RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, what DLC is needed to buy for this race?

I'm trying to find next week's race but I can't even locate the calendar. Does anyone know how to look at events on this new layout?
The calendar is in the works, until that time look for the weekly announcements you get automatically, also you can bookmark the club events if you like.

With winter coming fast to Minnesota I was really looking forward to the Wednesday races, so I do hope participation picks up so they will continue.
I do have to reschedule my afternoon nap time to participate, but that is just a minor inconvenience. :D

With winter coming fast to Minnesota I was really looking forward to the Wednesday races, so I do hope participation picks up so they will continue.
I do have to reschedule my afternoon nap time to participate, but that is just a minor inconvenience. :D
You retired there KO?

I've been hoping Winter will increase participation but it's fading, to be honest. Grids are always smaller in the Summer but I can't remember so many cancelled races in previous years. Lots of old hands have vanished and they're not getting replaced with newcomers. We'll see how it goes I suppose.

I've been hoping Winter will increase participation but it's fading, to be honest. Grids are always smaller in the Summer but I can't remember so many cancelled races in previous years. Lots of old hands have vanished and they're not getting replaced with newcomers. We'll see how it goes I suppose.
Ah yes, that seems to be the case in a lot of situations these days.

That maybe due to ever increasing number of sims. People tend to migrate to the newer stuff. Some of them might come back eventually but not all. Reading the post about the new BMW gt4, it seems like theres a lot of people preferring ACC to the RR for the changeable weather, physics, day-night cycle etc. That's no one's other than the developers. I still think RR is a great sim and will stay with it for a long time and am interested to see how it develops.

On the other hand. Maybe we should think about changing the format a little to encourage people to race with us. Have a points system for the club races maybe displayed on a leaderboard in the forums. Or someone might have another idea for this since I can't think of anything else atm.

It's true that R3E is an old sim and maybe some think it's had it's day, despite it still being under constant development. The problem these days is that sheeple are easily impressed by things that are all flash and no substance, so a new sim full of pixel crack draws them away. I consider weather and day/night to be little more than novelties since the less vocal majority barely use such features offline, and they're generally not used at all in online club racing.

You only have to look at the dumb "engine upgrade" arguments to see that the vocal minority barely even consider physics or the sheer amount of content featured in R3E. All they see is "DX9" so that must mean "old and ****", which is of course absolute nonsense. If you're a newbie looking for a sim to get into and see all that whinging, would you pick R3E?

On the other hand. Maybe we should think about changing the format a little to encourage people to race with us. Have a points system for the club races maybe displayed on a leaderboard in the forums.
This won't happen. RD clubs are supposed to be about friendly, relaxed fun and not competition. We've had points systems in the past and it just led to aggressive racing and loads of incident reports. That's the realm of leagues.

This car is an animal on this track. :D I experimented with it a bit earlier. At first I was having trouble keeping it on the track but adjusting the brake bias and the anti-roll bars seemed to help a bit.
I have been doing some hot laps in the car the past few days. I have been able to drop my times but not enough to be close to KO or Bock. With more time I could probably get within a few tenths of their time but by that time they will have lowered their times more.

This car and track combo has the potential for multiple disasters every lap. It is very difficult to keep it stable and I have found that to go fast in some parts you literally have to let it all hang out and just hang on.

I found the best set up for me was stiffening up the front ARB's significantly and lowering the rears to the lowest setting. I also reduced the camber in the rear to try to get more contact patch on the rear tires. No matter, it is still a hard car to control on this track as there are so many track camber changes that the car cannot keep up with them.

The race is gonna be interesting and the one that wins may be the guy who does not have the fastest lap times but is able to keep the car on the track more than the rest.

My race pace will most likely be a couple seconds slower than my leaderboard time just to try to keep it on the track for 20 minutes at a time and try to avoid those multiple disasters every lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%