'd make a mistake but you didn't:(. In the 2nd race I got right behind you at the first turn of the first lap and followed you for a couple of laps until there was a collision right ahead of us and in all the maneuvering to avoid the chaos I got hit by the car on my right and knocked into you on my left and when the dust settled I was in front of you. I was able to stay several spots in front of you until about 8 min left when I did a barrel roll in the hairpin:confused:. By the time I got upright and rolling again you and @Jopamir were right on my tail but I was just able to stay in front. I enjoyed the racing, thanks:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +903

second race

• Like Like x 4
  15. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,416
    It was a fun couple of races, even though I was pretty bad today. I guess I should stop using the H-shifter, I don't think I'm up to it, really.

Apologies to @9kret9 for that mess in the second race - I know that technically you hit me, but I definitely caused it as I shifted into 3rd instead of 5th, which obviously didn't go very well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Luca Antinori

Luca Antinori

Ratings:
    +306
    how did you manage to get a drive-through? I had few warnings but no penalties. You must have been more time on grass than on tarmac :whistling:
    :p

17. Kuba Oczos

Kuba Oczos
    Snoopy Premium

Ratings:
    +90
    Hehe I can watch my back from your perspective when I made couple of mistakes at the end and you almost catched me :whistling: Nice racing though :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    Buggered if I know..... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,440
    About four inches from my windscreen I might add. :D
    That suddenly got interesting........

Couple of comparatively dull races from my stand-point.
    Did manage a top ten finish in R1, but that was mainly because other people kept going off. :roflmao:

Completely messed up in R2, and ended up in P14, and pretty much poodled around on my own for most of that race.
    Nearly got P13.....Missed it by 5/100ths of a second. :O_o::p

I'll say this though; these things sure are tail-happy.
    Coming into turn 1, I was pretty sure that I'd be able to brake in time.
    But exactly where I'd end up at the bottom of that hill, was a bit more random. :whistling:

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  19. 9kret9

9kret9
    Premium

Ratings:
    +260
    Yeah I`m not sure it was your fault actually, so my appologies as well, but that was a weird one as I actually was sure I have enough space to get to your side and than bang! out of nowhere, I though it might be some netcode issue.

For the H-Shifter, I`m the opposite, H-shifter and heel&toing is my kind of thing :)

Besides I had a great fun especially in race 1, where I got from P20 (after I sucked in qualy) to P12, if not only I`d hit P.Lee... but in general from my perspective race 1 was pretty clean one.

Great fun with these cars, I`d happily try those again, maybe with better results this time.

• Beer Beer x 1
  20. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,043
    I really don't think I deserved a drive-though penalty... this is how I "cut the track":

Wow... what a cheater! Look at all the time I gained by performing that foul manoeuvre! :confused::D

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2